Sh*t Show.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rscherwin, Oct 27, 2019.

1. rscherwin

rscherwin Well-Known Member

Just got back from Jacksonville. Appreciate this board and the opportunity to blow off steam. Few thoughts:

1) My 9 year old son's first game. I feel horrible for what I've done to him. Gave him a chance to root for the Falcons on the drive home. Poor kid said no because he's already chosen the Jets.

2) It's time to manufacture a reason to put Darnold and Bell on IR. That OL can't even handle a 4 man rush. Macagnan left us with a disaster - the injuries make it a nightmare. Darnold made the right decisions today: his high risk passes gave us more of a chance to win than taking sacks on every play. No one would do well with that OL. And Bell needs to be preserved. Most dynamic offensive talent we've had - who's being wasted. If you put Darnold on those Sanchez teams, then we'd have a ring. Darnold is learning bad habits in having to play with this sh*t OL.

3) Macagnan and Idzik should be tarred and feathered. What a disaster they've created with our past seven drafts.

4) On the topic of drafts, Josh Allen clearly showed us that we made yet another mistake in Quinnen. How many years are we going to take run stuffing hybrid DE/DTs? Wilkerson, Richardson, Williams, Williams. Quinnen was absolutely invisible today, and has been for the entire season, barring that one 4th down stop against the Cowboys.

5) Macagnan's best player available strategy. A complete crock. Macagnan's strategy was take the safest available player in the first round, and then shoot for the moon on longshots after that. While ignoring OL.

6) F Charlie Casserly for recommending Macagnan. And F the Johnson's for running this as a lifestyle business and not having learned a darned thing since they inherited this carcass of a franchise. The Johnsons' are just as crappy as Dolan.

7) And while we're at it, F Gase. Maybe he should have whispered MAX PROTECT to Darnold. Perhaps instead of running 4 and 5 wide with our TE lined up outside, he should have brought in more blockers, when our franchise QB was running for his life. Douglass needs to whisper "you're fired" to this fraud of an offensive genius. F Peyton Manning for recommending him and for turning down Parcells 20 years ago too.

8) And F the football gods. The rash of injuries has been just cruel. OL - our obvious weakness is ravaged by injuries. Mono? THREE Inside LB injuries. THREE??? And our best pass rushing DE too? Not to mention our top CB who's been injured since we overpaid him.

9) While we're at it, F the entire Osmele situation. Can't blame him for wanting surgery - and not risking himself once the season's gone in the tank. Can't imagine too many Free Agents wanting to play for us after we've decided to attack players who follow doctors orders.

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Glad you and the kid got home safely PS THIS is an excellent post !!! Take a bow

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Sorry your kid had to endure that. Great post. You hit the nail in the head.

4. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

we all know the definition of crazy right ... this team is exhibit A doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

rscherwin, kevda5n9ne and NYJetsO12 like this.
  5. Jetsfansince95

I've decided that ain't no chance in hell I'm raising my 2 year old to be a Jets fan

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You forgot Quinton Coples... 5 in 9 years across three different GM's...

7. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

The thing that will be funny

they will pass on the next Warren Sapp or Aaron
    Donald for a bust edge guy

mark my words

8. Jetsfansince95

I'm so so sick and tired of this team and the NFL the game might not be rigged but man oh man does it feel that way ... so many BS flags make the games un watchable I rather watch commercials ... its amazing how a 6th rounder outplayed our "franchise QB" such BS this is the place where stars come to burn out its seriously amazing.

Meanwhile NE gets every call I felt bad for the Browns I mean the guy taps the DB and gets called for offensive PI
    Brady tosses a ball into the stands NO FLAG seriously !?! come on WTF

rscherwin and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  9. Jetsfansince95

they spent so much money on a guy who lost his edge and another who can't stay on the field then we have tru who needs to be shot

10. Jetsfansince95

look at SF they drafted well for a few years got their FQB and are unstoppable ... yet I'm somehow convinced if we had any of their guys they would stink

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Love Title of your Post..

Take the little 9 year old on a trip to Kansas City Stadium ...he might start to like the color Red ,,save him from a lifetime of sports agita

CBG likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing today. Moreso about Sam than Bell. But is there a way we can IR Sam legitimately. He's getting beat up. Sprained thumb, losing his toe nail, lingering effects of mono. Shut the poor kid down and live to fight next year. We're going to struggle to protect him all year with this C squad.

rscherwin likes this.
  13. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

The game is not rigged. It takes excellence at three levels to have a great franchise and then all the bounces will begin to go our way. Great owner, great head coach/Gm, and a Great qb. When was the last time we had two of these things? We get close to one here and there but never really two and certainly not three. We can’t compete year to year until that happens. Winning at football isn’t blind luck. It’s building a winning culture from top to bottom but that takes excellence throughout the building which sadly we just don’t have.

rscherwin likes this.
  14. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

agree

I know it “seems” very rigged but it’s not back room deals... these zebras suck but they are not flat out crooked (at least I hope)

Brady and company have been so great for so long the refs are not cheating but mesmerized and as such do give them a lot of calls and swallow the whistle on many holding and illegal picks.

these guys grew up on Brady after all.

but

these calls are EARNED from respect and winning. And they would win either way (for the most part)

I say BE great for a decade and the same will happen to the jets.

Or be shit for 50 years and complain about calls.

these refs know where their bread is buttered

#14 Longsuffering88, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    rscherwin and thankyourevis like this.
  15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Remember when all we needed was a place kicker?

Good times... :confused:

HomeoftheJets, Cman68, CBG and 2 others like this.
  16. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I do, but I also remember when all we needed was a punter! We threw a bag of cash at Tom Tupa and thought we were going to the Super Bowl...

17. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Bellicheck strongest part of the team, the oline, give Tommy Two-tones forever to throw and he will kill you, Sam could do the same but he doesn't even have time to setup, yet alone go thru his progressions and lev bell hasn't a crack of daylight to run thru, he gets hit by 3 guys as soon as he gets the ball

rscherwin likes this.
  18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

no chance.

they will pass on him for a bust CB.

rscherwin likes this.
  19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Why the hell would you offer him the opportunity to be a Falcons fan? A team just as bad as the Jets. At least give him an opportunity to be a fan of a good team?

rscherwin likes this.
  20. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Best post I've read in a while. My sincere hope is that your kid gets to see the Jets become a SB contender someday. Something that the rest of us might not given the current ownership. My kids are both girls and don't follow sports and as much as I miss having someone to watch games with - it's probably for the best.

rscherwin likes this.