Bart Scott's Rants

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LogeSection2RowJ, Oct 28, 2019.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

for the entire two hours?

Can anyone direct me to a segment pertaining to the Jets?

2. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Yeah

when Archuletta said you cant win throwing quick passes all day I put the TV on mute

Wonder if he’s ever heard of Tom Brady

3. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I think Barts baseball knowledge is so bad that I just couldn't take it anymore...his football takes are decent tho.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

FAN has a golden goose here: Joe vs Bart on "Who can trash the Jets better?"

They should make it happen with a popcorn gallery of the hosts voting on the winner.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

6. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I take this back comparing Williams to M Betts is insane...Betts is a former MVP and a all star...Leo is more like Austin Romine

7. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Pretty hysterical. Bart said Minshews mustache had more football IQ than Jet LB Burgess (for being in a sprinters stance 5yds off the line indicating he was rushing)

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I got about an hour of it, but apparently the best hour..... THAT was my favorite though. "There's still a place for neanderthal "I pick stuff up, put stuff down" types in the NFL. Some guys are wedge busters for a reason.... so those guys can go bash what little braincells they have...and the smarter players can come in behind them and make plays" (something like that.) ha

Acad23 and PulseJet like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I've never listened to them before, but loved them today.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

IMO Bart will NOT be on SNY post game much longer as the Jets do not like when people on their payroll do not toe the company line-----I am not sure how much SNY is tied to the Jet organization but I would think that they have a say I could be mistaken. Years ago Dave Jennings was great on the radio during and after Jet Games and so was Freeman McNeil but because they told the truth and did not sugar coat it they were gone. Call those guys the ANTI Buttle as he will say anything they want to keep his job he is pathetic. I loved when ex Jet Kenny Schroy called into the post game one day and he told Buttle "unlike you I can tell the truth as Im not on the jets payroll anymore " it was great = if anyone can find that audio post it one of these days

kevda5n9ne and Cman68 like this.
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Dilly Dilly!!!!!!!!!!

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Well, it’s actually going to be a 5 part series. Next week he covers the bradway era.

HomeoftheJets and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. Longsuffering88

We need things like this.

we need HUGE media negative coverage

there is no other way

this forum flat out deleted the “sell the team thread” so I have zero confidence in it

14. Longsuffering88

You win for best avator by the way

stinkyB likes this.
  15. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I've tried listening to that show it just doesn't click with me.

Mike Francesa and Steve Sommers are the two people on that station I can listen to anytime. They also have a couple of young guys (I think they're young LOL) that I can listen to I don't know their names.

16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

LLOOOLLLL. that's good shit.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah, good point CBG. Bart Scott even said he's trying not to care about the Jets anymore because he got in trouble for saying Trumaine Johnson is a bum who should give half his salary to charity. It doesn't require one to be very smart to figure out who he got in trouble with....

I hope Bart stays Bart, even if it costs him his job at SNY.

---

there are no Bart Scotts on this team anymore sadly. He talked about how the Jaguars dressed their mascot up as a ghost and how it pissed him off, how he would've picked the Jaguars QB up and slammed him on his head if he was still playin, 15 yard penalty be dammed.... Then you think about these guys on the field presently who don't even care about that, its hard to get them to care about winning or losing. Sad stuff

NCJetsfan and CBG like this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

The good news is Bart will at least have his WFAN gig for a while so he can speak his mind there. I enjoy watching him on the post game show and Lucas also but the bottom line with Bart is he DOES NOT NEED THE JOB for the money as the guy is loaded so he probably enjoys the gig but money wise could care less if they shit can him

stinkyB likes this.
  19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

There's one.......

but on a side note.... I wish the JETS had a mascot willing to bungee jump off the top of the stadium in full costume... with a ghost suit on top of it. lol

20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

21. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

The thing about Bart is, he backs up what he is ripping. I'm a Jets fan who doesn't care to hear too much negative crap, but I enjoy his criticisms because it's real. Not crap. For a short while Maggie and Bart had Jamaal Adams call in as a weekly guest, and when he'd come on, Bart would start talking detailed football and you could tell it made Jamaal dizzy. Not in the same league. (For those that didn't know, Jamaal left the show over Maggie pressing him on why he "unfollowed" the Jets on social media that particular week.)

I hope some of you who listened heard Bart's destruction of Adam Archuleta's TV commentary. It was classic. Similar to the Minshew Moustache remark. It occurred during the second hour.

NCJetsfan, stinkyB and CBG like this.