Possibly Trading Robby Anderson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Oct 22, 2019.

1. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

We aren't screwed considering we've lived without a solid QB since Pennington. We haven't had a FQB since, Namath.

You go back to the well till you get it right and you don't hold onto potential and hope that would further set us back.

Yes, it's too soon to call it but the rest of the season should tell us more, unfortunately it's even harder to gauge with Darnold because this line is above average ass and the HC is trash.

If Douglas is as good as advertised, a third and fourth should be extremely valuable. It is for all the good teams in the league. At some point, maybe, we should start valuing those mid round picks a little more.

I understand our asshole team has caused a certain level of numb acceptability but with a good FO, those picks are worth more than people realize.

Robby has good chemistry with, Darnold? Are we watching the same games? So the two plays between the two, in one game, makes you think these two have chemistry?

I think Anderson has let Darnold down more times than not. They aren't lighting the league on fire, not even close. This offense has had 4 games this year under 200 yards total offense, I mean, losing him isn't going to matter that much anyway if we are amongst the worst in the league in all the major offensive categories anyway.

So.... Why care? I don't get that more.

As for your Dolphins argument.
    Building blocks? Huh?
    I don't think you understand how a rebuild works, supposed to work anyway.
    You blow everything up, wash your hands of the past, and move on, fresh.
    If you look at the guys they moved, it makes sense to me.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I get he's our deep threat, but a deep threat needs a deep o-line to give the WR time to get downfield.

This MIGHT happen maybe 3 more times the rest of the season.

Trade him.

Patriot likes this.
  3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I agree with everything except that he’s easily replaced. He’s really good at his one trick. There are lots of fast guys and few very good at tracking the ball. There are not too many that can do both. He might just get you a 2nd from a desperate team.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  4. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I believe his contract this year is for 3 million and he is an unrestricted free agent next year.

If you feel he is not going to sign or is not the future for Sam, by all means, get rid of him. The fact that the Patriots put their best CB on him tells me he is a player.

Personally I am a big advocate of a two Tight End Offense and WRs that can block especially for the Jets who have had trouble blocking this year. Late in the year when the weather gets bad in the Meadowlands, this type of offense has an advantage.

FJF likes this.
  5. Patriot

Excellent point!

Footballgod214 likes this.
  6. Patriot

Note Sanu is more like a 3rd round draft pick because the Pats will be at the end of the 2nd round.

7. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

The same logic should really be applied to any picks the Jets get for Robby if they trade him. No one other than a contender will want him. Therefore you are probably looking at a pick towards the bottom of whatever round you get in return. Now can you replace RA with a 3rd round pick that's virtually a 4th? If you think he's no better than a #6 depth receiver as some do then that's probably a yes. If you think he's a solid #2 or 3 guy then its probably no.

NCJetsfan and K'OB like this.
  8. Mr mittens

Mr mittens Active Member

Only way I would trade Robby, it would have to be for a 2nd and the gm would also have to trade another team for a better wr. Why trade Robby if you have no one to replace him. Sam needs all the weapons he can get.we already need to replace ol.why set yourself up to need another wr. We already lost QE now we’re trading Robby? Nope can’t do it.unless he getting someone better.

K'OB likes this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The thing is that NFL franchises do find #2 and #3 receivers in those spots in the draft. We just haven't. I mean if you get a second for Leo and a third for Robbie Anderson you can really transform the future of your franchise next year.

1 - OT
    2 - WR
    2 - C
    3 - CB
    3 - WR

Chris Godwin went 84th overall in 2017. Kenny Golladay 96th in 2017. Dede Westbrook 110th in 2017. Tyreek Hill went 165th in 2016. Tyler Lockett 69th in 2015. You get the point.

For everyone of these guys there's a Jaelon Strong or Sammie Coates and I get that. But there's hope in the draft. Especially trading Anderson when I doubt he resigns here. And I wouldn't give him $10-$13 million anyway that'll burn a quarter of our cap space.

ouchy likes this.
  10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Yes I would say they’ve had pretty good chemistry. Since Darnold came back from his injury last year. So we must be watching different games.

4 76 1 TD
    7 96 1 TD
    9 140 1 TD
    3 24 0 (Pats)
    3 23 0 (mono)
    5 125 1 TD
    1 10 0 (Pats)

They’re not tearing up the league consistently but outside of the Pats who shut down every offense and Sams mono game they’ve done pretty well.

As for the Dolphins, I don’t care enough about them to continue but a rebuild does not have to mean getting rid of all 53 to bring in a new 53. Doesn’t make sense to trade away young elite talent to hope they can bring in young elite talent.

BacktoQueens and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Are you sure you don't? What the Dolphins are doing has realistically never been done. Not to this extreme. It's presumptuous to say it will not work.

12. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

you do realize that Joe Douglas and this regime has had ZERO drafts and that all previous Jets drafts, although largely abysmal as you say, have ZERO correlation to how JD and co. will fare, right?

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

What is Robbie's value? The Jets are not playoff contenders and he's not signed beyond this year. He's got a lot of incentive to play really well.

Here's where he stakes up this year statistically against the rest of the league:

101 in receptions
    68 in targets
    180 in catch percentage
    72 in total yards
    102 in TD's
    73 in yards per game
    91 in yards per target

On a good team that needs a deep threat he's likely a situational WR. Apparently based on some rumors the Eagles offered a 4 last year. He was worth more last year because he was signed and cheap for this year. I really don't think we're going to get more than a 5 for him if that and that's from a good team that's likely drafting late. If he signs somewhere else we might get a comp pick that's just as good?

Since were trying to develop Sam and Robbie has very little trade value and is in a salary drive with a huge incentive to produce regardless of how shitty the team is, it's probably worth keeping him knowing that he's likely to be a very cheap FA and if we want to resign him it's not going to cost much.

ouchy likes this.
  14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

ya, thanks. Sad really. But true. If we don't have an o-line giving the qb/wr time to establish deep routes, or even intermediate routes, than what's the point of keeping Robbie (this season, anyhow).

running game and short, crossing routes is where our offense will be operating this season. maybe trade robbie for a fullback lol

Patriot likes this.
  15. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Listen, I get the logic and reasoning, and maybe its the right thing to do in the pig picture, but speed kills and 4.2 / 4.3 speed is not so easy to come by.....

When the oline gives Sam enough time for Robby to get down field, nobody can cover him, and Sam has the arm and accuracy to hit him. His route running is a lot better than a year ago as well. I'll give you that he isn't tough, but with that speed he doesn't need to be most of the time. I have mixed emotions about trading him away unless we get a great return on the deal......which we NEVER do.

16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

17. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

A organization that does things @ss backwards.

No one wants the players they're paying a gazillion dollars too because they suck (Johnson, Williams) or because they're 'injured' (Enunwa, Osemele) or seemingly milking a injury (Mosley) so what's their solution? Trade away a young player the previous regime here developed as a undrafted free agent, worked his way to the top of the depth chart, who has shown from the very first preseason game he played in through regular season games the ability to take the top off a defense, a player that hold REAL value, just because Gase is too frickin' stupid to get him involved in his gameplans.

This organization is so lost right now with no light at the end of the tunnel.

18. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

J.D. is nothing more than a Gase yes man. JMO

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I don’t trust the Raiders to be above board with any transaction. The Osemele trade was sheer BS and they most certainly knew Osemele real condition.

20. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

I believe he is worth more than a 4th round pick as there are multiple teams looking for WR help. I think we can get a 3rd rounder for him.