I'm Seeing Ghosts

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Oct 22, 2019.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

He's a product of the system.
    The most overrated QB in the history of the league because of who he plays for.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  2. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

It's been very long since there has been a loss where on Thursday of that week I still get nauseous about it.

Maybe its because I lost all hope, and going into it my hope was at an all time high. When you take that big of a fall, it hurts. Its like the big drop on a rollercoaster.

3. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

This is weird since I am not a big supporter of Gase. Like I have said earlier, I think Greg Williams was a better choice. If you think he was a poor choice then who should have the Jets hired? I hope you don't bring up someone better than McCarthy. If he is so great why hasn't anyone else hired him? Also make sure to bring someone up who would have taken the job also.

4. Patriot

Look when hiring a coach with experience you rarely ever get a coach with a winning record because they normally don't tend to get fired. So the Parcells type coaches are not really out there.

Can I use Kyle Shanahan who is somewhat of a successful coach for the 49ers. His resume did not look so good after being fired from the Redskins.

As to BB comments, over the years when complementing players or coaches goes, he tends to be sincere in his praises. For example this week he was praising Myles Garrett as the best pass rusher he will see. Would you say this is BS? The guy has how many sacks this year?

5. Patriot

The skills Brady has as a QB is not really flashy and somewhat boring. For example here are his basic skills.

1.) Excellent pocket presence, can move very little and avoid contact.
    2.) Excellent footwork and mechanics.
    3.) Analyzes the situation quickly and will make the necessary blocking and play-calling adjustments. Literally a coach on the field.
    4.) Number 3 and his quick release allow him to get the ball out quickly, usually under 2.5 seconds.
    5.) Not afraid to throw the ball away if the play isn't there.
    6.) Not a great runner but can get you that short-yardage when necessary since he knows how to dive into a pile.
    7.) Not the greatest arm but has the ability to throw a decent ball in bad weather.
    8.) Many of his throws which appear low are done purposely to help protect the receivers from being killed.
    9.) Can quickly detect the open man with the best of them.
    10.) Excellent at hiding the ball during play-action passes.

None of the attributes I mentioned appear to athletic other than 1 and 2 maybe. When he does retire or can't play anymore, the Pats Dynasty will probably be over.

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You can't justify hiring someone simply because you can't imagine anyone who is better; that is just misdirection. Especially when the guy you're trying to justify has a clear record as a loser. Gase has no accomplishments to show for his time in the NFL.

Before I make my selection please remit four million dollars, the going rate for mediocrity in NFL general managers. Oh, yeah, and show us which coaches would not have taken the job.

The more you respond here the more convinced I am that your "dual-fan" story is simply BS and you're quite happy to see the Jets fail.

7. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Look, I get this opinion, and to a degree I agree. But how many coaches have come out of Bellichick's tree and how many have been able to replicate anything like the same success with other QBs? Those guys must know the same system, if it is just an unbelievably effective system they should be able to get close to the same success. If it is a system thing it is a system that he just has the ideal skill set for. I detest the guy, I really do, but he is great at the things that make that O tick.

8. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I'M pretty sure Belichick is the key to NE success, not so much Brady. Brady has been down before and NE didn't miss a beat. NE will be NE until Belichick hangs it up.

Not that Brady isn't a top flight QB, he is.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Brady best characteristic besides all you mentioned is he's confidence and mental capacity to literally break defenses down when he walks up to the LOS. We actually have threads about not deferring not taking a 10 or 15 yard penalty on third and long because of Tom Brady.

The reality is Brady sees what Defenses are doing and both the D and his O along with both teams fans instinctively know that he will break the D down before the ball is even snapped.

He literally lifts his team and deflates the opposition before the ball is snapped. The guy is crazy good and he has an aura around him that the truly great athletes have. It creates confidence in his teammates and doubt in the opposition.

The idea that he is great because of the system is one of the most ridiculous arguments I have ever heard. Brady is the system. I despise him but to argue he isn't one of if not the greatest QB in NFL history is absurd.

Patriot likes this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Let me know when we're done sucking Brady's dick... :confused:

K'OB likes this.
  11. Patriot

Granted he has some athletic skills or he would not be in the NFL. The only QB in recent times with similar mental skills was Peyton Manning. But, unfortunately for Manning, his body quit on him. Peyton Manning had a father who was an NFL QB (Archie) so it is understandable why he developed the mental skills for the position. Why his brother Eli never did is disappointing indeed. Even though Peyton is the best of the Manning QBs, I believe Archie was the most talented and suffered dearly playing for a Saints organization that almost got him killed.

From what I can tell Greg Harden was a major influence on Brady when he was in Michigan. He is probably the one responsible for creating the relentless confident personality of Brady. A personality that is never satisfied, doesn't believe in excuses and has the confidence to believe they can always be better. That mental drive and tenacity now put into a wealth of football knowledge known as the Belichick coaching staff created the QB monster you see today. I truly believe what sets Brady and Manning apart is the amount of effort they have put into their craft in film study as an example. Had Peyton Manning been able to have played for Belichick I truly believe he would have just as many SBs. I think there is a valuable life lesson here that the mind can sometimes be the best attribute for an athlete. So my point is what makes Brady the GOAT is his mind. The same skill also made Peyton Manning a great QB.

In the meantime, the Jets should consider hiring Greg Harden ASAP!

12. Swe-Jet

Swe-Jet Member

I think Darnold will bounce back from this.

One thing that could be said about Darnold is when he's had a bad game or bad performance he usually comes back strong. I think this is something that sparks him.
    Remember the first game of his career, throws a pick 6 on his first NFL play and you could see the whole crowd thinking; Why the hell did we pick this guy???
    Then he comes back, plays flawless and wins the game. Through the first nine game of last year all people were talking about was how he lead the leauge in interceptions.
    Then he gets injured, comes back and only throws one more INT through the four last games. I think Darnold will be fine, he just needs to figure out a way to not let these ghosts get the best of him.

Hopefully the "I'm seeing ghosts" comment will not stick with us as long as the butt fumble...

13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

To be honest I only got through about the first 3 or 4 pages of this thread.

1) I don't get Gase being upset that Sam's ghost comment aired. To me, it seemed perfectly fitting and described the game perfectly. That wasn't on Sam, that was on Gase who had no answers and didn't have his team prepared. Maybe that's why Gase was so pissed off?

2) Hats off to Belichick. He's running the same Rex Ryan zero coverage m2m defense that we LOVED in '09/'10. Rex had Revis which led to the 'Band of Lunatics' wandering about the LOS just before the hike. QBs had NO CLUE what was coming on any down. "I'm seeing ghosts" was most likely uttered by a ton of QBs during that era.

As far as the Pats and the rest of the season, don't forget 2010. Just weeks after the Pats humiliated the Jets on national TV at home 45-3, we beat them in NE during the playoffs. Just sayin...

Acad23 likes this.
  14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Did you see the thread about deferring. Talk about sucking Brady's dick.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Can't wait!

But we'll most likely have to...

Footballgod214 likes this.
  16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I always thought Kurt Warner was as good at pre-snap reads as Manning, maybe better. When he wasn't limited by a terrible thumb injury he was every bit as good as Payton.