Are the 2019 Pats overrated?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GasedAndConfused, Oct 17, 2019.

1. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I agree. William's press conferences are very good. Not that other coaches are bad (who has the time to listen to them all), but I am very impressed with William's concepts that he outlines during these pressers. If the Jets can keep him for a few years, I can't see the D being in the bottom half of the league during his tenure.

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

If the Pats are over rated then I wish that Jets were over rated also instead of,,,,,,oh well,,,,,,instead of being the Jets

4. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

They're not overrated. The offense has had its struggles with the WR position a bit this season, but that defense is more than capable of shouldering the load and carrying them if need be. They're not going to go undefeated, but a team with Tom Brady and a defense like that will be very much in the mix for the #1 seed in what has proven to be a weak AFC so far.

Red Menace likes this.
  5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Patriots are itching for teams to try to control the ball and play defense.

Put the petal to the floor and don't stop until the clock hits 0, enough of this ball control shit. Get the lead and keep scoring.

azhar80 and dawinner127 like this.
  6. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

On the offensive side of the ball not the best.... there O-line is shake ...and weak at WR ,Brady starting to showing his age.... there Defense is very good so it will be interesting to see how Darold plays against them.... there still the smartest team in the League and won’t beat themselves

7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Moving this to NFL Forum now that everyone said what they had to say about these cheaters

8. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

That's one thing I've noticed so far from Gase, is we dont just kneel down before the half, like our previous teams. I've seen us try to score with and keep the pressure on the other team. It hurt us in wk3? When we couldve run down the clock, but Falk threw the ball on 3rd down before the half to Bellamy, incomplete, and that stopped the time giving the other team the ball and decent time to score.
    However this aggressive offense is a small sample, but so far it seems like the Jets dont play to run down the clock, they play to score, and that is good change imo.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

No they aren’t.

10. Woodhead

Woodhead Active Member

No they are who we thougt they were

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I think the Jets were the overrated team, if thats possible.

12. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

They were among the talking heads I listened to and the betting public as well. That's because fan bases and betting bases are extremely bipolar. After the Jets beat Dallas you heard talks of playoffs or 9-7 from some people. That's why all you heard all week was how the Jets were going to "keep it close" long enough to cover the spread. Oops. Now the sky is falling and they're going 1-15.

I don't think the Jets are that bad though. Probably like a 4-6 win team because it helps to get 2 free wins out of Miami. The real problem is Gase, who I think sucks dick but has now gotten two head coaching gigs because Peyton Manning likes him and campaigns for him. I could have been the OC coach for Peyton Manning on any team but especially that Denver team that Gase was on.

Must be a real tough gig to coach Peyton on an all-time offense when Peyton was basically the OC. Somehow that qualified Gase to lead a team of 53.

#52 Antoni, Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Narrator: They're not.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

we were pretty awful. will be interesting when they play a real team that doesn't lay down and take it. that won't happen until nov 3rd against the ravens. will be interesting to see how bill tries to stop jackson