9-7 is a legitimate outcome

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by All Gas No Shake, Oct 15, 2019.

1. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I see wins - hard to pick which game or games will be the clunker. That last one in Buffalo will be a rough one.

Obviously Miami (x2), the Skins, Bengals, Steelers, and probably the Giants are looking good at this moment.

2. mrjet80

If they actually beat NE this season takes on a different meaning......

3. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

This team sucks; we're not going 8-3 over the remaining 11 games.

4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It amazes me how this team messes with people. All it takes is one game for people to start feeling that false hope within, hoping for something better, hoping that the first quarter to the season was just a crazy nightmare that never really happened.

Oh... How we lose sight so quickly. I can already tell, some of you, are not prepared for such a let down.

5. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

if your scenario plays out, we will most likely miss the playoffs due to the amount of in-conference losses we will have. I will still take a 9-7 record after the dismal start to the season, with hopes of rolling into next year with the same momentum.

mrjet80 likes this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yeah buffalo could be fighting for a WC spot at that point, hell if we do win a bunch we could be fighting with them for the last spot. Realistically speaking we are only 2 games out of a wild card spot as it stands behind indy and oak. indy doesn't impress me, not without luck. and oakland isn't as good as their record either. The AFC isn't as stacked as it once was. I think we have right now 2 elite teams with the texans and pats, and both have some big issues. then you have the really good teams with the chiefs and ravens. after that there isn't much. jax and pitt list their Qbs and aren't as good as expected. indy's QB retired before the season so aren't as good, the much hyped browns have sucked. The NFC is actually the stronger division this year finally after like 2 decades. The Saints, panthers, niners, hawks, and packers are all elite. the WC is gonna be tough there. someone from the easy has to make it (dal or phi) but may get in at 8-8 with a division win. right now the hawks at 5-1 have a WC spot and the panthers at 4-2 have another and have won 4 in a row with a backup QB. mccraffey is carrying that offense.

7. mrjet80

Exactly - most likely outcome 7 or 8 wins and a lot of good momentum going into the offseason. I think it's safe to say the team has already hit the bottom it should start trending upwards at least.

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Luckily I didnt drive that game, so the beers started flowing after that

9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I think it's more Darnold that's changing the mood, not just the win.

He looked really impressive on Sunday. And that was his first game back after being out for 4+ weeks. He should only get better as the year goes on which may be why people are changing their views on the outcome.

BudJet, FJF and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  10. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

This board is fucking ridiculous

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It's possible, but the NFL is not easy. Even the games against the Dolphins, Redskins, Giants, and Bengals are not gimmes. Anything can happen, plus the Jets are not exactly an unstoppable force. I am as optimistic as they come, but I don't think it should be assumed. That is what drives me nuts with "Predict the schedule W-L" threads in July or August. Many assumed the Jets would beat the Bills Week 1 and lose to the Cowboys Week 6. You just don't know. It would not shock me for the Jets to beat the Patriots on Monday night and then lose to the Bengals, Dolphins or Giants. It's how the league works, especially with inconsistent teams. That is why the loss to Buffalo Week 1 was so tough. It really hurt the Jets playoff chances even though it was the first game of the season. However, that is what I love about the NFL. Every game is so important.

12. mrjet80

It'll be pretty hard to lose to a team that wants to lose but I understand what you're saying. And it appears that Bills game really really hurt more than we thought it would.....

The Dark Knight likes this.
  13. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I thought this was a 7-9 win team before the season and I still think they are a 7-9 win team.

To think there is absolutely no chance this team can win 9 games with the upcoming schedule is just as ridiculous as thinking it is a guarantee they will win 9 games.

They play 4 games against teams trying to lose. It is not at all unrealistic to think they can go 4-3 in the other games with the likes of the Giants, Jags, Raiders & Steelers on the schedule.

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Week 17 should be interesting. I could see it being a reverse of 2015. This time Buffalo needing a win to get in the playoffs facing a lower ranked, but still decent Jets team. Would be such a shame to have to knock them out

PabloJa, Pepsiguy5 and mrjet80 like this.
  15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Bills are going to have the playoff spot locked up by week 17.

16. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Depends really. We have no idea what we or other teams will look like in 5-6 weeks.

I feel oddly optimistic about the New England game. We're at home. Sams back. They didn't look great against a shit Giants team. We're getting some guys back...they're ripe to be picked off

If we do that then Jax, Miami, Midgets, Redskins all have to be W's. Then we run into Oakland who could complicate things. After that Cincy/Miami. Two more W's.

Baltimore/Pitt/Buffalo to finish things worry me. And it's way way to far off to even think about.

7-6 heading into Baltimore in mid December would be nice

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  17. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

The team was 4-12 last year. With Darnold. The team lost to Buffalo this year. At home. With Darnold.
    Darnold finished 32nd in quarterback rating last year, well behind Trubisky and Winston. This year he is
    11th, just ahead of Brady and Minshew and behind Bridgewater and Mason Rudolph. Do we even know if he can
    stay on the field?

I think I'm going to take a wait-and-see attitude. I honestly have no idea right now how many games this team can win.

Ron

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

idk... I wouldn't be so sure of that. maybe, maybe not

19. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Bills have 3 straight home games starting with Miami, Philadelphia. Washington. You have to figure the Dolphins and Redskins are wins and they can beat the Eagles as they aren't playing all that great. The game at Buffalo will be the Eagles 3rd straight road game. Last week they were at Minnesota, this week at Dallas, then Buffalo. So the Bills might be catching the Eagles at the right time. At minimum they should be 6-2 at the halfway point with a good shot at 7-1. It will be hard for the Jets to catch them.

20. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

We're gonna do both, mate.

That's an overreaction you hang your hat on.