Jets are C-U-R-S-E-D, Cursed, Cursed, Cursed!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by VegasMav, Sep 18, 2019.

1. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

Will somebody agree with me? There is no way a team as talented as this can suck so bad. Regardless who the owner is, who the coach is, who the GM is, who the QB is, this team is cursed. I'm so frustrated with this organization that it's driving me away.

2. Id like to see competent drafting,coaching & ownership before succumbing to the super natural.

As far as i can tell the jets have been cursed by abysmal management & drafting.

sackexchange, PennyRoyal10 and ouchy like this.
  3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Our only real curse is the owners stupidity.

KurtTheJetsFan and PennyRoyal10 like this.
  4. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

LOL!
    "talented"

5. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

Please identify where there is so much talent??

6. Cant get too mad.Chris johnson said at the end of last season w MAC by his side that the jets dont have a talent problem

7. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I can see Gase getting blindsided by Douglas - same way he blindsided Mac.

8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

It might very well happen sooner than later with last night embarrassing display of game planning and execution.

9. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

What a lot of people are forgetting is that there has been a complete turnover in FO and CS since last year. So what is being asked of a young team in the middle of a rebuild is to process new leadership, new direction, new coaching. It's not like Gase inherited a veteran team here. There are bound to be slip ups and regressions like last night. What we are seeing now is the price paid for making that sweeping change. Maccagnan had a plan for rebuilding the Jets, which he sold it to the Johnsons. The Johnsons signed on because if they didn't, they would not have tolerated his "tank" season to get Darnold. Then, just as Maccagnan's plan started to take some shape, the Johnsons said "before we see if this plan can be successful, let's go with a different plan." Boom, fire the coach, fire the GM, back to square one. Full disclosure: I never liked Maccagnan's plan, however, just because I didn't like it doesn't mean it couldn't be successful. I think if you commit to a long term plan, you should at least see it through before you throw in all the cards. What we saw last night is what square one looks like.

10. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Anything is possible, but I think Gase isn't given this year and another with an off-season of JD drafting and signing FA's. Other than a few players (Adams, Bell and Mosely), this roster is almost completely bereft of high-end talent and I can't see JD pulling the plug at any point this season on the guy that basically got him the GM job. Unless and until JD feels like Gase is holding the roster back after he accumulates talent, Gase will be here.

I am NOT a Gase fan and didn't want him hired under any circumstance...

westiedog1 likes this.
  11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Now that I'm no longer in shock, I don't think the team is cursed. We simply lost because it was a complete mismatch in ever phase of the game. They are better coached and they have much better players on both sides of the ball. That's not luck or a curse. It's a competition and last night we were a club fighter going against the best in the world.

We need better players and better coaches. Luck is a doink on a FG, a tipped ball that gets picked, the immaculate reception not 33 to zip.

LAJet and westiedog1 like this.