L. Williams Traded to Giants

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by grkmanga31, Oct 28, 2019.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

possibly but then don't they risk losing him in free agency?

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I totally disagree. Who says he isn't happy here? He's a leader and a great player. He's one of the few players that give us hope for the future. I"m not so sure that we'd get such a huge haul for him either, considering the position he plays.

3. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Who cares, he was a bum, and we cant draft as an organization.

4. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Anybody know if the giants get a compensatory pick if someone else signs him at the end of the year? Then it looks like they can walk for a 5 in 2021? Which makes this trade a lot more palatable. (for them)

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

lol he is a bad GM but he's not the only one who wanted leo. Leo doesn't suck, he's just someone who we can't pay his value to. We are too deep at d-line especially with foley and phillips looking good, we just paid anderson (he'll be gone in 2021 though) and just drafted Q and extended mclendon. We have other things then to spend money on the d-line in the offseason

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

So you'd be comfortable handing out a longterm deal for most likely $8-10 mil a year? I wouldn't be calling OTHER fans dumb...

Yup. Makes such little sense for them, a ton for us. A rarity.

7. NCJetsfan

All of them. All are good foundational players. Asking how much I'd pay them is crazy. None of us knows what players should or will get. Turning over the whole roster is insane! That's what Miami is doing and they're gonna suck for years as a result. I don't want to see another 5+ year rebuild. We have a lot to lose if we screw Sam and trade any players that can help us going forward. Sorry, but you're flat our wrong.

8. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Even if you do decide to trade Adams because he's unhappy you don't make that trade at the deadline you make it in the off-season or draft when there's more teams involved.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

Perhaps, but you trade those guys and it's guaranteed that he will never develop. Our only hope is to fire Gase.

10. GasedAndConfused

No not at all which is why I said trade him. Not that he isn't worth that money, just that he isn't worth that to us in a year where we don't have a lot of cap room and we are really deep on the d-line. Not sure why you can't gasp that concept

11. NCJetsfan

In order for me to trade Adams, the Jets would have to get a good bit more than a 1st and 3rd. He's a SS. Even as great as he is, I don't think any team would give even that much. He's a leader and has helped bring FAs here. If the team guts itself of all quality players, then the only FAs who will sign here are older, mediocre players who want one last big payday. No thanks.

12. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

I’m with ya.. Adamslooks beaten down, and who could blame him?! He’s got no true ties to the area, and all they’ve done is lose!!

Quite frankly he’d need his head examined if he resigned..

13. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

So what you're saying is.. he is not untouchable?

Thats the point I'm trying to make. I dont think they'd get a first and third either, but ruling out trading him doesnt make sense to me.

14. BroadwayAaron

Because the concept that Leo, a run-blocker, is worth $10 mil a year is a hard one to grasp. Ask the Giants how it worked out the last time they signed an ex-Jet run stopper for $10 mil a year.

ColoradoContrails and grkmanga31 like this.
  15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

What do you think you've been witnessing for the LAST 5 years and the 5 before that? Yeah, a rebuild. There's no real reason why Adams will re-sign here. Bell? Don't think for a second he's not having buyer's remorse although he hasn't come out publicly. All those others you named look good because everyone else on the roster sucks. This team has won 15 out of its last 40 games and counting so what exactly are we building on here? What exactly is it that we're risking by turning over a lousy roster? A shitty foundation only leads to a shitty organization. The Jets have sucked for years too ICYMI and will continue to suck for the foreseeable future as one draft or two isn't gonna transform this team. The ocean equivalent of the hole the Jets are in would be.. Marianas Trench.

16. GasedAndConfused

he's not just a run blocker though. he does get pressure. he's one of the top 10 in QB hits and pressure sin the NFL since coming into the year. he just isn't getting sacks. so what. in the past 2 weeks he caused an INT on a QB hit, a grounding penalty brady threw away to avoid the leo sack, and had a sack taken away due to a ticky tack defensive holding penalty in the secondary.

17. NCJetsfan

No, I'm saying that he is untouchable. I'd listen if another team called expressing interest, but no team is going to pay what I would demand for him (something on the order of two 1st round picks plus another picks or two). so the end result is that he is untouchable. There's a difference between listening to a trade offer if a team calls asking out of the blue, and shopping a player.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah they would be eligible for compensatory picks if Williams walks

19. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Hate to say it, but this is 100% accurate. I don't think anyone on the roster is off limits. I cannot see Adams re-signing when he's due for FA

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  20. BroadwayAaron

But other teams wanted him...

NCJetsfan likes this.