L. Williams Traded to Giants

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by grkmanga31, Oct 28, 2019.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That doesn’t change the fact that team had control. Adams has to risk his money. See Melvin Gordon

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

CAUTION, CAUTION, CAUTION, Jet ownership. No more cart before the horse rebuilding approach. I think the plan moving forward is to clean house once again and collect draft picks, so we better determine before the draft if Gase is the long term solution or not. I don’t want to draft next year for one coach style of play and then fire his ass and bring in another completely different style coach that sub optimizes the capability of our new draft choices. If was absolutely insanely stupid of the Ownership to allow Mac to complete the draft and get all of those free agents last year. Had JD been there before the draft, I would have expected a totally different selection approach. We are once again about to embark on a rebuilt, with a bad HC and OC at the helm. Bite the bullet, and cut your losses with Gase. My two cents.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

hall of famers have bad games, not sure why you offered that question though, as Jamal Adams ain't no hall of famer

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Bingo. I think maimi fucked up with the fitzpatrick trade but tunsil was a good trade for them. they got 2 1st rounders and tunsil has so far only been an average LT. they can replace him with 1 of the picks easily and have a 2nd one. Unless someone offers us insane value I wouldn't move robby either. also remember we have an 8 million dollar hole with enunwas contract. we should have extended robby instead of enunwa

kevda5n9ne and dawinner127 like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

lets be real though FJF, its pretty clear he's gonna be the type to demand a contract ahead of his option year

Chadchrebet likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Seriously? Since when have players not gotten any criticism on this site? LOL As for Adams, did you see the long run and TD-saving tackle he made? On the TD to Chark, he made the mistake of guessing and guessed wrong.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Well he's 24 and in his third year so yes, you would be correct. Writing him off this early would in fact be stupid, so I'm not sure why you'd do that. Well, I know why, but I'll play nice.

8. NCJetsfan

It's getting really ridiculous around here with posters wanting to trade what few really good players we have, as if we have players waiting in the wings to replace them and they won't have to be replaced. I think some posters just need to take a break for a few games or maybe until the end of the season. It's probably not going to get any easier to be a Jets fan or any better as long as Gase is the HC.

GasedAndConfused and LAJet like this.
  9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Totally agree with your approach and keeping the options open. But at some point we need to keep long term a nucleus of key players that provide leadership and a winning mentally to this sorry excuse for an organization.

dawinner127 and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. BrowningNagle

I've never written him off, I simply have said he's not a hall of famer and deserves some criticism for yesterday's performance

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

It's not "pretty clear" at all. That's reading into it from your perspective not his. Adams is a team player, humble and has great character. There is absolutely nothing that Adams has said or done to suggest what you do.

12. NCJetsfan

Totally agree. What better player to lead the D going forward than Adams? He is a winner and a leader.

13. GasedAndConfused

You know, we don't agree often but I have to agree with you here. I don't get why we would want to get rid of young talent. rebuilding teams get rid of old talent. like denver moving von miller or chris harris makes sense. doens't make sense for us to trade adams or robby. the only reason leo made sense was due to crazy depth at d-line and not being able to afford him after this year. we don't have the depth at safety or WR to trade anyone young or good. Only WR i'd trade is DT but he has no value. I'd lock up robby and look to add another WR or 2 in the offseason to go with robby and crowder and hope enunwa can actually stay healthy

LAJet likes this.
  14. BrowningNagle

yeah, ok, the guy who never stops talking is suddenly going to be quiet about making less than market value on a losing football team

well see about that

15. NCJetsfan

Is he constantly saying negative things or selfish things? No. He's saying positive things, leadership kind of things, or trying to recruit others to come here. Just because he talks a lot doesn't mean squat.

16. BrowningNagle

again, well see about that.

ask WFAN about these 'leadership things' btw

17. mute

mute Well-Known Member

he enters from the other side of the stadium now.

18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

100% on board with this. Winning organizations draft, retain and develop young talent thru great leadership/ coaching, while loosing organizations misuse the draft and destroy young talent thru poor coaching, poor player development and massively inefficient game planning.

19. GasedAndConfused

yup. I'm all for stockpiling picks but only if it doesn't create another hole. otherwise it's 2 steps forward 3 steps back. whats the point of trading robby for a 4th onyl to draft the next ardarius stewart in the 4th round lol how does that help the jets or darnold?

Longsuffering88 likes this.
  20. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Good for the return we got....bad because another top 10 pick essentially down the shitter

westiedog1 likes this.