LeVeon Bell Trade?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFOREVER, Oct 29, 2019.

1. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I'd be happy for Bell if he gets traded--he deserves a better team. If he goes to KC he may get a ring.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  2. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

He signed a contract with a different GM, who's no longer here, under very different circumstances. Let's look at the team objectively, is Le'Veon going to help us win games right now? What's our biggest weakness? Can the cap space we save for him be used elsewhere?

I wish Le'Veon was signed here under better circumstances. A better coach, better o-line, better qb play, but unfortunately he's not. If a team makes a competitive offer for him, Douglas may mite because he knows we aren't a premier running back away from winning. The jets need an entire roster overhaul and that requires a ton of draft capital

3. grkmanga31

It's not stupid for exactly the reason you stated, our coach sucks. Additionally, our o-line is so bad that Le'Veon's production is being cut

4. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

The NYDN's sources say that the Jets are looking to unload Bell's massive contract on the right suitor, so that the franchise can jumpstart the rebuilding process.

If they are rebuilding, why did they sign him in the first place unless it was just for the sole purpose of making headlines (Favre, Tebow, etc.)? This organization is in the worst shape since the Kotite years.

Acad23, jilozzo and papapump like this.
  5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Bell >>>>>> Gase in terms of value to our offense and Darnold.

And he's only what 26?
    Has plenty of prime years ahead, and contract is reasonable for that type of offensive playmaker.

We need more playmakers, not less.

6. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Then dump the coach, not the talent.
    It's so stupid. They really are trying to ruin this QB.

7. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Right ? .....

8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

KC? Detroit?

Can't really think of any other team. Houston? They gave up an absurd amount for Tunsil so idk.

9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It's like fckn 'Nam in here again, man.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I know wrong thread, but Gase needs to go. I look around the league and see nothing like this. Even Miami is better off without Gase and they are (0-7). I feel bad for Sam having to have a third OC in 3 years, but he will be better off in the long run without Gase. Looking to trade one of the best RB's in the league because your offense sucks and you don't know how to use him, well that is the final straw for me. What a loser.

11. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Fix the oline ! Bell doesn't need much of a hole, just fix the oline ! Don't trade Bell. I get the logic, but Sam is gonna need a good running game.

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I edited my previous post that your are responding to. Please take a look at that and let me know what you think.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  13. grkmanga31

I don't disagree, but I also think that the problems with the jets far exceed just Gase. He is the supreme issue with this team, but the jets haven't drafted well in a decade. The last time we had any legitimate drafts were the late 2000's when Mangini was here. Since then we've had shitty tannenbaum, idzik and maccagnan drafts. Our roster is top heavy, and devoid of talent.

Douglas has a 6 year contract and I think he's taking a long hard look at the roster and he's coming away unimpressed. I think he knows the jets are a few years away right now. A trade for L. Bell would be in the interest of the jets and bell. He should play for a team that is in contention, while the jets need draft capital to crawl out of the black hole of ineptitude.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

Because the front office sucks at talent evaluation.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The OL isn't getting fixed in the rest of this season, and maybe not during the offseason. Hopefully, it will be improved next year, but still may not be good enough, and if Gase is still here, Bell's full talents won't be utilized anyway. I like him and he's been a good Jet, and I have too much respect for him to waste him on this shit show.

16. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Bullseye. Gase's "brilliant" system is too complex for the players that are in it....and he will never change it. On top of that he sucks as a play caller. Those 2 things together = Doomed to failure.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

18. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

I am not completely against trading Bell, but I am completely against stripping Darnold of any of the few weapons he has. We need a running game to take as much pressure off the QB as possible.

Get rid of Gase, not Bell.

19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_H...

From my understanding, talking to sources, #Jets aren’t shopping LeVeon Bell as much as teams are calling them. They heard fire sale, and phoned Douglas to see price.

Is there a price? Yes. It’s high. #Chiefs & #Texans most interested. Chiefs have more to possibly get it done

— Connor Hughes (@Connor_J_Hughes) October 29, 2019

FJF and HomeoftheJets like this.
  20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Mehta is an assclown. He makes it seem like Douglas is calling people around the league.