Sh*t Show.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rscherwin, Oct 27, 2019.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly

2. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Based on their reporting structure Gase has the same ability to get in the owner's ear and recommend Douglas' firing.

In reality, there's NO WAY that's happening because JD has a 6 year contract, but I wouldn't trust Gase for a second not to throw JD under the bus to save his sorry ass. I've said it many times, hiring AG immediately after his Miami firing was a colossal mistake. He is the type of guy that needed to be humbled before he ever got the chance to be a HC in the NFL again. Go back to college or OC in the NFL and prove he deserved a chance to be a HC. I hated the fact he was being brought in for an interview, hated even more when he was hired - nothing I have seen proves me wrong...

rscherwin likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Remember when all we needed was an edge rusher ? Then we actually had people trying to sell that "we don't need an edge rusher as the jets Interior linemen will collapse the pocket on Brady " :rolleyes:

JetsUK and Acad23 like this.
  4. rscherwin

rscherwin Well-Known Member

It's crazy. It starts at the top. Only reason for hope is Douglass came in and not only saw problems that Macagnan did not see, but he made (stretch) moves to fix it when there was nothing else available to do. Let's hope he doesn't have blind loyalty to Gase.

5. rscherwin

Could not agree more. And the Johnson's just don't get it. What's maddening is their big mistake is something that you should know in the pharma space. When you choose a leader, you let that leader choose their team. Their org structures between GM and HC mean that true accountability does not exist. Which means that the Johnson's are accountable, and only the fan base and revenues will be heard by them.

thankyourevis likes this.
  6. rscherwin

We live in Atlanta. Imagine going to school and having to defend your Jet jersey.

sackexchange likes this.
  7. rscherwin

Thanks. What's fun is he's revitalized my dad's hopes for this team to win one. Dual edge sword - watching a game with a curious 9 year old is incredible. Driving back from Jax with a 9 year old who just realized he's rooting for losers is the opposite of incredible. Be happy that you get to spend QT with your little ladies on things that are more real, versus bringing them into Woody's world.

8. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

This post reminded me of a post I made back in 2014 after Geno's back to back to back interception game against the Bills. My son was a Brady-hating Jets fan since he was 6. He is 12 now and although he is still a jets fan, he is tired of getting let down every week, and doesn't even want to go to football games anymore. He's lost the enthusiasm he had early on for the NFL. Its sad, because it was awesome talking football with him when he was younger. The NYJ has completely ruined football in my house. I honestly hate this team for it, but maybe, if he is lucky, my kid will be disappointed so much by this trash organization, that he will jump the bandwagon and follow a real NFL team.

Anyway, here is my 2014 post... its pathetic that nothing has really changed since then. I could have written this last week and it would have fit the current situation.

stinkyB and rscherwin like this.
  9. rscherwin

Thanks for sharing. Hope your son knows that it's just a game. While my brain knows it and I tell it to my son, it's hard to hide the obvious emotion that the game brings out 3 hours a week

stinkyB likes this.
  10. jetsknicks1

jetsknicks1 Member

We’ve been waiting a decade for that pocket to collapse.

Gotham Green, stinkyB and CBG like this.
  11. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

That would be an awkward conversation, "Hey buddy the owner told me to get rid of your ass, I tried to change his mind but he wasn't having it sorry"

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He can't fire him because Gase doesn't report to him..the second time the asshole johnson brothers screwed it up.

Cman68 likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If they do, I won't care. I'm sick of drafting DTs. I had just about rather the Jets just forfeit their 1st round pick than take yet another DT. Damn the 3-4 D alignment! I hate it!

#33 NCJetsfan, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I want to pull my toenails out when I watch the Jets on TV....

I couldn't sit there at Met Life and watch the shitshow live.

It would take too much out of me... :(

15. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

The Jets are statistically one of the worst teams in NFL history... and yet the Falcons are worse.

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The last thing I need to hear about is us forfeiting our 1st rounder. Because we aren't out of the woods with Osemele yet...