2019 NFL Week 8: New York Jets @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 6-10 once again, Oct 23, 2019.

1. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

He was a full participant today.

2. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

24 hour drive?? where are u driving from. gotta be the northeast. just take a cheap frontier flight.

3. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

sometimes the groin muscle (think its called the gracilis) actually "avulses" from its point of attachment on the pubis. ouch!

4. Longislandjetfan

Longislandjetfan Active Member

I’m gonna say Jags 20 Jets 10. Darnold gets sacked anywhere between 4-8 times throws a pick or 2 and loses a fumble. This is obviously bc our line is terrible and our coach is the second coming of Todd Bowles with his refusal to prepare properly or ever make an in game adjustment. Defense may keep it somewhat close but Fournette should wear down the Jets and I think scores a late td that puts the game out of reach after a turnover from Darnold.

5. mark82

mark82 Active Member

Aaaaaand now the excitement about our game kicks in again

No rhyme nor reason for it, last week is done, we move on, positive vibes only from me.

Let's get the W!!!!

Brook! and dawinner127 like this.
  6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Part of me wants to think they'll be fired up after being embarrassed on national tv (again), abused by Jags last year (I was sitting in the endzone when Jags went for unneccessary TD at end) and that Jags are missing some LBs...... but logic tells me the O-line will get abused by Ngakoue, Calais Cambell and Josh Allen...... at least dealing Ramsey eliminates the "cover zero" but Bouye is pretty good.

Weather is supposed to be 85º, humid and rain showers.....

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Not often week one is must win but this one sure is. Go Jets!

8. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

Although the Jags Defence can be a bit scary, i think Darnold will come back spooky well. Also i think Bell is due a big game where he glides past people like they aren't even there. Also after Robby Anderson is not traded he will go boo at the CB that isn't Ramsey and go for a TD and over 150 yards. Also Minshew is having nightmares about our defense taking his soul like we did with Dak, i predict an interception of Minshews spirit from Trumaine Johnson and taking it to the house. A one sided horror fest Jets 40-Jags 14, Minshew Benched. Minshew will be recorded saying he is seeing green leprechauns and i will come back with Irish puns next week. ;)

Jags 24-17 Jets (but that's no fun)

Brook! and The Dark Knight like this.
  9. tubby

tubby Active Member

Jags have a very beatable run defense. We need to get our running game going this week. Hopefully the line can hold up and get Bell some open space.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Factor this in: Jacksonville is (3-4), but look at their 3 wins: beat the Titans, Broncos, and Bengals. Lost to the Chiefs, Texans, Panthers and Saints. They are a beatable team. It looks like a (1-5) team against a (3-4) team, but it is not that simple. They are evenly matched. If it was in New York, I would be pretty sure the Jets would bounce back and win. It's a toss-up right now, but the Jets need to find a way to win.

11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Spread was Jets +3.5 or +4 in some places before Monday took place and we got smoked. I think we have a shot, but nothing surprises me with this team

CotcheryFan and The Dark Knight like this.
  12. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Can he just not play Sunday?

PabloJa, Cman68 and CBG like this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I get it that many people here "HOPE" that the Jets will win but anyone here ( that goes for Brook or anyone else ) who believes the Jets " WILL " win IMO you need a saliva test as you must be under the influence. Doug Marrone gets some more revenge on the Jets organization for snubbing and black balling him and my prediction is that the game day thread gets ugly early.

Brook!, stinkyB and Cman68 like this.
  14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This could e a good thing as this Johnson is a liability and sux

stinkyB likes this.
  15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Hoping our highest-paid corner can't play. Only the Jets. :mad:

stinkyB likes this.
  16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

You bring a fresh energy to this board my friend. I love your positive outlook. That’s what we need here :)

mark82 likes this.
  17. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I just can’t see Jags winning this one. Sorry. We got this :) Trust me folks we got this.

NYJFOREVER and The Dark Knight like this.
  18. mark82

mark82 Active Member

Ach mate, it's the best way to be. Granted I haven't been as invested in the team as much as everyone else.

However, with my soccer club, Celtic FC, I grew up through the 90's when it was a torrid time, we rarely won anything and it was torture. We came good again and we have a song with the lyrics "faithful through and through" and that's what I live by with my sports teams. Sure, you have to put up with shit, but no one person or group of people are bigger than the club, players and coaches come and go, but the team will always be there.

I don't think it translates exactly into NFL teams but that's what I'm bringing. C'monn!!

Brook! likes this.
  19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I can definitely see the Jaguars winning, but I can also see the Jets winning. Stuff Fournette, force Minshew to make plays, the Jets can win. Not having a healthy MLB may hurt. A healthy Jets roster with Mosley and Williamson, I would be sure the Jets would win. As I said earlier, right now, it is a toss up.

20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

. ..Or you can look at it from a Jags pov:
    . .- stuff Bell (behind a horrible OL)
    . .- throw the kitchen sink at Darnold every time the Jets go empty backfield a la NE
    . .- Jets missing both ILBs....inc. high-priced Mosley

The Dark Knight likes this.