L. Williams Traded to Giants

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by grkmanga31, Oct 28, 2019.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It's as simple as when he signs his big contract, he'd rather sign for a winning team than a losing team.

2. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Don't even bring up Troy Palamalu and JA in the same cohesive thought. JA is miles away from him.

dawinner127 likes this.
  3. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Malcolm Brown 4year starter
    Trey Flowers 4 year starter
    Joe Cardona still starting
    AJ Derby 6th round pick traded for a 5th rounder
    Can't compare. They don't give big contracts,after 4 years they just draft replacements.

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

No shit. Jamal is in his 3rd year. Everyone’s hope here is that JA would become a player like Palomalu. Troy wasn’t the player he was in those first 2 years either.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He has been happy here and I think will be again, when things get turned around. That said, I really like Adams, and would hate to see him waste his whole career on the Jets if things aren't going to get turned around. If Gase is going to remain the HC, they might as well trade everyone.

The thing about the Chiefs, since they will probably go deep into the playoffs, their pick is going to be very low. What would you take from them for Adams? At a minimum, we'd have to get at least a 1st and 2nd pick, if not two 1sts.

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Agreed, wouldn't do it for less than a 1st and a 2nd. The Dolphins got a nice haul for Laremy Tunsil and Kenny Stills; while Adams is better than either one of those two, he doesn't play a premium position. Ideally we could get two 1sts, but I don't think we would.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think Jamal will be a HOFer. I'm not giving him up for anything less than two 1st round picks,and probably would want a 3rd or a 4th in addition to that. No team will pay that, however, so that's why I say keep him.

8. Chadchrebet

Do you honestly believe that Jamal Adams will turn into a HOF'er. We're talking Ronnie Lott, Ed Reed, Rod Woodson, and eventually Troy Palamalu. He is nowhere near that, nor will he ever reach that level. Stop making yourself look stupid.

dawinner127 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This talk of trading Jamal is batshit crazy. That's how you know things are rough around here.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Can’t find it but I saw tweet that said they rejected offers for maye

11. BroadwayAaron

As they should. Everyone is getting a little too trigger happy because they are panicking. It's no coincidence that guys like Anderson and Leo are on the block. They are soon to be UFA's that will require a bigger contract than they are worth if we want to keep them. Adams, Maye, and all these other guys people foolishly want to ditch ASAP are core guys and the front office knows that. With all of the awful things we have going for us, why would we get rid of the few good things? Maye and Adams are a safety duo better than most. Why create more holes to fill?

NYJFOREVER, NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  12. Chadchrebet

Its rough around here yes, but if we're going to rise from the ashes the current guys are not getting it done. Get something while you still can, he's not resigning here next year.

I'm talking full rebuild Parcells mode in 1997 when the traded my beloved Adrian Murrell, a perennial 1000 yard rusher.

13. FJF

Jets still control Adams for 2 years under his contract plus the tag for another 2 if they really wanted to.

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I never said anything about the HOF. He’s in year fucking 3 and was an all pro in year 2. Your hope is that he would eventually become a player like those guys you just mentioned. You don’t trade a player with that potential for a bag of peanuts. I’ve rarely seen you post around here, but maybe it would be wise for you to go back to the cave you just crawled out of.

15. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

If they are taking calls on him, the right offer won't be rejected.

16. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

This is a horrible deal for the Giants, like laugh out loud bad. The Giants are also a horrible football team and should not be buyers at the deadline. They also have a ton of salary cap space this offseason and a GM that will be desperate. There is no chance in hell they will get any compensation pick if Leo walks at the end of the year. If they really wanted Leo that bad they should’ve just signed him in the offseason with that cap room and held onto the 3rd and possibly 4th rd picks.

Also anyone saying we should trade Jamal should be banned.

17. Chadchrebet

Correct, we have him next year, and a team option for 2021. Don't think he will sign his team option ifhes on a 5 win team next year also though. Furthermore, I don't know what the next Collective Bargain agreement looks like, but one of the gripes of the current NFLPA is the franchise tag. I'd get what I can get NOW.

18. Chadchrebet

You compared him to Troy Palamalu, enough said. He's in an elite category called the Hall of Fame. I want you to realize the absurdity of comparing JA to a hall of famer.

dawinner127 likes this.
  19. FJF

I’m trying to picture how they took calls and knew who specifically the other team was targeting.
    Receptionist: eagles on line one Mr D , they want to know about maye and maybe the skinny guy with the haircut.
    Joe D: I’ll call them back working out a deal for the fat guy with the haircut.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  20. BroadwayAaron

Or... just keep the cost-controlled pro bowl caliber 24-year-old safety while you're trying to build your team and see how it all pans out.

NYJFOREVER, NCJetsfan and FJF like this.