Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The free rushers were Darnold's fault.. he was not calling the right protections. He was atrocious. and yes, he should've been benched halfway through that game

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I was ready to like your post..but checked that after you claim AG is "a great offensive mind" who panics

Sorry, this is the NFL Dark ..all HC know there is pressure to win...Gase was hired to play call, adjust etc etc and do exactly that!

I said ide look at his Sample Size of Coaching between last week and Xmas..thus far over 6 games he is a miserable failure.

SOJAZ, boozer32 and The Dark Knight like this.
  3. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Not all his fault. You can see on the first INT Sam made the adjustment but the OL did not listen and pick up number 58. The line needsto be aware and adjust to and slide into some of those blitzes themselves and more importantly the coaches needed to adjust and get out of 5 wide and not leave a fragile QB all alone on an island. Whether you blame Sam or the OL for the free blitzers it is not working. We have not been able to pick up the blitz all year and the coaches need to adjust. The definition of insane could be doing the same thing over and over when its not working. This problem has existed all year and Gase has done nothing to fix it.

#1123 Noam, Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  4. BrowningNagle

watch the game again ... if you can stomach it

they absolutely were not in 5 wide all game. In fact, the coaches did make an adjustment. there were a lot of times when the Jets lined up with 2 tight ends and/or an extra blocker in the backfield.

the problems were the line calls. The Patriots would stack one side so Darnold would send the extra blockers to that side. But it was Belichick fooling him, because they would just blitz the other side. Darnold was completely fooled

5. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Watch the 1st INT. Darnold made the right call to pick up 58. The OL messed it up and 58 went unblocked. Darnold took the blame and said he should have been louder.

6. BrowningNagle

that was 1 play....

after that Darnold was completely befuddled, even with the coaching adjustments

7. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Gase's Jets resume.

1. Looks crazy in introductory press conference. Negative

2. Gets an awful GM fired. Positive

3. Week 1. Defense looks great. injury hurts the d. Offense look awful and a punter is the field goal kicker and loses the game for us (that might be on Douglas signing Vidvek). Offensive coach. Maybe Darnold had mono but the offense looked lost. Negative

4. Week 2. Backup qb gets injured. Get embarrassed on Monday night. Outcoached again. Oline problems appear. Negative

5. Week 3. Third qb. Lose to the Pats. Doesn't even look like an NFL offense. Seemed to have given up. Negative

6. Week 4. Third qb. Lose to the Eagles. Oline is a mess. Don't even look like an NFL offense. Negative

7. Week 5. Darnold returns. We look great. We start believing. Positive

8. Week 6. Osemele thing comes out. More to the story but negative for everyone in the Jets orginization.

9. Week 6. Embarrassed again on Monday Night. New rule no team should play on Monday Night if they picked on the top 10 the previous year. The Out coached again. QB regressed. Same issues along the line. Negative

This is a problem. There are many people to blame but it comes back to the coach. The team has no life. No interest. Adams the heart and soul is ready to quit. Most fans don't want to go to a game. Why because the owners run an inempt business and keep hiring coaches that are not NFL coaches. Thanks again Johnson's and thanks again Gase. Go back to the cave you came from and watch film. It's sad I long for Rex, Bowles and Gailey, Morton and Bates.

SOJAZ and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

No, that’s not my logic at all, and if that is how you comprehend my position I’m not the dumbass between us.

What excuse have I made?

9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Maybe Nagy gets fired in Chicago next year while Douglas lets Gase go here. Maybe they bring in Nagy.

10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

If he tore his head off instead how much would that save the cap?

11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

maybe we go a different route this time rather than hiring someone that another team just fired for incompetence.

Ralebird and NYJFOREVER like this.
  12. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Matt Rhule is 7-0 w/ Baylor and his staff.

13. K'OB

Seen a video on NFL.com of Belicheat laughing at us for turning down consecutive penalties, there wasn't much info attached but it what it implied was Belicheat was deliberately doing penalties and we kept turning it down. One was an intentional delay of game and then an intentional false start in the 4th quarter.

Anybody explain it to me please?

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Nagy isn’t the reason why Trubisky was a terrible pick. He’s got a get out of jail free card for a few years.

PabloJa likes this.
  15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

It kept the clock running. If you decline a delay of game / false start the clock continues to run. It’s a loophole that’s been in the league for years. That’s why he was laughing.

K'OB likes this.
  16. dawinner127

Patriots ran SEVENTEEN COVER ONE OR ZERO BLITZES LAST NIGHT!! Gase made no adjustments!! GET OUT

SOJAZ, Noam and K'OB like this.
  17. K'OB

Thanks,I can see why Gase didn't want the clock to stop or the poor mugs who paid to get tortured for three hours.

18. dawinner127

Luckily i left before that shit happened :)

K'OB likes this.
  19. K'OB

Oh, I know in football it is a torment if your team is shit but 90 minutes later you can be on your way home.

20. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Wow.....that was like a D3 team playing an NFL team straight up. Brutal. Team completely unprepared. If coach thought that was prepared, then he was unprepared too. Maybe that IS the problem.

For only the 2nd time in my life I left the stadium at the half..... well, right after the Mawai tribute. If it weren't for that, I would have been gone earlier.

Belichick totally fucked up Sam's head. Gase did NOTHING to help his young QB out...Squat, Nada. Pats were in cover zero or cover 2 and blitzed like 20 times....no adjustments. Not by Sam, not by Gase.

Trumaine Johnson couldn't cover a pie plate with a table cloth.....not that any other Jets corner did any better.

I did see Leonard Williams in the backfield once......they don't even double him any more, he can't get off a block anyway.

Gase and a whole bunch of JAG players need to be put on a bus. I hear that banner plane warming up at Teterboro.

Probably done with season tickets after this year, done going to the stadium, I will watch from home where one button is all that is needed to end the misery. Shame.

JerzeJets, NYJetsO12 and Noam like this.