Trade deadline has passed, yes we suck but we can all calm down now

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Mr mittens

Mr mittens Active Member

This^^^^^^^
    I’m maybe the only Gase supporter left.
    You have to give him atleast 3 years. Him and Douglas are going to get the players that fit his system. He has his qb.
    Let Gase do his thing. After 3 years he will have turn this roster over with free agency and the draft. And if he don’t turn this team around I don’t think he will ever be a hc again let alone a coordinator. This is his show where Douglas will get him the pieces that he wants. So if it fails it will be on Gase.
    Gase will help Douglas turn this around.

GasedAndConfused and CBG like this.
  2. rscherwin

rscherwin Well-Known Member

I don't like the above logic. Belichek doesn't have a "system." He puts the players he has in position to succeed. Remember Mangini's brilliant 3-4. It was so brilliant that it put top-tier MLB out of position and forced them to trade him (Vilma). If Gase is a good coach, he'll build his plan around his available talent and around his opponent's strengths and weaknesses. Period.

The argument with Gase is this:
    Pro Gase: It's too early, his OL is crap, and he's ravaged with injuries.

Con Gase: Mr QB Whisperer Offensive guru couldn't adapt. Running 4-5 wide versus max protect with his QB running for his life. Not moving the pocket with a mobile QB.

Frankly, until the Johnson's are gone or Douglass shows he's capable and takes the wheel, we're going to be in trouble.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Slim chance of resigning him? Why? Because teams called and the Jets answered and listened to offers?

Adams may be emotional but he's not an idiot. I am POSITIVE guys like Bell have spoken to him and educated him on the process being an NFL athlete. Not to mention Douglas stated in his press conference that he will speak to him about the whole thing.

If the Jets offer him a huge extension, of course he takes it lol

Mr mittens and FJF like this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

You are correct Adams is not an idiot and imo Bell also cant wait to be gone , you think these guys enjoy losing ? They like money but Bell got nowhere near the money he thought he would to come here and in the end all players want to win. BTW IMO Douglas and Gase should have spoken to Adams before speaking to the media. I will be beyond shocked if Adams is resigned and I think yesterdays talks with the cowboys were preliminary trade talks for down the road. I still think Adams will be a Saint but again thats my opinion. I guess in time we will see if I am right or wrong but make no mistake Falco I have been right about many things in Jet land most recently the loser coach that they hired

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Mittens as shocked as I am by it , you are not the only GASEAHOLIC left as there seems to be a few of you guys , maybe Gase has a big family and you are all related that is the only reason I can see for people backing Gase at this point. I can only imagine how much damage and how far back Gase could set the Jets organization back if he was to be here for 3 years

ColoradoContrails and Ralebird like this.
  6. Mr mittens

Mr mittens Active Member

Lol no I’m not related. But what this team went through with injuries is crazy. I never seen any thing like it. I think at beginning of the year we looked like a good team with out depth. Then injuries happen depth step in. Mac left us with no depth and a below average ol. Don’t think any coach coming in would do any better then we are now with what was put on the table. Hell Gase even was mad what Mac was doing in free agency and the draft and convinced Chris Johnson to fire him. IMHO I also believe he was the one who hand picked Douglas to come the jets. They will work as one with the draft and free agency. And it will be his team. A true rebuild. He has Mac players he was working with and I think we would be ok if not for the injuries. IMHO we would of won atleast 10 games this year if not for injuries. I still believe we will be around 6-8 wins this year.

CBG likes this.
  7. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

This teams biggest need, by far IMHO, is a competent center. You have to build from the center out.

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Mittens I get it,,,,, but coaches coach players and put them in best case to succeed and make adjustments , Gase does none of these regardless of who is on the field. I will be here when Gase finally gets fired and say I TOLD YOU SO and if by some act of god you and others are correct I will be happy to eat crow = I dont see that happening

9. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I STILL blame Marino for this. Damn cheating fake spike play doomed that season. I hate when it's looked back upon as a great play. He took advantage of a courtesy afforded to QB's so they wouldn't take a cheap shot while trying to stop the clock. Non-SB-Winning Pussy.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

LS2RJ = don't hold back let it out

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  11. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I expect both a center and a left tackle to be drafted high.....

Mr mittens likes this.
  12. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I always felt Elway was the better QB from that class....better than Marino.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Did you have a stroke or something?

stinkyB, Jets81 and Red Menace like this.
  15. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

That or Robby Anderson hacked his account.

stinkyB likes this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i'm talking about firing gase after this season or even during it like fans are saying to do. got to give him chance
    yes that is what I said not sure how you made that a negative. it's good depth and good coaching at least on the defense

17. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

I'm in the same camp

There were/are a lot of problems with this team. It's not mere lack of talent. It's lack of system fit too. So even when we have talent it may not be best utilized

there are good coaches (e.g., Quinn -- yes he gets that by virtue of SB appearance) who are sucking ass now with better teams

It's extremely frustrating to be losing (big and often) again but i have a ton more confidence in this FO/CS than the prior. I respect that other posters liked other candidates, and who knows they may be right. But I have enough confidence in this group and we just need time AND focus

(honestly look at our past drafts; how can anyone expect the opposite)

Mr mittens likes this.
  18. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

I agree with all the calm and level headed approach. But i don't class Gase in it. He needs to show some level of competency before the end of the year. If not he needs to go. The rest all makes sense as to why we suck. But Gase has to take his fair share of the blame because his offense has not been prepared. He needs wins and a fair few down the stretch to convince me to back him for 2020.

19. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

lol yeah it was shitty but alas within the rules. shit happens

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Great post and 100% true, just unsure about the direction of the team under Gase. I think most fans realize the injuries have been bad and the schedule was brutal. I still expect more from my Head Coach and so called "offensive genius". I also trust Douglas to improve the team this off-season, but it doesn't change how frustrating this year has been. I had high expectations, so maybe that was my own fault, but I won't do that again next year. Unfortunate, because you want to believe in your team.