Joe Douglas Press Conference

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Time will be the judge of JD but i loved his presser.Such a far cry from Mac,Idzik,Tanny & Bradway tip toeing around anything of substance.

This is an actual FOOTBALL GUY.

2. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I’m not saying Gase deserves 2 years, I’m just saying I think he’ll get 2 years.

Red Menace, Andy_M, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

You can tell he lives and breathes football, and to top it all off, he’s well-spoken.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he looks like he could sign himself to help out this offensive line a little

5. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

This.....totally where I am at too. After the snap, the whole offensive front looks confused and lost. Its like they have no idea who is supposed to block who. Defenses have seen this and are adding to the confusion and eating them for breakfast. Gase's offensive scheme may be brilliant on paper, but if that is the case, the talent on this team currently is obviously not capable of executing it. If that is the situation, then there is only 2 ways to correct it....change the players or change the scheme. From everything we have seen so far, changing the scheme will mean changing the offensive coaching staff....including the head coach.

6. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Changing scheme can be done more easily during a season, it's the logical answer. So why hasn't there been an adjustment? If you happen to pick up the personnel in the offseason and you think you can implement your scheme properly at that point, then go back to it. However, great coaches adapt to their roster. Gase seems like he's stubborn to the point of doing the same crap over and over even if the results are crap.

Cman68, NYJetsO12, SOJAZ and 5 others like this.
  7. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Yes, and this is what really worries me about Gase...he seems to have no idea what to do when his scheme isn't working.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I’m not even sure if it’s they can’t block or they don’t block the right assignment. Everything about the o line is a mess. This is 2005 bad

Cman68 likes this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Jets fans are so desperate for winning - or at least some competency - that they hang on every word uttered by the GM and try to "interpret" what they want to make themselves feel better. For me, I don't care what Douglas (or the Johnsons or Gase) says, I only want to see results. The rest is just smoke.

SOJAZ, Cman68, papapump and 3 others like this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing. I'm sure he can play a little guard.

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, I know that. I was just stating a general case why I don't think he deserves two years.

Cman68 likes this.
  12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I don't know. Based on the Douglas press conference, it didn't seem like Gase is in jeopardy anytime soon.

Red Menace likes this.
  13. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

who actually believes that Adams actually believes that to be the case?

14. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Unless he fires AG, then I do not see this changing. Even if he trades away players and loads on on draft picks, you still have this clown of a HC coaching less experienced players …. I'll remind everyone that AG had his players in Miami and his record the last few years including here is 13-25... to boot, 25 of them were by "double digit" loses. What makes anyone think that this team will be better even with an influx of new talent when you have a stubborn egocentric HC calling the same failed schemes he has for the last three years.

15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Douglas will do his Job , impress Ownership , and do everything to help his friend (Gase)

Then, like you said , Gase will just sh!t the bed like he's always done

Joe D and Chris J will be Observers on the sidelines and at the Crossroads with Gase...I give this fraud 12 months at best

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

IMO if Douglas is smart, he won't back Gase. Outside of the injuries, Gase is totally responsible for how lousy this season has gone for the Jets. If he stands by Gase and the Johnsons determine in year 2 that Gase must go, then they could question Douglas' intelligence, professionalism, and whether they want him making future decisions affecting the team.

#76 NCJetsfan, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

From my perspective JD just needs to do his job and capture talent thru the draft with some complimentary pieces in free agency, Gase works for CJ, and CJ is on the hook for that bone headed move. JD needs to shift the spot light away from him, take away the personnel excuses and place it square on Gases shoulders. He has to endorse him in public, but behind close doors is another matter.

Andy_M likes this.
  18. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Joe Douglas speaks English and makes sense (textbook quotes- nothing original - nothing interesting - as he should do)

And 90% of Jet fans are sucking his dick without hands.

unreal how low the bar is...

(I like Joe D by the way)

no wonder the Johnsons will never sell. Lots of cash from this fanbase. Bunch of mark ass busters.

19. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Ummmmmm read my reply

of course he had to do and say everything he did

not mad

I’m saying I called this waste of time

a nothing burger press conference- (that he conducted perfectly)

I like Joe!

Ralebird likes this.
  20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Douglas can't fire Gase anyway. Only Chris Johnson can.