Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That’s not what I saw on the tweets. Direct quotes fro panels saying he doesn’t expect gase to talk to him. It’s not his job, he has a team to coach.
    Not sure why everyone thinks the locker room and team is some sort of kindergarten where everyone hugs and talks to everybody daily.
    This is not on Gase .

2. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

This. Neither side are going to come out of this looking good and Osemele has filed a grievance. This is now purely a business transaction and not a roster issue.

I dislike Gase but I don’t blame him for this.

3. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Theres a ton of stuff to get on Gase before but this odd injury, he said-she said example is NOT one of them.

NYJFOREVER and FJF like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Totally sad and pathetic that you would equate a coach talking to one of his injured players as being "some sort of kindergarten where everyone hugs and talks to everybody daily."

Ralebird likes this.
  5. FJF

Sorry I busted your bubble. This is the real world and the nfl is a cold business.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with what Gase said. He coaches who he has available, and KO is not one of those available guys. KO has issues with the front office, not Gase, he said so himself.

Plus, this injury nonsense is going to end up in arbitration so the front office probably told Gase to just avoid contact and saying anything about it.

FJF likes this.
  7. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

He’s a petulant little fuck with crazy eyes

Joe burrow and SOJAZ like this.
  8. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Everything you said is true but... his record at Miami was 23-25, HIs last few years and here are 13-24. That is the problem. He is a poor FB coach. His teams reflect that his schemes do not work except occasionally like Dallas game... The team O has looked unprepared and inept, period.

All of us better hope that we are all wrong or Sam is going to get killed which may ruin him.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The bolded part is likely why none of them were considered: Gase ain't adjust his system for nobody - hey, if it's good enough for P. Manning, then it should be good enough for everyone, right?o_O

SOJAZ, Ralebird and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

It was a response to your claim he hasn't been in meetings for weeks. He has been. He's face to face with Gase daily.
    Gase is supposed to be a leader, your player is hurt, sitting in front of you, you ask how he's doing. Show concern as a leader.
    That's what good leaders do.
    It's not his call on whether surgery is approved but to not ask an injured player who is right in front of you how he's doing shows every other player in that room exactly what you think of them. That's on Gase....

What are you rambling on about kindergarten and hugs.

Ralebird likes this.
  11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I hated Gase's response. He should have said what any honest decent person would have said to the reporter.

He's fucking the organization and I've been told not to say a word to him. He's dead to me and the NY Jets. Any other questions ass clown. That's what George Patton would have said to him before sticking his boot up the reporters ass.

Attackett, NYJFOREVER and FJF like this.
  12. FJF

My claim was a direct tweet from beat writer Connor Hughes. Backed by the quote from osemele that he does not expect gase to talk to him , gase has a team to coach. Osemele knows where he stands as an injured player. You guys are railing on Gase for what you think he is doing to a player and that player is arguing against your claim

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If he wins, I don't care how he treats his players (within reason). But most losing HCs haave problems with the locker room sooner or later. With Gase, I'm betting it will be sooner (if it hasn't already begun).

14. FJF

Where the helm is Joe Douglas in this? He’s got Gase facing the firing squad on this and he is the one this falls on. General manager of the team makes these decisions not the coach.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  15. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

What eveidence is there of him being a solid offensive mind?Calling plays for Peyton Manning doesnt count..I could call plays for Manning tommorow if I had to.

16. TonyFtLaud

I'm railing on Gase for lack of leadership and disputing your false claims that he hasn't been at the facility, in meetings for weeks.
    Is it Gase's responsibility to talk to him?
    No. Is it what a good coach, leader would do? Absolutely.
    It's funny how every coach asked the same question has spoken to his injured player. Of course they give the same response to how they are doing, he's upbeat positive , etc. But they manage the decency to show concern.
    Not like the guy had surgery, is on IR and away from the team.

17. TonyFtLaud

George Paton is gonna make for a good GM soon...:)

18. FJF

Not my claim Connor Hughes tweet. and you are hearing gase wrong.“ We are in meetings, he is in the training room” . He saying they haven’t been in the same rooms together. Asked why he hasn’t talked to him, “ he is injured” coaches deal with who they have.
    Secondly Gase is in a tight spot here with this heading towards lawyers. He has to walk between the players and the company line.
    Third and most importantly, osemele has no problem with how it’s been between him and gase but we are supposed to be up in arms about this?
    Wins and losses matter for Gase. This does not.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I'm guessing he would have if the player in question hadn't filed a grievance against the team.

FJF likes this.
  20. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Ignoring the content, are you saying that the way he handled the press conference/questions today gave you confidence in Gase as a HC? Which part?

Someone else said it here I'm just waiting for him to end one of these with "I know you are but what am I".

He behaves like a child, and at some point he's got to lose the respect of the players because of it.