Possibly Trading Robby Anderson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Does anyone here worry about this being like a Quincy Enunwa signing? Robby is certainly more talented than Q, but he has an injury history and the guy is just too thin to make me feel comfortable rewarding him with a long term contract because of durability concerns. Another argument I am seeing on here is we can't trade our talent, but guys...we're 1-5 right now. What talent is really carrying us to wins? If we could get a 2nd rounder or a 3rd and another pick for him, I would rather put my trust in Douglas finding better or equivalent talent in the offseason.

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

They drafted a WR in the 2nd round this year who is already better than Robbie.

firepower was not the chiefs problem last year, d was. They actually have more fire power this year and less OL.

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He has missed two games with injury, two, how is this an injury history, he got his ankle trodden on from behind running down the sideline and if memory serves it looked like it was trodden on on purpose.

Absolutely nothing to do with his body shape in the slightest.

This is the kind of shit statement that doesn't help the people who don't rate Robby, don't rate him fine enough that is your opinion but why make up lies to then try and support your wanting him out or for giving him a long term contract.

#243 K'OB, Oct 27, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    Mogriffjr and Mr mittens like this.
  4. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I think trading robbie is a bad decision. He gives the Jets someone who can take the top off defenses.

If you're trying to build a prolific offense you need that. All the offensive line in the world is great but you need both.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

are you committed to signing him long term after the season though?

6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I would be actually. Who's out there that's gonna be an upgrade?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

K'OB likes this.
  7. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

The Jets should only resigned him to a team friendly deal. If not, wish him luck as a free agent. Draft a wr because it is more cost effective and the money can go to other needs.

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

That idea doesnt sound 2insane to me

Brook! and 2insane like this.
  9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Sign him up then have him + Crowder, Herndon and whoever you draft from this upcoming WR class (a real good one) as your immediate future.

NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  10. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

Jesus fucking Christ......you’re all over the place. Yes we al get we need an o-line upgrade, and if we come away with a bunch of quality staring o-line, it would be a win. Who the fuck would argue with that. But what the do you think we’d actually get for Robby? And what’s the probability you think that the pick would turn into a starting caliber player? Not worth trading one for peanuts. Don’t include 3 o-lineman in your argument of trading Robby, maybe his trade would net one of them. And bringing Brick and Mangold into this argument is just stupid, one was the 4th overall and the other a steal at 30th. This conversation was about trading Robby, and the pick coming back wouldn’t be even near the first round.

Jesus fucking Christ

11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

He was the cause of 2 Darnold picks today by not coming back to the damn ball. If any team offered us a 2 or 3 for this clown you take it and run.

GQMartin likes this.
  12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Definitely 1 not sure in the last one. Might have just been behind him and good coverage

13. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Utter shite, I'm sorry but that first throw from Sam was way to the side of Robby and the damned CB, unless Robby had arms like an octopus he wasn't getting that one, already can't remember the other in this shit show from the team as a whole.

Going to go and find it now.

EDIT
    Powderpuff throw well short, yes you could say he could have come back for it, he did look like he was waiting for it to arrive but really, it is all about the shit weak throw from Darnold.

Another shit week.

#253 K'OB, Oct 27, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    Brook! likes this.
  14. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

Anderson never seems to go all out for balls. Quite a few times he seemed like he could of tried to dive for a ball that it’s was close and he never goes to the ground. He’s a 2 maybe a 3 at best.we need someone who can run catch and run a good route tree. And he can’t block a piece of paper with that 165 pound frame. We need the picks for o line. Leo has been a average player too. He isn’t worth the money either.

15. Jesus

Jesus Active Member

I can’t help here pal.

16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

none of them. those were balls sam needs to throw into the stands

17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The first pick was absolutely preventable. Robby inexplicably dropped down and gave up on the route. I'm really over this guy. He's a nice vertical threat for sure but we're going to have to overpay him if we want to keep him and I'm not sure I want to keep him at the price he's going to command. If we can get a 3, do it ASAP.

18. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

The laziness and lack of fight displayed by him on that first Darnold interception was gross. IMO, Robby is good, but he's not irreplaceable. There are few players on the jets roster I would consider untouchable at this point, I would part with Robby for a conditional 3rd round pick that can turn into a 2nd round pick.

BrowningNagle and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. If Jets don't get a lot back out of Robby, that means Robby isn't that good to begin with.
    2. After yesterday's performance, Jets would be extremely lucky if they do get a low 3rd out of him.
    3. Personally, I think Jets would do better - a lot better actually - with Herndon/Griffin/Thomas/Crowder. Griffin is emerging to be a nice safety blanket Sam needed. With Herndon and Griffin in the play Jets offense should have a lot more flexibility.
    4. Last, but not the least; he is a UFA after this season anyway, and I am against overpaying him.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he never, NEVER comes back for the football. its very rare to see a professional wide receiver like that. usually that stuff is coached out of players at the lower levels.