Why were none of the PIs challenged yesterday?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsfansince95, Oct 13, 2019.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Great post. Two of the PI calls were absolute horse shit. But across the league most teams are getting fucked on these calls except for the anointed ones. NE at the top of the list, with GB, Dallas, And KC close by. Not over turning the red flag challenge on Thursday’s game on the PI was an unmitigated joke and insult to the new rule.

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

We got a free call on that "pick play".

MoWilkBeast and LarryAlRalph like this.
  3. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

I don’t even think the refs are *against* the Jets. I just think they aim to keep the game close/within the spread. We’re the Jets winning by six down the stretch I believe the refs would have called things differently.

4. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Umm... WTF are you guys talking about? Dallas was the heavy favorite. Spread was totally irrelevant at the end.

5. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Remember that bullcrap one on Graham last year. The NFL definitely targets the Jets

6. Nicholasflorio

Yea seriously, I’m reading this and wondering why people think the spread meant anything. The Jets were +6.5 or 7 depending where you bet. Maybe the money line was a factor if so many people bet the jets and we’re fucking Vegas, but seriously, how many people thought to money line the Jets today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah.

It was the o/u at that mattered at that point... at least to me... :confused:

8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You are correct, for my part I blame tiredness and was just confirming the spread was 7.5 lol

9. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Heretic. :rolleyes:

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  10. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

Oh shit. Yeah. Hahah. Still think the refs wanted to keep it close, tho.

11. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

It was a pick he took out 2 Jets, good call

12. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Can the booth not challenge them? Do PI challenges have to be outside of the 2 minutes?

It was quite odd that not one of them on that last drive were challenged. They surely should have been.

Also, does the challenge only apply if PI was called and you believe it to be wrong, rather than if PI was not called and you believe that there was PI?

13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Because the league overreacted to the horrendous call last year and are making a mockery of this rule. Teams are like 1 for 25 now when challenging this shit. They’re going to remove the rule next year.

14. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

Because they never change them, end of thread

FJF and HomeoftheJets like this.
  15. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

That’s a good question, I thought the same thing as I’m watching the game, in particular the Adams PI call near the end of the game, it was a blatant wrong call.

I also did not know that teams were 1 for 25 on the challenges calls. I guess I wouldn’t challenge them either with those odds.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

But we didn’t need the timeouts. I guess maybe we could have needed them. I wonder if the potential loss of timeout was the reason for not doing it.

Additionally, if the booth does it, do you lose the timeout? I can’t remeber.

17. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

They make the 2pt conversion and we have roughly 45 seconds with three timeouts to go down the field and get a score. The timeout would be big in that situation.

As for the challenge, it's there for horrendous, obvious mistakes like the NO one. As poor as the call on Adams was, there was contact with the arm and it may have been ever so slightly early. It's a poor call no doubt and should never have been flagged, but once it was flagged it is a judgement thing and they aren't going to overturn a judgement call - just as Bell's rushing TD call wasn't overturned even though I suspect his knee was down a few inches short of the line.

18. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Under 2 minutes it has to be obviously clear that the PI was missed by officials in order for booth to review it and no team loses a TO.

Teams cannot challenge at 2:00 or under mark of game.

Anytime before the 2 minute mark a team has to have a TO and can call for a review of the PI call or non call.

This rule is only for this year.

Martin&theJETS likes this.
  19. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Why wasn't the nullified TD where the Dallas WR was penalized for offensive PI reviewed? I thought all scoring plays were reviewed and PI is a reviewable offense. NFL officiating has always been shady, but now the league just does what they want to make sure they control the narrative. It seems the rules apply to the game less and less and are arbitrarily enforced to benefit the league's bottom line.

20. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

there is contact on every pass and holding on every play