Priority #1 for Douglas : Build Darnold an OL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 27, 2019.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

He looks fat to me.

PabloJa, NYJFOREVER and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

Well Phins are in complete rebuild with Fitz, Redskins are a complete mess and nearly lost to the Phins, Bengals are not competitive at all. If after spending money on Bell, Crowder, Mosley and getting OL players who are now released, if he can't coach our players enough for 4 wins against these teams, then he is not a good enough coach to entrust our 22 year old QB to. Fire and get new guy.

NCJetsfan and HomeoftheJets like this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yep. Have to build the O-line for Sam. In fact, nothing else matters but the offense. The entire draft should be offensive lineman and wide receivers. Free Agency should be adding 2 OL and 1 WR. I care about the defense, but I care more about Sam's future. They need to do all they can for him.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  4. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

He's not a good enough coach regardless if we beat those teams anyways. Bengals, Dolphins, Redskins will all be picking top 5 in 2020 draft, beating them means you're not bottom of the barrel, but you can't compete against anyone better.

IMO, I would have fired Gase today, but Chris Johnson knows firing Gase means his judgment is directly implicated as faulty.

#104 grkmanga31, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    NCJetsfan and Yorkshire Jet like this.
  5. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

I watched the game against the Vikings, they looked decent before losing the QB. I can see their DL plat good against our OL.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  6. grkmanga31

Redskins have looked improved since they fired Gruden. Bill Callahan has them playing with a bit more fire, and I think they could easily beat the Jets, not because the redskins are better, but because I legit believe the majority of jets players will be in self preservation mode for the rest of the season. No player wants to leave it all on the field, when they may be a free agent, or perhaps fear of injury.

IMO, the jets would be better served losing at this point, than winning. Losing will at least force Gase out. The unfortunate thing is, with continued losing, Darnold may continue to regress and it may be a career breaker

NCJetsfan and Stagman like this.
  7. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

This is scary.

NYJetsO12, Brook! and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

We knew 4 years ago that our offensive line was bad. Yet is has managed to get even worse each season.

We all see how Sam is being killed in the pocket. In fact, it has been a pattern for our QBs every game this season.

Whats perhaps worse. We have one of the premiere RBs in the league and we cant even create one hole for him to run through the entire game. Not even one stinkin hole. Our line is perhaps the worst in Jets history.

Now lets look at Gase- a guy who only knows one gameplan. Spread everyone out with a terrible o-line up front so your QB and RB can get repeatedly creamed. The spread should have been dumped after the Cleveland game. That offense is single handedly ruining Sam. Period. The spread is going to ruin Sam's career.

Or should I say Adam Gase is. Gase is a terrible offensive mind. Just terrible.

I've heard a lot of people weigh in on the Jets this weekend. But I think my 4 year old nephew nailed it the best when he described the Jets saying, "They look like stinky poo". He already knows more about football than Adam Gase.

Locker room imploding in 3...2...1...

NYJetsO12 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  9. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

I agree with this as well. Seeing how the Patriots prioritise having a good O-ling, giving brady time to pick out the scrubs they tend to have at the WR position. Id be down with us drafting 2-3 offensive Lineman, adding 1-2 through Free Agency. With Crowder, Anderson, Enunwa, Herndon and an emerging Griffin. And dont forget Bell out of the backfield its all about helping Darnold, giving him time and the line to open up gaps for Bell. With one top WR in that lot we could be in a much better offensive position.

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This should be the question on everyone's lips today...

grkmanga31 and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Not necessarily my friend. He could sign a FA OL or two,draft a WR in round 1 or 2, and then draft two more OL.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

I'd like to see them add one good CB in FA, otherwise, I agree.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  13. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

14. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

SOS ---> SAVE OUR SAMMY. Hey GM Joe the skins are now open to trade Trent Williams - Think you can work some magic

15. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Can we hire Callahan to replace Gase? At least he knows how to build a hell of an O-line. He has done so many times.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Not interested. We build the line through the draft, not through 31 year olds.

PabloJa, TonyFtLaud, Skicats and 2 others like this.
  17. Agree 100%. Build the line the right way

CotcheryFan likes this.
  18. grkmanga31

He was our o-line coach/assistant HC under Rex when we went to the back to back AFC champ games. I don't think he'll be hired as a HC, but I would be more than happy to have him come as a OC.

Ultimately though, whoever is the next head coach, needs to bring in their own staff. I do believe Gase does not last here

19. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

I would think that Enunwa is done. We will see.

CotcheryFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. NCJetsfan

I agree. I don't think we can count on Enunwa any more, and for his sake, I hope that he retires.