Kelechi Osemele Released

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFOREVER, Oct 18, 2019.

1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

So there are some interesting reports going on with Kelechi Osemele and his injured shoulder.

Team says he can play but KO says he needs surgery, and according to Costello, two doctors cleared him to play. If two doctors cleared him to play this surgery seems like a play to go to IR and collect his paycheck before he KNOWS he's getting axed in the offseason, yeah I said it.

Then all of a sudden this report comes out of nowhere from Adam Lefkoe.

What's going on here with our medical staff? Not sure what to believe, but figure out if the guy needs surgery and be done with it without looking like grade A amateurs.

One last edit coming in to maybe shed some light

egelband likes this.
  2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

LOL

Dumpster fire burns on

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Say it ain't so. Wow.

egelband and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Makes you wonder about Sam's situation when they wanted him to play before he was cleared. Something stinks here to high hell..

Noam and HomeoftheJets like this.
  5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I don't buy the fake MRI shit. Not because its the Jets, but simply because the Jets could face a MASSIVE lawsuit and severe punishment if they are forging a players MRI results and avoiding the proper route with an injury.

Something tells me Osemele is being a pussy because he realizes he is shitting the bed this year.

6. Falco21

This is not accurate.

Sam Darnold, himself, was hoping he was able to play after the bye week, pending doctor approval.

He was not cleared and he did not play. There's no gray area there.

And the Jets organization never "wanted him to play before he was cleared". The answer was always a hope that he would be cleared by doctors. It was ALWAYS up to the doctors to make the call

7. NYJFOREVER

Inclined to believe this based on the way they handled/are handling the injuries to Sam, Mosley, and Herndon. They've erred on the side of caution for all these guys and I don't see why they'd do any different. KO knows he's on his way out this upcoming offseason and wants to sit on IR to collect his monster paycheck. The craziest thing about this whole situation is that this injury is one he sustained in Oakland, so why the hell did they pass his physical?

hornblower, NYJetsO12 and dawinner127 like this.
  8. Falco21

Well having an injury does not necessarily cause you to fail a physical.

I had a torn rotator cuff but was able to lift weights and workout without issue. Until I tore it completely, like a moron, and needed surgery.

A lot of lingering sports injuries can be masked by the player.

It sounds like he had a shoulder injury he has always had in Oakland. Realizes he is shitting the bed and will likely be cut this off-season, so he is taking advantage of the fact that he knows he has it and is now claiming he needs surgery for it. Take this year as a recovery to avoid any missed time on another roster.

NYJetsO12 and NYJFOREVER like this.
  9. Falco21

And that's a great point about Mosley as well.

They have been slowly working with Mosley until he felt comfortable enough to fully practice. In fact, he is the one who stated he will be playing this week.

Makes ZERO sense that the Jets would fake an injury report and force Osemele to play while babying guys like Mosley

10. NYJFOREVER

We also have no idea what his injury is outside of "shoulder" so let's wait and see. I find it really hard to believe a team would send fake MRIs, that's asking for a lawsuit and massive fines.

NY Jets68, PabloJa and SOJAZ like this.
  11. Falco21

That's why I don't believe it.

The cost is way too big for something like this to occur. Especially in the world today with the way they are handling injuries like concussions. No way in hell the Jets take this gamble in 2019

Red Menace likes this.
  12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Regardless of what's true, now that this is out the Jets need to let him have surgery ASAP.

This will be detrimental for future FA acquisitions! Holy smokes.

13. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Who the hell is Adam Lefkoe? Why is his tweet different from others? The premise of the team falsifying MRS is ludicrous! As F21 stated the lawsuit would be massive not to mention that NO player would ever trust the team again when injured.

I think most posters nailed it... the guy has been a flop and is "probably" trying to 1) get to IR and collect $ and 2) save his career, what's left of it. I would make him partice or fine him his paycheck till he decides to showup and play.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. Its hard to get on the team if they have 2 doctors telling them he can play regardless of if its pre existing or not.

hornblower and NYJFOREVER like this.
  15. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

FWIW Osemele was on Lefkoe's podcast in the offseason. Wouldn't shock me if he himself is the "source" who is claiming doctors say he needs surgery.

Right from the jump I don't think either side can come back from this positively. Let him get the surgery & move on from him. Alex Lewis is playing better anyhow.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. CosmicJester

CosmicJester Member

Unless those doctors based their conclusions on intentionally incorrect MRI images, as has been alleged.

17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

this is shitty and we don't know the real answer, but we have to look at things in a realistic view of what makes sense. everyone is quick to call KO lazy and just wanting to collect a check and others want to make the jets to be shady hitlers trying to force and injured person to play. none of those make sense.

We have a player who had a pre-existing injury when we traded for him. he played very limited in practice and pre-seaosn during the off-season due to that. he played a few weeks for us in the season. then he couldn't. my best guess is he's been playing through it and reached the point where he's not comfortable playing and would rather get surgery and look to his future. the jets side say he's healthy enough and has played through it and we are paying him 11+ million and gave up a draft pick and he should continue to play thought it. I highly doubt he's too injured to play, the medical staff isn't dumb and wouldn't risk it and plus a lineman with a bum shoulder isn't going to be very effective anyway. KO can probably gut it out and isn't going to cause more damage, but mentally is at the point where he doesn't feel healthy enough to play and doesn't want to risk his career trying to gut the season out. that is what makes the most sense

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

How do you explain Gase's no-prep with Falk then? Gase fully expected Darnold to play and when he wasn't cleared, Falk got rushed into the starter reps and promptly got his ass handed to him during the game. What made Gase think Darnold was going to play? Simply listening to Sam's self prognosis? I hope not..

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It shows the Jets' Doctors put Sam's health first, over what Sam or Gase wanted. This seems like a completely different situation though.The doctors say he can play, but he doesn't feel he can and wants the surgery. And it's mostly about money, it seems. I had high hopes for KO, but looks like the 5th rounder for the Raiders was a steal.:mad:

hornblower likes this.
  20. NYJFOREVER

Gase gave Sam all the reps leading up to the Eagles game because he fully expected Sam to get cleared. Docs probably told him that Sam was close and a couple more days might be enough to clear him, which is proven by the fact that he was cleared a day or two after the game Eagles game.