Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I don’t see how Douglas is qualified to define an organizational identity.
    Even tho I do really like him, his background is a scout. Most GMs for that matter are scouts or administrators, and are first time GMs upon being hired.
    This is where we keep getting into trouble.

To your earlier point the Johnson’s are hopeless.
    We need a POFO or strategic committee to run this team.

2. xfinfan86x

xfinfan86x New Member

"You call him Offensive Guru doll"

[​IMG]

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

4. xfinfan86x

xfinfan86x New Member

Ryan Tannehill wasnt that bad of a QB. His touch passes arent great and his pocket presence sucks, he cant avoid of sense sacks well. But hes tough and he can sling it. Gase won with him because of his ability to not get rattled from getting sacked and Tannehills ability to fire the ball. So his short pass calling offense would somewhat work. But still... Tannehill and the dolphins could of been alot better with a better coach.

cmcm750203 likes this.
  5. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

But I’ve been told over and over that the reason gase’s offense underwhelmed in Miami was because of qb and with darnold he would flourish.

6. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

I've seen enough of this shitshow.

When Sam went down with mono I thought patience was the key - let's see Gase's offense with Sam running it. It's clear now that Gase is in over his head. He might be a decent OC somewhere else, but he is not head coach material.

The talent was upgraded in the off-season, Sam finished out last year on a roll, and now the entire team has regressed. They look woefully unprepared week after week and no answers are coming.

The worst part is Sam looks like a deer in the headlights and is going to be destroyed physically, mentally, and emotionally by an inept head coach who can't figure out how to protect his greatest asset. We're looking at David Carr 2.0 if this continues.

Turn the team over to Williams and let's ride out the rest of the season. At least the post-game interviews will be interesting.

7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Sums it up perfect..yep. But don't hold your breath waiting for anything to happen soon

Maybe now that they are recalling j and J Baby Powder along with their other shady drugs pushed by the Big J & J Company they will be overwhelmed with Lawsuits

Johnson boys would have to liquidate Jets to pay for lawyers and fines ahahaha...i guess I could dream? right?

But Your Post, Trainer is just a scary nightmare unfolding for SD...but the kid cant have a hissy fit like Gase wanting Mac gone

The players and Vets have to start my going to Douglas and complaining imo...then he can send the message to Chris and Woody they have have to put Thanksgiving and Xmas plans on hold

dawinner127 likes this.
  8. xfinfan86x

xfinfan86x New Member

;)

Peyton Manning with his horrible acting skills. Needs to make one of those stupid commercials that he always makes... starring Adam Gase. And its gotta have Papa Johns endorsement where he recommends Gase as Head coach of Offense of pizza delivery drivers. And the catch is... Peyton didnt think he was recommending him for head coach of Jets cause ya know... thats his dumbass humor... and as the commercial ends Peyton is reading this forum and says to himself "Oops" with a stupid look on his face... and says "Better pizza. Better ingredients. Better coach" It can be shown during the Superbowl primetime commercial slot.

cmcm750203 likes this.
  9. xfinfan86x

xfinfan86x New Member

10. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

How's that going for you idiot in Chief?

11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If 1-6 is winning games, I'd hate to find out what losing games would look like.

Brook! likes this.
  12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

0-7

K'OB, Brook! and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Gase tried to fix the o-line in Miami and Tannyhill looked like Sam . He got rid of Pouncey,and was constantly bringing in new parts. It never worked. The best example of how clueless Gase was ,was when asked about the highest paid o-line coach in the NFL at that time doing Coke on the job. Gase said he was a hard worker usually at the stadium at 4 am

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Pepperoni and extra cheese?

NYJetsO12 and xfinfan86x like this.
  15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

That job belongs to none other than Chris Johnson, Football Savant.

BacktoQueens and cmcm750203 like this.
  16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

There's our answer.

Coke up the coaching staff!!!

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Gase is probably coked up already.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

I wanted McCarthy I was willing to see what gace could do. he’s got to go!! we are constantly out coached by other teams for the past 10+ yrs. the o line coach should be fired. I’m 50 been watching the jets my whole life and I’ve. Never seen a o line this bad.

19. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Another Gase QB in Miami is not looking too bad tonight in Matt Moore

20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

When Siemian went out the Jets no longer had an NFL caliber backup. Not finding one at that time is conceding every ensuing game in which your quarterback has a chance of being injured or removed for another reason. (That is every single one of them.) The same is true of the OL, CBs, DL and coaching. A team does not pick their battles by waving a white flag in any of them. They must strive to improve every quarter of every game or they become complacent losers.

I certainly never had any fantasies that the Jets would be a playoff team this year and shook my head at those forecasting such a thing; I have no idea where you're coming from with that line of thought.

Of course the goal is to win the Super Bowl but being in the playoffs is a necessary step in that direction and a stepping off point for the following season. Your comment that I'm looking for immediate gratification is laughable; I'm looking for a team that attempts to win every game and shows progress even if they lose every one of them. A winning attitude is not developed by laying down whether by the players, the coaches or the GM. If you're okay with such a thing I don't believe you'll find many fans who agree.

Brook! likes this.