Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I'm always amazed people are in love with McCarthy but Billick actually won a SB with Trent Dilfer and put up winning seasons with Kyle Boller, Jeff Blake and Tony Banks.

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You don't think there's any correlation between Gase being the head coach and us choosing to roll with two former failed Gase backup QBs?

PabloJa, SOJAZ, K'OB and 2 others like this.
  3. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

He's got a big game this weekend. After the Patriot game, you know Jacksonville is going to send that zero blitz a whole bunch.

Hopefully the Jets can burn them once or twice on it.

ouchy likes this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

no I do, the only reason Douglas is here is because of Gase anyway

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The only reason? It has nothing to do with his career leading up until now? Come on.

6. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

say what you want..."not my job" " not here to coddle" etc etc....this narrative is getting away from him. His perspective is skewed and he doesn't recognize that while he may be a solid offensive mind (TBD) as the head coach there is more to the job than just X's and O's.

I get it's annoying but if you're going to take job and the paycheck that goes with it you can't just skip the parts you don't like.

He needs to grow up and start trying to be a head coach or get the fuck out.

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

He's doing the crazy eyes thing again under his cap.

Ralebird and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I agree with what you are saying but I think many Jet fans like myself are sick and tired of seeing us unprepared and lose. The Dolphins are trying to lose but at least they are competitive. We haven't been competitive in four out of our five losses. That's coaching. I've seen it too many times. Add in no adjustments. I get his gameplan is spread them out. Darnold was in trouble on Monday. Bring in a tight end. An extra back. Help the oline block. Continually sticks to his plan. Stubborn. He has to adapt and doesn't show it. Jet fans are fed up with it and that's why we want to see him go.

9. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I didn't even mention his offense in Miami. One of many reasons he got fired there and probably will here. Or the fact that the fans might revolt. If this team didn't have PSL's no one would be going to games.

SOJAZ likes this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

For a Coach who is likely headed down tubes that's the height of arrogance for him to behave that way...like he's a HS Principal lmao. "He wants to see me?...go to my office" oh God ..Gase should be worried the team and Sam will play like HS kids

KO got OK from another doc for Surgery..

Not saying KO is just trying to use the Jets and stay off the field before he leaves us, but not the example I would show as a HC just the same

Ralebird, SOJAZ and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Every time this guy talks I lose confidence in his abilities as a HC. This whole press conference was a joke and he sounded like a child.

I really hope the people in the building ( for some reason we don't understand ) have more respect for this guy than we do. Otherwise we're going to see a lot of games like Monday night.

bartscott, Ralebird and Noam like this.
  12. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I mean he was hired immediately after being fired. In his head, the failure in Miami obviously had nothing to do with him. Didnt have to stop to think about why he failed.

13. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

[​IMG]

14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Man, he comes across as a right cockhead, even if KO is being a piker and trying to get fixed for next year and a new team, you can't come out with the shit Gase has there, he has made himself look extremely petty and childish, the short petulant answer style and "he hasn't asked to talk to me" fucking hell it is pathetic, head down, rolling side to side in a shifty fashion.

GET OUT

15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

even osemele agrees there is no reason for gase to talk to him

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Yeah there is, it's called being a decent human being. And what's Osemele going to do, trash Gase to the media? He isn't stupid enough to say something that will hurt him in free agency this offseason.

17. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

I wonder if theres a reason that we dont just cut him now? Maybe we have to eat the money for next year if we cut him mid-season?

If there is no penalty for cutting him now, cut him, explain we had a difference of medical opinions and that we don't want to deal with the distraction any longer and we wish KO the best in his future. He can have his surgery and be healthy to find a new team next season. Everyone wins

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

His contract is guaranteed for injury. If he has the surgery they think he does not need they can’t cut him without eating next years money and losing the cap space.
    This has nothing to do with Gase. This is the f.o. And medical staff v K.O.

Red Menace likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I hope they don't have respect for him. I hope that they all quit on Gase and go to Chris Johnson and Douglas to complain. Then Chris Johnson/Douglas will have no choice but to fire Gase. I want him gone. If they respect him, they're more likely to keep him.