Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

We're playing the reverse psychology card already and its not even the halfway point?

I guess somebody has to try something to turn this mess around.

Stagman likes this.
  2. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Not saying he would have put up the same stats as he did as a Saint but we might have had a franchise qb in Bridgewater. Sam could have developed under him.

3. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

its not up to me. Or us. The htread is just moronic. Hes not getting fired after 7 games or 9 or 16.

4. jonnyd

Doesnt matter dude. He was hired by the same people in the building now and they arent firing him after 7 games or even after this season. They just arent.

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Well I mean if they want to suck...

Ralebird likes this.
  6. jonnyd

I get it. But I dont make the decisions. They do

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Just remember, Douglas came from an organization that ignored the fanbase pleas to get rid of the HC after one year. They were rewarded with their first ever SB championship.

We gotta hope history repeats itself.

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Gase isn't Pederson. Pederson went 7-9 in his first season in Philly with a rookie QB. Their offense wasn't great, but it was professional. And it was his first time as a HC, so he was learning on the job. Whereas Gase's offense is somehow worse than Bates's, despite this being his fourth season as a HC and having a second-year QB whose rookie year was about as good as Wentz's. To put it another way, I wouldn't be calling for our coach's firing if he were a rookie and we had a below-average but not terrible offense.

9. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the Eagles? If so then there's no way that happens. First of all Doug Pederson was a first time HC so they had to give him the benefit of the doubt, specially because their record was 7-9. Adam "most imbecile HC of all time" Gase is in his second team as a HC. This isn't a fairy tale where fuckface over here will eventually get better like Belichick did.

NCJetsfan and CotcheryFan like this.
  10. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Too many facts here
    The blind fanbase won’t understand

Noam likes this.
  11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Eagles were clearly further along than the Jets currently are. That doesn’t change the fact that the entire fanbase wanted Pederson gone and the organization that Douglas was a part of didn’t care and eventually were rewarded.

I hope we are rewarded too cause after today I’m pretty certain Gase ain’t going anywhere after the season and I certainly won’t be one of those pussy ass fake fans threatening to leave. I’m a Jets fan and always will be so I have no choice but to hope for the best.

LAJet likes this.
  12. jetsknicks1

jetsknicks1 Member

^^^ this. For better or worse (probably worse), Gase is most likely here 2-3 more years. I never liked his hire and JD should probably fire him before the end of the season but that’s not how this organization “works”. Gase will be the coach for yet another rebuild and the cycle continues.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The very simple answer to that is the Jets do not have a franchise quarterback.

Acad23 likes this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

A civil conversation? You have no idea what that is. This is the second post in a row to me that you opened with "ROFLMAO!!!" It seems like all that rolling around has caused some head injuries. Why are you so thin-skinned and defensive that rather than accept a differing opinion for what it is you constantly find a need to make things personal?

You did that for months regarding Gase until you finally saw the light but did you man up and come clean to me and the others you attacked relentlessly? Hell no!

Once again, you come here with the "ignorant and dense" simply because your fragile ego can't accept the fact that not everyone agrees with you. So long, schmuck.

15. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Yeah, how do you get worst than Bowles? Only the Jets can pull that trick off.

Jets81 likes this.
  16. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Douglas with Gase is probably gonna be like Ray Shero with John Hynes. An otherwise competent GM who willingly undermines himself hitching his wagon to a horseshit coach.

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

After Chris Johnson's comment to the fan about hoping the Jets "show up this week" against Jacksonville, he might be getting tired of the embarrassment and incompetence. Douglas supported Gase today, and I think you may be right that Douglas wouldn't fire Gase, but we can hope that Chris Johnson will. If Douglas really thinks that Gase is a good HC, offensive mind and QB developer, then he isn't as smart or competent as he's supposed to be.

18. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Gase will likely be here atleast one more season barring a complete disaster against the other piss poor teams of the league that we play coming up (Dolphins x2, Skins, Giants, Bengals)

My only hope is that if we can overhaul the offensive line maybe we can look like the team we did against Dallas. That was the one game where they didn’t completely shit themselves and the team looked good against a good team

19. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Gase is likely coaching for his job in the next few weeks because we play a bunch of other awful teams....If we can’t even compete against them he’s probably gone, but I think we should win most of em just on talent alone

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

The Jets have the worst OL in the league and a shell shocked QB. Most of those teams are better off then we are.