Thank you Kirk Cousins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 16, 2019.

1. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

First I want to say not having Cousins, we were able to get Bell and Mosley today. And that we probably wouldn’t have Darnold. I agree with that.

However to say the Jets would be in worse situation today with Cousins is debatable.The draft would have certainly played oit differently and it would have been interesting what they have done with the 6th pick and 2 2nd picks. Would Mac built around Cousins? Would he have trade down the 6th pick and got more picks? What type of players would they still have for today even with still good space cap? They wouldn’t have acquire Bell AND Mosley but they could still be positioning themselves to be a interesting and effective team. They could have retrieve more offensive impact players. I don’t think they would have been successful this past seasons anyway with Cousins in his first year because the Jets has too many holes.

But yeah I prefer to be in a situation where we are today but it would have been interesting to see where we would be today with Cousins and the draft picks.

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Cousins is a big time choker...he teased the Wash Fanbase every year by losing playoff games

Yes he's a big improvement over Geno Smith and j McCown ...but Sam will do it for us..JMHO

we would hit the Playoffs year after year with Capt Kirk and then no cigar

Glad the Enterprise warped someplace else

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

This thread should be thank you, jeto because I've mentioned this several times about Cousins what an absolute disaster that would have turned into for years to come had he said yes. Now I'm going to pat myself on the back so hard I'll need a body cast because I called it!!!

Bunch of stats bunch of stats bunch of stats, bunch of stats, bunch of stats, bunch of stats, bunch of stats, bunch of stats, bunch of stats, bunch of stats, bunch of stats, bunch of stats, bunch of stats, bunch of stats, bunch of stats, bunch of stats, bunch of stats.

• Kid's gonna be great
    • YPC bunch of stats bunch of stats bunch of stats
    • I called it
    • YAC bunch of stats bunch of stats bunch of stats bunch of stats
    • Everyone thought I was crazy
    • I called it
    • Bunch of stats
    • Curtis Martin
    • Darron Lee is the next Ed Reed
    • The world is coming to an end I called it!!!
    • AMAZING thread
    • I told y'all about Jamal Adams and nobody believed me who's laughing now?
    Bunch of stats, bunch of stats, bunch of stats, bunch of stats, bunch stats, bunch of stats, bunch of stats, bunch of stats, bunch of stats, bunch of stats, bunch of stats, bunch of stats, bunch of stats, bunch of stats, bunch of stats.

Not a homer, cupcake.

4. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I hope they draft a pass rusher and NOT a defensive lineman.

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

for all the shitting on cousins his last 3 games stats are
    10TDs 1 INT, 976 yards (at least 300 in all 3), 76% completion, and 138+ QB rating for each one and now he's in the MVP discussion

6. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

And lets not forget that it wouldn't have been just Kirk Cousins. It would have been him AND Quenton Nelson and who knows what else with all those 2nd round picks. Chubb or Michel maybe.

I still like Darnold and Bell though. Just need to get them some good OL help.

7. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Oh please, Cousins could go 16-0 and it would not matter because he is a big game choker and would shit the bed in the first round. The guy cannot win under pressure to save his life

NYJetsO12 and Brook! like this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

We probably wouldn't have gotten nelson. colts probably would have taken him at 3 unless they traded back. bills might have traded up to 5 for darnold so i'm thinking chubb would have been more likely. still that wasn't the point, I love darnold, it was the more point of everyone shitting on cousins here

he was on an awful team that would have been (and are) a bottom 3 team without him

JerzeJets likes this.
  9. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

Lmao what? What body of work do you have to go on here?

I'll maybe give you the last regular season game at year against Detroit where he was less than stellar. But with the REDSKINS, when they went to the wildcard he went 29 of 46 for 326 and 3TD, with the REDSKINS. That's a pretty darn good performance for the REDSKINS.

So exactly where else has he failed in big time games?

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  10. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Jets would still suck with Cousins, who are we kidding? Cousins would be best friends with the ground since this OL is crap.

Red Menace and NYJetsO12 like this.