2018 Yankees Season Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by GQMartin, Mar 28, 2018.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

We watch this movie every year and we expect the ending to be different. The Bottom line is that pitching wins in the playoffs. That said I never expected the Yankees to get THESE MANY MEN ON BASE. Whats the record for most men left on base in a playoff series ?

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I think you guys know I am a positive person and fan, but this series has driven me nuts. I know the Astros are a great team, but it feels like the Yankees literally gave away Game 2, 3 and then completely laid an egg in Game 4. Unacceptable and truly disappointing. No one wants to blame Boone but he has put Ottavino in THREE TIMES in the ALCS and recorded 0 outs. That is flat out pathetic managing. I don't blame Ottavino at all. The line-up hasn't looked right. Clearly you can bail your manager out with timely hitting and the Yankees have done the complete opposite of that too. Blame should go all around, but it just is not acceptable for a team this talented to play like they have. People thought I was crazy to be so upset when they blew that Game 2 lead, but I knew things could end up like this. I would have loved a DC-NY World Series too..... So close! :(

CBG likes this.
  3. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Isn't it ironic that Sabathia pitched last night until his arm fell off while Giancarlo Stanton sat on the bench with a sore quad?

When the Yankees traded for Stanton, the writers mocked Jeter for getting so little in return. It looks like Jeter knew exactly what he was doing and took Cashman to the cleaners. Now, the Yankees are stuck for a lot of years (and a lot of dollars) with an albatross contract for an overrated, injury-prone and untradeable player.

The Dark Knight and CBG like this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

69 what is crazy is that the guy was God Like when he was with the Marlins ---I mean he is not even close to that guy now. If the guy can't contribute and I mean NOW then dont even dress him. Props to CC for showing so much heart !!!!

#764 CBG, Oct 18, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  5. Since1969

I just read that he's DHing tonight. We'll see what he looks like.

CBG likes this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Yes I saw the lineup,,,BTW I am so in favor of benching Sanchez and playing Romine but that aint happening

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  7. Since1969

For some reason, Sanchez is untouchable in the Yankee universe. All Boone et al. do is make excuses for him. They treat him like Mr. October because he had a HR when they were already down 6-1 (but K'd in the first inning with the bases loaded when a simple single would have made a big difference). I read somewhere this week that one of the reasons Girardi's relationship with Cashman soured was because Girardi called Sanchez out.

8. The Dark Knight

Houston, we have a chance! On to Game 6! :cool:

9. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I would bench the Santino, at least Romine tries should have had 2 passed balls in the 1st inning then trots in slow motion after the balls

10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

It goes without saying that winning 2 in a row at Houston will be difficult, especially with Cole starting game 7. Offense needs to get to Astros relievers early and often tonight. Can't let 'em off the hook like they did in games 3 and 4.

CBG likes this.
  11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

1 game at a time !!!!

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

My god the yanks strike out like it’s their job

13. Dierking

Sanchez picking the best time to forget how to catch

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

he forgot games ago and should have been sat down for Romine but bottom line is this team has left far too many men on base AGAIN and the other team is making all the plays and getting timely hitting unlike us

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I believe we are now looking at crunch time

16. Dierking

Fucking DJ.

This umps strike zone is complete ass.

CBG likes this.
  17. Dierking

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Ump has been consistently BAD all night

19. The Dark Knight

Brutal. Fitting ending to the series though, as the Yankees have failed every way possible. Might as well let Altuve walk it off with a 2 run BLAST. Pathetic.

At least a couple Yankees showed up, but the majority were MIA all series and Boone's managing was disappointing in my personal opinion.

The better team won and is moving to the World Series. Go Nationals................:(

matt robinson 17 and CBG like this.
  20. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

We’ve seen this movie before until they address starting pitching there not going to win .....And I’m sorry Gary Sanchez should be Trade he’s terrible behind the plate.... or at least move his ass to first base and let Romine catch full time...and my God stanton!!!!what a waste of money he is ...hurt all the time and can’t field!!! Money Could have been better spent on PITCHING....