L. Williams Traded to Giants

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by grkmanga31, Oct 28, 2019.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

2017 — Jamal Adams (could be next)
    2018 — Sam Darnold (seeing ghosts)
    2019 — Quinnen Williams (a ghost)

Acad23 and BrowningNagle like this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Yes, and a very high third round pick at that. Which in all likelihood we would not have gotten, plus a 4th in 21.

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

good leaders step up. you don't see barkely bitching about the giants? hell he took the blame for one of DJ's fumbles saying he missed a block. I don't see bell bitching. I don't see adams bitching. it's all fan made up nonsense. adams isn't an AB type player

4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

If you follow this site as I know you do, I’m sure you noticed that many here think anything and every body is a POS at some point. And they profess to be die hard Jets fans.

Acad23 and GasedAndConfused like this.
  5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Right on the money, not only did we draft like crap, but we made choices that were totally inconsistent with the style of play the CS was looking for. Like drafting 4-3 DL that were sub optimized in the 3-4.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You're the only one making yourself look stupid. Jamal Adams is a great player. He could easily continue to develop, get better and wind up in the HOF. Saying that he is nowhere near that, nor will ever reach that level is the only thing that is stupid.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

idk, dude. idk if you can call someone else stupid after saying Jamal Adams "could easily" end up in the Hall of Fame.

I think there are only 14 or so safeties in the history of the game that made it to the hall of fame. So... its not came easily for anyone at the position.

Jamal Adams has 1 pro bowl, to get in the hall he will need like 9 more lol. Or winning some big games would help too. his current team is 1-6 though, so that's gonna take awhile

8. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I agree he's not an AB type player. But say the Jets continue to suck, and start off slow next season. You dont think he could be a Jalen Ramsey type player?

I dont see him going public like a maniac, but I dont thnik he'd hesitate to get out of here if the option presented itself.

9. NCJetsfan

Would you rather have a player that likes or is ok with losing?

10. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Against the Jets oline, you and I can get 4 sacks.

ouchy likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

lots of good players are on bad teams. if every good player bailed on a bad team, bad teams would never improve. it kills the parity of the NFL. It's amazing people don't see the irony in their logic

step 1) get a bunch of draft picks to improve team
    step 2) trade every draft pick you hit on for more picks
    step 3) draft players
    step 4) repeat

it's a never ending cycle that seems like people have played too much madden offseasons. You don't trade good young talent on a rebuilding team unless you can't afford to pay them and you are deep at the position. that is why leo made sense. it makes no sense to trade adams or robby or bell or mosely or whatever nonsese. you trade players who are older (over 30) or can't afford to keep and have young talent behind them. trading anyone else creates a huge hole. right now JD should be extending robby, jenkins and poole and focusing on locking up our future free agents

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

LMAO yeah sadly I have noticed it. it's why I took a break from the site at the end of last year.

13. NCJetsfan

I don't think that Jamal is the type to want to bail like that.

14. jcass10

I disagree, but appreciate the response.

I hope your right, and that Adams is a pro-bowler here for a long time.

15. jcass10

Like I told the other guy, I genuinely hope you're correct here.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

I didn't call him stupid. He's the one who first used that term in the conversation. I said that he's making himself look stupid, and I stand by that. It's not a stretch to think that Adams could easily wind up in the HOF. He has great talent. He has great character and leadership. He is a hard worker and wants to be the best he can. He is versatile. He already has one All Pro to his credit. He could wind up with quite a few more before he is done and wind up in the HOF. There's no reason to think that his level of play should decline. If the Jets' D improves, his play should only get better, or if he is traded to another team where he isn't expected to do so many different things, his play should only get better.

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I love how many here want to trade every freaking player, including Maye and Adam, arguably our only position of strength and energy , so we can accumulate more picks and miraculously they will all convert into instant contributors. And if they do, I guess we should trade them as well. You don’t consistently throw the baby out with the bath water each and every year and expect to be nothing more than the laughing stock that we have already become.

Attackett and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

its about time the players get some criticism around here. we are going on 10 years of losing seasons and yet the players rarely get flack.

Jamal Adams gave up two big plays yesterday in a game the Jets lost by 2 touchdowns and people are saying he could end up in the hall of fame

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

A hall of famer never had a bad game? At age 24? This is absurd.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I think there are more angles to this. The fan who wants to literally trade every damn player we have vs the fan who isn’t opposed to turning over every rock. I think it would be asinine to trade every “asset” we have, but if a team wants to blow the doors off with an offer it can’t hurt to listen to it. That being said, i wouldnt trade Adams, Robby, or Maye for anything less than an overpaid price.

NCJetsfan and GasedAndConfused like this.