I’m done with this team

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin&theJETS, Oct 21, 2019.

1. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

I think I'm cutting off their johnson as well[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

But unlike shooting heroin, watching the Jets doesn't even bring momentary enjoyment.

NYJetsO12, kevda5n9ne, Jets81 and 7 others like this.
  3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Its not even so much that they're bad. They've always been bad. Now they are uninteresting to boot. Bland, uninspiring uniforms. Weak, undisciplined players. Shitty coaches. Crappy stadium. Impatient, whiny fans.

The Cubs were lovable losers all those years. I just can't find much to love about the Jets. I can't hate them, because that's not the way I'm wired, but they're just too boring for me to care about them. Which is a pretty remarkable thing to do to a "fan."

jixxjr, Acad23, stinkyB and 3 others like this.
  4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Well said. It's not fun to watch at all.

Cman68, stinkyB and Dierking like this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Trust me, I can give up on a team. I already gave up on the Knicks, and the Jets may soon be next.

Cman68 likes this.
  6. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

I'm telling you guys....this team is CURSED. There is no way this team sucks this bad with the talent. However, it's coming to light that Adam Gase sucks. No adjustments at half time. He's now 1-8 in last 9 games as a coach. He's got no clue what to do. I hope Douglass decided to get his own guy to run this team.

7. Sid Youngelman

Sid Youngelman Active Member

It's not just Gase. DC Williams needs to go too! They are both complete losers.

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yeah, especially when he can't see huge real humans who are trying to eat him for lunch.

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

In fairness to the Jets, they don't play in Wrigley field, they play in Giant stadium. I could watch dogs peeing for 3 hours in Wrigley field. It's a fantastic venue.

10. Sid Youngelman

Sid Youngelman Active Member

If that's the case, you need to find another hobby.

11. mrmajix

mrmajix Member

What makes it worse for a 50 year Jet fan like me is not just the habitual mediocrity of this organization but my hatred of the Pats and Dolphins. Watching Shula marching up and down the sidelines in the 80's and early 90's intimidating the officials while Dan Marino drew a couple of long PI calls every game. Then his routine 1st and goal pop passes to bolster his TD stats while the talking heads oohhhed and aahhhed gushing over him and reminding me every game the Jets passed over him for Ken O'Brien. Finally after 16 years I thought it was over when Miami lost to Jax 62-7 and ridded the AFC East of this monkey on the Jets back. Little did I know soon Mo Lewis was about to usher in a new era of Brady/Belichick . 20 years later I have less hope than in 96' because there is no Parcell's waiting in the wings and because last night made me realize that Sam does not have the mental toughness or competitive fire to be a championship QB. Don't get me wrong, he's a great kid and has talent but is maybe just too nice of a guy to endure a real bloody shootout deep in the December playoffs.

KurtTheJetsFan and papapump like this.
  12. Waiting Since 68

Waiting Since 68 New Member

I can never quit on them but I can "demote" them. This Sunday they are relegated to the IPad while Andrew Siciliano and the Red Zone Channel get the big screen TV. Maybe they can become more watchable later this season.

kevda5n9ne and King Koopa like this.
  13. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

There are bad losses, and then there are losses where even the announcers are embarrassed for us. I am starting to coin those as "Gase losses". Because its like the 4th time this season.

14. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

The Jets, where rookies go to never get a start to the career and washed up vets go for an effortless paycheck.

NYJetsO12 and Cman68 like this.
  15. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

More like a hell loop

16. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

Thank god for redzone and fantasy football. I can never become a fan of another team but at least I can root for players now. I will always hope for this team to be good but I'm tired of rooting for draft picks. I want to be competitive against good teams, it's not a lot to ask.

17. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Cmon you are like me. We had the glory years, but now we get continually teased. Sometimes much better than others.

Unfortunately we will always comeback if there is a slight bit of hope. At this points in our lives, it’s usually for the younger fans that we know, just to get the taste that we had. Hang on there hopefully you, and I will have it one more time.

Cman68 likes this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

These types of threads are reserved after the Buffalo game that kept us out of the playoffs for example with Fitzmagic. And I completely get them at those times because those are heartbreaking losses.

I guess it's different because they won a couple years ago so it eases tensions but do you think Eagles fans feel this way after getting thwapped by Dallas on National TV? The Rams fans when the 49ers thoroughly dominate Jared Goff?

It was bad. And it was very ugly to watch. But a 33-0 loss on Monday Night Football counts all the same as a 1:00 PM 17-16 loss to the Bills.

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

This sums it up in a nutshell, which is why I've been so upset since the first loss this season. It was then that I realized, Sam or not, this team under this coach wasn't going to succeed, and that we were looking at yet ANOTHER rebuild!

I don't know if I'll say goodbye, or just fade away. Who knows, if some miracle happens and they turn things around in a year or two, maybe I'll return to active fandom, but really, it would be a miracle if that happened because they lack so much talent and they still have a HC that sucks. I do know that I won't be adopting a new team to root for. I'm too old to form that kind of attachment, and in any case the NFL sucks.

About three years ago I suggested that the Johnsons sell the team and it be moved out of NY so that a brand new team could replace them. I got a lot of heated flack from that, but I think it's time to revisit that idea. I don't know if the Jets are cursed - I don't believe in shit like that. But I do believe that some franchises are congenital losers, and will never be consistent winners. The Jets are one of those. So I think the kindest, most humane thing for Jets fans would be to move the team away. Maybe, if enough fans wanted it, the NFL could make sure the "Jets" name stays in NY for the new franchise to use, just like the Browns stayed in Cleveland after the original Browns moved to Baltimore. The fans don't deserve to be saddled with a team this incompetent. Time for a clean sheet.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

I believed the hype and bought great tickets vs browns. Late night early morning...waste of time and money. I haven't bought merchandise in years. I saw hundreds of new jerseys at the game...not me until they deserve my hard earned cash.
    Im am close to the edge as well. I told several people if the Giants win one more chip before the Jets im switching over.