Why were none of the PIs challenged yesterday?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsfansince95, Oct 13, 2019.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

because unless a DB tackles the WR blatantly they arne't going to reverse it

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

More likely if the WR tackles the CB or safety blatantly and then fakes a fall to boot. The league has turned the challenge into a freaking joke.

3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Overreacted might be an understatement.

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I mean i get it. the issue is it's hard to define judgement calls. human error is part of any game. a ref missing a call is no different then a WR dropping a pass. The idea of replay is if it's a huge game changer that if it's blatant and clear it can be reversed. The whole PI can be challenged was due to the blown call in the saints/rams playoff game last year but it can't be used for ticky tack nonsense. I think replay is good at times. it's good for turnovers, good for catch/no catch, it's good for scoring plays, but it's getting to the point where it's cumbersome and sometimes you need to accept shit won't go your way

LAJet likes this.
  5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

They don't overturn them. The officials back in NY hate the new rule and I don't blame them. The rule sucks and is a ridiculous overreaction to a bad missed call in the playoffs. You can't determine how much contact a player made in instant replay at 10% speed.

6. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

I just don't get what the league is doing to us with this PI crap. I mean last year two absolute horseshit PI/Defensive holding cost us games. The NFL even apologized to us for it after the fact. And then again last night it almost happened again

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/jets-j...-pass-interference-call-vs-packers/302262534/

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/nfl-re...votal-call-vs-browns----or-did-they/295975794

Also the Titans blown lead last year. I recall the refs marching Tennessee down the field as well

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. MauiJet

MauiJet Member

I always wonder what the Jets organization did to get the wrath of the NFL...It's been obvious for so long...Patriots NEVER get these ridiculous calls against them. It makes the win that much more sweet. The Newengland Football League conveniently scheduled the Pats with the Thursday to Monday night break...practically a bye before coming to Met Life next monday. Jets get screwed every year with the scheduling of games against the Pats. This year our bye seems to have worked in our favor....How sweet handing a loss to New England would be on Monday......i'm in my own fantasy league....yep! go J E T S...Jets Jets Jets!

8. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

The Lions were just screwed badly on National TV by the refs.

ouchy likes this.
  9. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

I used to think there was an anti-Jet bias, but now I see that the league (and by extension, the refs) have an internal "ranking" of teams. Certain teams get the favorable calls, or non-calls as the case may be - and others don't. Pats, Cowboys, Green Bay are teams that the league wants to promote so they get calls in their favor that others don't. I can't even say that it's a conscious effort to boost those teams, but human nature is what it is. If the refs feel that their boss - the "league", is promoting certain teams, this is what you get.