Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Adams has to realize he works for the Jets not the other way around.
    I think it's time for his father to give him a call with some advise...son ya better cool your jets, your looking like a fool. (His father played in the NFL & could give him good advice. )

#1001 BudJet, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    NCJetsfan and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  2. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Extremely explosive athlete. A driven, high-energy dynamo, and a smart person. Could be a great one, but at this point he lacks an elite football IQ.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

He's gone at the end of the season IMO.

Let's hope the Jets are offered more than they turned down yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Adams from the Adams Family showing his Bizarre Side for the world to record..rofl with his comparison to AD and TB???!

From googly eyes Uncle Fester Gase and his smelling salts the whole Team is just Absurd

5. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Send him to Cleveland!

Acad23, KurtTheJetsFan and Since1969 like this.
  6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Drama queen.

rinvesto likes this.
  7. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

The media will continue to stir the pot, and this guy is stupid (egocentric) enough to keep taking the bait. When he and Douglas finally meet, the press will hype it up like the showdown at the OK Corral. The media knows how to play divas like a fiddle.

NCJetsfan, MJK, rinvesto and 2 others like this.
  8. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

First- Adams isn't even the best safety from his own draft class. Second- my suspicion is that Adams is actually disappointed he wasn't traded, but has this opportunity now to try and claim grievance on grounds of disrespect. Third- if the story is true that the Jets were offered a "1" for Adams, and they didn't take it, I think that is proof of the organizational incompetence. As many have mentioned-safety (esp strong safety that doesn't generate turnovers) is a position of relative luxury compared to OT, rush end, CB for sure... and probably even WR and C. Is a #1 pick a sure thing? absolutely not, but I honestly don't think you can rebuild a franchise around a pretty good, but not transcendently great, loudmouth safety.

9. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Sounds like he wants out.

This is a business and he should know it.

Yes talented and Agressive and mucho heart.

Be more professional and lay off the drama queen stuff...

NCJetsfan and rinvesto like this.
  10. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I am sorry but Adams reaction has nothing to do with his talent on the field.

He is an elite safety and defensive player and will be for some time to come. Whether or not he truly wants to be here and/or your personal feelings about his reactions - do not let that cloud rational thinking and lead you to believe he is lesser of a player than he is. It is pretty much consensus around NFL circles that he is arguably the best and undoubtedly in the top 3 in the league.
    Trying to judge him on interceptions is like judging a NT on sacks or a WR on rushing TDS, you could get 0 in a season and be highly effective.

11. His talent & overall impact lessens when hes a constant distraction...which he is.This is a TEAM game.

For sucha self righteous leader,have we ever ONCE heard one of his teammates other than his friend Maye praise his leadership or ability to bring people together?

That tells me much of his bluster is just self serving hot air that the media likes for sizzle

12. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I put no personal judgement in my statement and am not commenting one way or an other.
    I am just observing that because some have a bad taste in their mouth about this that they are trying to rationalize he is less of a player.

I hated the shit Revis pulled, but it did not make me think he was not as a good a corner as he was when holding out, regardless of if I wanted him to stay or go.

13. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He's no Ed reed

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

BrowningNagle and Benny the Jet like this.
  14. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone argues the fact that he's one of the best safeties in the NFL , like the talent of obj, but the great ones don't blow their own horn.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

A strong safety thats mediocre in coverage is about as important as a run stuffing lineman...I didn't wanna trade him but if Dallas was dumb enough to give 2 ones then most GMs would make that trade....we should stop drafting the least important positions in the first round.

16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

At least Douglas has talked about how important the OL is. The last GM took one OL before round 5.

17. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Well that's why he fielded offers for Bell and Adams...I think Douglas has a grasp of what positions are important and if he could turn those players into multiple high picks then this rebuild would be expedited 2 years....a strong safety and a RB running behind this line gets us nowhere...but the truth is no one wanted Bell and the best offer for Adams was a low one.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  18. Jamal wants “dawgs” shop his ass to the dawg pound w all the other me first LSU clowns.They arent winning football players

19. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I would say the clock has officially begun for Adams and the Jets to part ways...

20. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

two interceptions and four forced fumbles in 2.5 seasons, not a single defensive player of the week award.... These kinda stats will never get him anywhere close to even a HOF consideration. The self proclaimed president (president of what?) is just a pretty good run stopping safety, nothing more.