Report - Jets Trying To Trade Bell

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by footballfundamentals, Sep 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but this is simply ridiculous. To begin with, Hooker plays FS and Adamns plays SS, so they don't even play the same position. Even as good as Adams is, I don't see them getting two high picks like that due to the fact that he plays SS. More importantly, however, he is a rare homegrown talent that is very, very good, and has HOF potential, and you want to trade him. SMH Do you know how few Jets are in the HOF? We finally get one who has a legit chance to make it and you want to get rid of him.

Jets fans. Unbelievable.

Noam likes this.
  2. You can build inside out OR outside in if supply dictates. Both methods work just fine. Inside out is ideal & more logical but if OL/DL are in short supply or Boundary talent is far more appealing it can be done. Its more about finding good players who fit the system That can contribute.

On defense, which ever way they got there the unit currently screams of being built inside out. They are very strong up the middle but lack any thing decent on the edge or at corner.

Offense has just been a draft wasteland beyond Sam & Herndon. Yeah OL got ignored in terms of actual selections & is a disaster but WR isnt far behind. There isnt a X receiver on the roster outside of Demaryius Thomas.

There are just so many holes, such a lack of cohesive identity, an upcoming numbers crunch in terms of cap space vs roster spots.. one more bad draft combined w guys like Adams,Leo,Maye etc potentially turning sour..

Can it be fixed in a meaningful way? Sure.But Joe Douglas is gonna need to be the second coming of his mentor ozzie Newsome. And if he doesnt deliver we’re looking at a very grim not so distant future..

3. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

Hooker is constantly hurt and although they play different positions, Adams would be the defensive leader who can stay on the field.

Imo, Adams would not stay here his whole career on a perennial losing team. So he would probably not resign his second contract with us. So I feel the HOF argument is not valid.

The greater need is to solidify the offensive line through the draft. I would rather take the chance of drafting the next Jonathan Ogden that can protect Darnold, than keeping a potential HOF safety who will most likely walk.

4. NCJetsfan

Adams will only walk if the team doesn't win. If Douglas has a great offseason, the team should improve markedly and should start winning. It's still ridiculous to be talking about trading Adams. A great OL can still be built without trading Adams.

5. footballfundamentals

The key words in your reply are "if" and "should". So like I stated, Adams should try to be traded as the important thing with this team currently is to see what we have in Sam.

6. NCJetsfan

We'll just have to agree to disagree. The only way I'd consider trading Adams is if some team blew the Jets away with an offer, something like offering two 1st round picks, a 2nd and 4th. If Sam develops, he's going to need some help around him on the team, especially guys who are leaders. Adams has recruited several FAs to come to the Jets. His value is more than just what he does on the field, and he has more value for us than he would for other teams.

With the way things are going this season, the Jets could wind up with a top 10 pick, maybe even top 5. If they're in the top 5 and with as many good QB prospects that should be in this draft, the Jets should be able to get a bounty of picks by trading down.

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If we're in the top 5, that means something went wrong with Darnold. In which case we should at least consider drafting a new QB.

8. NCJetsfan

Maybe, but it could just mean that Gase, Gase's system and the OL undermined Sam's development. It could also mean that Sam got injured behind this POS OL and missed much of the rest of the year.

9. footballfundamentals

Did Brian Costello finally see my thread???:D

10. footballfundamentals

Btw...thank God we Did not sign Kirk Cousins...

11. footballfundamentals

I saw an article today regarding Robbie Anderson and Bell being potential trade targets....

12. footballfundamentals

Boomer Esiason just said it on WFAN. There may be a few surprises on the trading block for the Jets. Only a few players are safe. He did not mention Adams.

13. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

call up the skins and offer Bell for Trent

14. footballfundamentals

Bow to your master!!!

15. footballfundamentals

I was even right about a 1st and a 3rd!!!!!!!!

16. footballfundamentals

Again...I am way ahead of the curve!!!!

17. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

Thats a fake tweet bruh.

18. footballfundamentals

19. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

The Jets need to do a better job at understanding what positions are most valuable at the top of the draft...drafting run stuffing lineman and safeties is just a waste of assets especially when you can find solid players at those positions in free agency...they should be drafting offensive lineman and pass rushers...when the team is stable then worry about skill players....if trading Adams and Bell can expedite this process by a few years I'm all for it.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  20. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

You need to get off the PCP

HomeoftheJets likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.