Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Besides everything that has already been written = What coach would allow his lineman to continually get beat and in the process watch his so called FQB take a beating and NOT leave a TE in to help the lineman out ? Who would continue to go 4 and 5 wide not having his TE in tight helping out ? Answer = Adam Gase #heisnogenius

ColoradoContrails, stinkyB and Noam like this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The absolute worst head coach I have ever seen and it’s not even close. Luckily this is the guy we chose to handle our 22 year old franchise QB. I guess watching him dismantle and ruin a team for three years wasnt enough for the Johnsons (and some other johnsons on this site).

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's starting to look like the Dolphins strategy to sell everything for draft picks is precisely because Gase ran the remaining talent out of town.

xfinfan86x and CBG like this.
  4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I really never thought I could miss Todd Bowles so much. We only won 4 games last year but were competitive and could have easily won 8+ games. We played hard and looked like something that somewhat resembled a football team.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

when a coach leaves a team and that team immediately goes into a full blown rebuild, tossing veterans out the door for picks and tanking… Maybe you shouldn’t hire the coach that left them in that spot…

6. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Exactly my thoughts. Bowles would get blown out by the Patriots and one other bad game but I miss complaining about him punting with under 5 minutes left in a game down by a score. At least we looked like a team. I don't think we could beat an AAFL team. Half those players were former Jets. They could make an all-star team of ex Jets and we'd lose. Hackenberg qb. Jalin Marshall wr. Lorenzo Mauldin rush end and a few others. Gase must go.

Noam likes this.
  7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who keeps refreshing Twitter to see if this assclown is gone? I can't believe I supported this guy while Darnold was out.

CotcheryFan and grkmanga31 like this.
  8. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

He needs to be fired today, but I don't think it's happening. I think if we lose to the Dolphins, he will likely be canned. I don't get the perception that an in-season fire is some sort of black mark on an organization.

Chris Johnson made a monumentally bad decision and needs to rectify it ASAP. That means firing Gase and holding a press conference where he admits that he takes 100% of the blame for hiring Gase.

If gase stays, we may be picking #1 overall

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Shit - if that means we get Chade Young then I’m in.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You know how happy it'd make Gregg Williams to see Gase get fired, take over the time and win 4 of 5. I could honestly see him saying Gase sucks to the media.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  11. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Big problem is that Joe Douglas is friends with Gase. I wonder if Chris Johnson has the IQ to make an executive decision and say I hired him so I'll fire him and save Douglas by doing right now what he'll end up putting off or not doing at all

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Kinda hoping for a Ryan-Gillbride-esque punch in the face on TV.....

13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

listening to benigno have a meltdown this morning on the fan......good stuff and mostly true.

CBG and stinkyB like this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If Douglas cares more about his friendship with Gase than what's good for the team, he should be fired too.

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

We're approaching the Kotite 2.0 era.... fire an underachieving defensive minded guy and replace him with an "offensive mind" that just came off a failed job coaching another team......

Fortunately for me, I was trying to wrap up a double major in college at the time and worked on the weekends, so I hardly witnessed much of that debacle (and games werent as widespread across the country like they are now)

xfinfan86x and CBG like this.
  16. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Earlier this season, I had stated Gase was a slight upgrade over Bowles as coach, I was really wrong. Although we put up quite a few stinkers under Bowles, we rarely looked the way we do every sunday under Gase.

Chris Johnson needs to pull the plug on Gase. It's over and letting Gase coach out the rest of the season could result in Darnold becoming a bust

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. mute

mute Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

stinkyB likes this.
  18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Is Gase still here? Asking for a friend.

19. BroadwayAaron

Yea... LeBron James and Dwyane Wade love David Fizdale, how's that working out for the Knicks?

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

DW it is better to see the light late then never at all,,,,yes I have checked twitter a few times

dawinner127 likes this.