L. Williams Traded to Giants

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by grkmanga31, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Why do they even need to blow the doors off? He plays a non-premium position, and we won 5, 4, and likely 3-4 wins this year With him. I'd be set with a number 1 if we can get it.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

in a heartbeat

3. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I believe that a large percentage of players drafted out of college are good enough to play in the NFL, but the organization they get drafted by is a massive reason as to why they make it or bust. It's impossible that teams like the Pats have such great luck with drafting players and the Jets find so many players who are full blown busts unless one team just happens to know how to develop players and the other does not. The ones that manage to make it on a team like the Jets were just so good that they overcame their crap organization to make it anyway or that team just happened to have a good coach at a certain position that knows what he's doing.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

At least.

5. Chadchrebet

There is also that magic sauce that is the greatest HC and greatest QB of all time together on the same team. Plus the QB takes a discount so other guys can eat.

6. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Maye is on the block

7. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I totally agree. It’s not just drafting quality players that fit your system. It’s also player development and the Jets have neither of these things. Furthermore, changing coaches every 4 years means that you don’t really have a system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails and FJF like this.
  8. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Sure, but take the Pats right now. Brady's best years are behind him. If you threw him on the Jets right now he'd probably retire than take a snap. Belichick built a sick defense, has nothing to do with Brady. How does he get so many hits with late round picks when the Jets have high picks who are "sure things" and they bust one after the other? With all of the high ranking defensive picks that the Jets have, they should have a top 5 D in the league.

9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

seriously? talk about diminishing returns

10. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Would love to move Adams. 1 int though. At most we get a 2

NYJetsO12 and Chadchrebet like this.
  11. Chadchrebet

Because we draft Jachai Polite, a low character moron with a high "potential", and they draft high character guys like Chase winovich... in the same goddamn round.

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Does he look happy to you?

And it doesn't matter how good he is, a safety can't turn around this mess. We need as many premium picks as we can get and hope for once we have a GM who knows what to do with them. And I could see a team like the Chiefs biting; they need impact players on defense if they're going to beat the Pats in the playoffs.

13. Chadchrebet

This^ players are now all about their "brands" and he has no brand in a NYJ uniform.

14. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

I agree with both of you. I believe that there is a huge gap among coaching staffs around the league when it comes to both game planning and player development.

15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

This has nothing to do with brands.

16. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Good. There’s really not a whole lot worth salvaging on the current incarnation of the New York Jets.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  17. Chadchrebet

Please don't tell me you're one of those guys who believes he plays in the NFL because he loves it? He gets paid, he is a profit motivated objectively reasonable person just like everyone else.

18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Without a doubt but 1 and a 3 I’m in.

Because he’s still young and was an all pro in his second year. There is hope he could grow and become An even better player. Polamaluesque?

19. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I love that Douglas made this deal with the Giants - a guy that will dismiss the BS "don't deal with rivals" stuff that's born of fear is alright in my book. Hopefully this kind of unbiased decision making continues.

20. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I actually hope they keep Adams. Not that the defense lives and dies by the strong safety position, but Adams has leadership ability in addition to his physical talent. They need someone like him to hold the locker room together once they get the talent they need.

I'd trade Bell for a first and a couple 2nds at least though. Not that it's his entirely fault, but his presence has made zero impact, and I'd rather have a bunch of picks to rebuild the O-line than a RB who can't even be properly utilized because of the weak line.

Hopefully trading Williams doesn't mean that D-lineman is now #1 priority again in the draft.