Bart Scott's Rants

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LogeSection2RowJ, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Bart Scott might be my favorite Jet player...after he retired!

He's brutally incisive in his analysis of the teams problems...and he's funny as fuck.

NCJetsfan and LogeSection2RowJ like this.
  2. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jets81 likes this.
  3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I agree. Yeah, I liked the "Can't wait" thing, but other than that he was a good player for us who was probably over paid. That said, he deserves a raise now. He says things you can not hear anywhere else. Hysterical. And he can talk X's O's that makes current players heads spin.

4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

posted a bit ago that i thought scott could slide into francessa's spot late afternoon at the FAN.

definitely think its a possibility.

Royal Tee likes this.
  5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I'll post it here to keep the rants in 1 thread...
    The whole thing is on point but he absolutely NAILED it from about 2:53 on...

Noam, KWJetsFan, Cman68 and 4 others like this.
  6. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Oh, that's great. Memo to the trust fund twins... please listen.

Royal Tee and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

He's spot on but it all is being said on deaf ears.

Nothing is changing. I woke up this morning to Adam Gase still employed as our Head Coach. What gives?

Royal Tee likes this.
  8. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

lololololooloololool.....BS ROCKS.

Royal Tee likes this.
  9. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Bart Scott is TERRIBLE in analyzing the most important position on the NY Jets (or any team, for that matter).....QB. :mad:

Why did SNY get rid of Ray Lucas ? Was this another case of the Wilpon's being cheap ?

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I had mixed feelings about Bart Scott when he was a player, but I love him now. He's articulate, seems to really care about the Jets, and he doesn't mince words.

Royal Tee likes this.
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think you already know the answer to your question... The Johnsons don't listen to anyone other than the Charlie Casserlys and the Peyton Mannings. They don't care one whit what the fanbase is thinking out loud as long as the money keeps pouring in. Even if they go 1-15, Chris Johnson will find an excuse as to why Gase deserves another bite of the apple as he can't admit he fucked up the hire. Once Chris and his know nothing brother realizes that their combined football knowledge wouldn't fill a thimble, that's when things will finally change for the Jets and their fanbase. Until then, we're gonna be living "Groundhog Day" every season.

12. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

I like that he comes across as a Jets Fan. when did WE become the Browns or the Bengals. He seems to be genuinely upset about what is happening. I always liked Bart Scott, maybe more for his demeanor and his words but still, I liked him. When he said its embarrassing and we have lost hope already. he hit the Nail on the head. Sad state of affairs.

BacktoQueens and KWJetsFan like this.
  13. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more.... and I said so in a letter to JC and JD. Here are several excerpts form the four pages:

I was not surprised by your recent public vote of confidence regarding the head coach. However, I must seriously ask if you really believe that? Frankly, I perplex how you could have “full confidence” in Adam Gase, called him a “brilliant” offensive mind who can work to develop quarterbacks.

Personally, I find your statements to be specious at best and at worse, disingenuous to the fan base.
    page 3 ....

I also find your statement about being frustrated by not winning curious. You and your brother have hired the last several HC and GMs, so you are accountable for the state of this organization. Too bad accountability never seems to apply to poor performance by the HC or GM.

I can only conclude, that either your judgement regarding a person’s football capabilities -not knowledge -is fundamentally flawed or worse you choose to ignore the facts (see above) and listen to the platitudes and placebos advocated during the interview process, subsequently after games or maybe even outside influences. Sometimes. Mr. Johnson you do not know, what you do not know.
    Page 4...

When I recall, Mr. Douglas statements about building a winning culture I look no further than the current state of this team. Half of the roster tapping out with injuries and terrible practice habits and it seems to this casual observer that a lot of guys are just collecting checks for not doing much or anything.

So, congratulations to both of you for building a culture, albeit a “losing” one, but at least you accomplished that., i.e., latest power rankling 32nd. https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2020/09/23/usa-today-nfl-power-rankings-new-york-jets-week-2/

If did not know better, and I am sure I do based on the foregoing, I would swear that you both really do not give a rat’s ass about winning especially considering the product you call a team that week in and week out, is an embarrassment.

I do not expect a reply but had to get it off my chest.... F -EWJ, CJ and AG...

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I applaud your sending the letter to Chris Johnson, but think you were completely wrong and misguided to send it to Douglas.