Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Not good when The Boss sounds like a disgruntled Fan. Maybe Gase can do his hypnosis thing on CJ again, but his seat has to be warm and if he loses this week to Miami, that seat becomes red hot.

KurtTheJetsFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

That video of Chris saying that definitely doesn't bode well for Gase. I'm pretty sure that presser that was announced for Douglas tomorrow was AFTER Gase already had his presser about who was hurt and who practiced, etc.. Wonder if Chris got off the phone with Woody and said F this.

NYJFOREVER and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

Why wait after this week? Why did we hire him in the first place? Any guy with some common sense knows that you shouldn't hire him in the first place.

Ralebird likes this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Maybe Woody will resign from his ambassadorship and ride in on his flying umbrella to s̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶u̶s̶ fuck us up even more.

5. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Nick Sirianni is my current pick. No more retreads.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

To be fair. Gase is the first retread. Beyond that we've had first time head coaches since Parcells.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  7. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

I wrote this post without thinking and admittedly with cloudy judgement from Sundays frustrations. He's still my pick but the retread comment was an error.

#1627 Jets_Grinch, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    HomeoftheJets and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I was out all day.

Has Gase been fired yet?

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You do realize that the NFL permits teams to have more than one quarterback in contention for the starting job, right? Nothing says you can't have two for a year or so. In fact, the time for looking at these guys is when they're riding rookie contracts. The worst that could happen is that you have two guys that are both excellent. Yep, in the meantime you might miss a lineman but you have the best tradebait available to get one.

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

In Vegas, that's called "betting on the come." In reality nobody knows if Darnold can find his mojo, or if he ever had any. If you're sitting on a number one pick you get a quarterback if you can't be positive you already have one. As much as both lines are lacking and so is the secondary, there's only one answer to which position is the most important one on the field.

11. M00ndawg

M00ndawg Member

Fire this guy immediately! I don't even want to say his name. I completely understand that all that has happen is not his fault but the play calling has left the majority of us baffled. Dam! Why did ownership hire this dude knowing that he was not very much liked by his old team/ players? Please bring in someone that will at least stabilize the organization.

stinkyB likes this.
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Can someone confirm that there actually is a Joe Douglas press conference today and if there is what time and where can we watch it ????? OR if it is actually happening is this one of those call in Pressers where there are no damn cameras as ridiculous as that sounds the Jets have done that in the past

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

To begin with, I couldn't give a rat's ass what stupid Vegas says about anything.

I think your logic is a fail. Have you learned nothing about how Indy failed with Luck? What good would it do to take a QB #1 who isn't even rated as highly as Sam was, and he is still going to have to deal with a lousy OL? For argument's sake, let's say that Sam has lost it or never had it. The new QB would just be ruined too with our lousy OL and Gase, or he could prove to be a bust. There would be less chances of OL busting than a QB, especially with Gase as HC and our present OL. I believe that Sam has shown enough accuracy, smarts, mobility, ability to read Ds, and play-making ability to show that he can succeed behind a good OL in a good system. Do you honestly think he'd be struggling in GB, KC, SD, NE or several other places? I don't. Get him a good OL so he can relax, not be running for his life on every play, and suddenly his mechanics straighten out, his accuracy returns and there's no problem. Get him a competent QB Coach/OC and a good HC, and I believe that he can thrive. Giving up this early on a 22 year-old QB who has all the talent that Sam has and who has shown the flashes he has, would be totally stupid. Fix the OL, get a quality WR, and even if Sam can't recover or prove that he is a FQB, the team will be better and more solid, and whomever the next QB is, he will have a solid chance to succeed.

The bottom line is this...NO QB is going to succeed behind our OL and with our receiving corps. I honestly think that Gase could ruin Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady. Even if Sam proves to not be the answer at QB, our new starter will still need a solid OL and WR corps. If we don't give him that, we not only haven't learned anything from Indy and Luck, we won't have learned anything from the Jets' experience with Sam.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

As frustrated as I am with Gase due to the poor results and seemingly shitty gameplans, you kind of prove the point as to why it's not completely his fault.

Garbage receivers and an awful offensive line will often lead to an offensive dumpster fire. The Bengals have decent playmakers and a veteran quarterback that throws the ball to the right spot. And their offensive line has crashed them to 0-8.

15. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Yes, let's just draft Tua and throw him behind this dogshit offensive line and let him get clobbered. What's the definition of insanity again?

There is no logical reasoning in your post. If you want us to give up on a 22 year old QB that has shown immense potential, you need to come up with something better than that.

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I can see both sides of this debate.

What I haven't seen is Sam Darnold's "immense potential".

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  17. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

End of last season he was playing well beyond a rookie level.
    He's regressed quite a bit under Gase, even with more talent.

18. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Oline is garbage, although they look even worse this year under Gase.

I wouldn't call the playmakers or WR's on this team garbage though.

Gase is the dumpster fire imo, as he's not adjusting to the limitations or the strengths.
    Just keeps putting 11 personnel out there as the QB gets hit over and over.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Agree.

Still short of "immense".

20. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Douglas can make any trade he wants, but if this team goes forward with Gase at the helm for 2020, I’m done. That’s my line in the sand, we know what Adam Gase is, he’s a goddamn loser.

NoodleArm, HomeoftheJets and K'OB like this.