I’m done with this team

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin&theJETS, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If shit doesn't turn around PDQ, it will be one LAST time... Next year is the make or break year for me barring any radical changes the Ownership/FO/CS tandem might successfully make.

2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

doze ears doh

jilozzo and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  3. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

What's funny is that the Jets don't have to play a team with a current winning record until Week 15. I'll laugh if they get to the Baltimore game at 8-5 with the hype train on full blast and then lose to the Ravens, Steelers, and Bills to miss the playoffs in typical Jets fashion.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Probably better off all around. For you, you can occupy your Sundays doing something you enjoy, maybe try picking daisies.

For us, it’s one less whiney cunt we have to listen to after Jets losses.

Win Win.

5. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

All of you should read the article where Bret Fave states he saw go ghosts too... Also, the poster who questioned Sams heart really? If he had no heart dude he would have said F it , this OL sucks, this HC sucks and I am not getting killed for these incompetent fools.

6. jonnyd

It doesnt matter how many losing seasons, how many disappointments the Jets provide us fans, these " Im done" posts never get any less gay. Just don;t post anymore. There is absolutely no reason to make the "Im done" post. its fucking gay and stupid and meaningless. Thats just the way it is

#126 jonnyd, Oct 23, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    dawinner127, Acad23, mrjet80 and 5 others like this.
  7. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I would bail but i know that if I ever did (I mean really did deep down inside) then they would turn around and become great and I want to have one team in one sport I have ever followed to actually achieve something for once in my lifetime - but given I follow the Jets, Newcastle United, Sunderland AFC and England (soccer) I know that this is more than likely never going to happen

8. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

this is basically what I do now - I enjoy the sheer incompetence on some level - plus I enjoy the draft more than the season so the worse we do the better pick we get

9. mark82

mark82 Active Member

How can you follow Newcastle and Sunderland?!

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Somebody had to say it.

jonnyd and Acad23 like this.
  11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Really. What's his objective here? Close up the board? Convince us all to not root for the team any more? is it SYMPATHY? That's a laugh... As if we're all not PO'd that it happened. Well, OK, we feel sorry for him. Give him a cookie or something. As for your reply, I don't think "gay" is the best way to describe it anymore. Not that I'm offended, but society has kinda moved past using that word. How about "pathetic" or "whiny" or "babyish" or "homo" - um, no that's worse.

jonnyd likes this.
  12. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

gay = happy : )

13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

How about we just let people post - and vent - however they'd like? It is a forum after all. You don't like what someone posts, skip over it, or ignore it. It's not your reality, so why worry about it?

Or maybe you could form your own "special fan board", by invitation only, and everyone can just reinforce the same, "special board approved" posts?

14. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Being a fan is like being married, you take the good with the bad. I'm not blind to the state of this team, i'm just a true fan of the Jets. If you don't have the balls to be a fan through the bad times so be it. You talked the talk now walk the walk...it's been nice knowing you, and I hope some day the Jets will be good enough to reclaim you as one of their fans again. Peace

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

So you're saying your done with these types of posts, then?

16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I kind of agree. But that one post was just venting over venting. Its really just a typical Wednesday after a loss.

This place has gotten way better than around 2012/13 when I stopped coming so much. Back then you could have a reasonable disagreement over someones opinion and the thread would be flooded with comments about peoples moms, or memes about being on the special bus, etc. It got so bad it was like we weren't actually all fans of the same team.

jonnyd likes this.
  17. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

You take the good with the bad, but both parties should be able to grow and fix their 'bad'. The Jets are like a bad husband/wife that can't grow or learn from their negatives lol. Can't really blame people for going through a divorce.

I for one kinda became dead inside whenever the Jets turn over the ball or score a TD. I kinda learned to just be a football fan at this point, but still support the Jets and hope they develop a winning culture.

BudJet likes this.
  18. Longislandjetfan

Longislandjetfan Active Member

If you compare the Jets fandom to being married then us fans are like the battered and beaten partner that keep getting abused while hoping our spouse will change one day.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. jonnyd

yea but its so gay

20. GeshJet

GeshJet Active Member

I thought everyone knew that Joe Namath sold the soul of the Jets to the devil for the SB win. As for the OP, you'll be back.

Gase has to go.