Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I don't think it's one or the other but rather a combination. Balances and implementations.
    Having great players covers bad coaching.
    Great coaches hide weaknesses.
    Balance.

2. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was thinking watching that game too.

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Probably one of the worst Jet performances in decades ...Adam Gase making history..thanks Offensive Genius!

Gase is in the loop on all the medical reports on Sam prior to Eagles game fully knowing the spleen prob still enlarged and he thinks the kid will start??? Falk sucks but also was given no reps and no prep

And this is our HC??? I had high hopes for Season and even giving AG a chance ...injuries aside he is a poor HC imo

At 16 I watched Namath win the Jets a SB...now 66 yrs old I expect to receive my first Social Security check next week

Except for investing energy over 50 years rooting for these Loser Owners and Management ..Life is Good

4. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

If you haven't read it yet...

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2019/week-5-quick-reads

"...word broke Sunday morning that Jets coach Adam Gase had been giving Darnold first-team reps in practice, relegating Falk to scout team duty until last Friday. This meant that Falk would be making his first two NFL starts against the winners of the last two Super Bowls without a full week of practice for either one of them (the Patriots game, you'll recall, was played on a short week after Falk's debut on Monday night)."

Disgraceful.

Ron

5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

You’re beating a dead horse. It isn’t a big deal. The only shot we had at winning was with Sam. They were convinced he would play. He didn’t. You could have given Falk 1000000 hours of reps. It wouldn’t matter. The guy isn’t an NFL caliber QB.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  6. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

If we beat Dallas. This won’t matter. We just need Kellen Moore to strap up.

7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

If we beat the Cowboys..and that's a big IF

It won't be because of A Gase but in spite of the CS..(not including G Williams)

SOJAZ likes this.
  8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

And, unfortunately, Gase isn’t an NFL caliber head coach so we really stood no chance.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

I received the following email earlier today:

Hello Gang Green, I am **** **** from ****. **** is the only place fans can come to talk directly with athletes and celebrities. We currently have Avery Williamson on the platform. We would be happy to offer you a spot on our next fancast with Avery Williamson in return for a post on your Forum! On this next fancast, Fans can draw up an offensive or defensive play and show it to Avery with the potential of Adam Gase seeing it. Please let me know if this is something that interests you!

My reply:

The only thing we want Adam Gase to see is the door on the way out. Thanks though.

alleycat9, Zach, Noam and 8 others like this.
  10. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

For all the talk of who is, or isn't to blame, does anyone actually believe Gase is a good coach who will have success with us? He left the Dolphins after years of failure and not achieving his goals, what suddenly makes it different here? Needs to be sacked, the cleaner could have organised the offense better the last few weeks. If Darnold comes back and looks competent vs Cowboys, then he will be doing that despite of the horrendous coaching. Get a new HC and Owners please. Really until things change at Owner or they take a back seat and hand over hirings and running to elsewhere. Then very little will change.

SOJAZ likes this.
  11. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

People think McCarthy is good for the same reason Gase keeps getting hired. Great QB.

12. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

What? Can't coach 'em up? Pats had Brady out for 4 games a few years back and they won 3 out of the 4. Garropolo was hurt in the middle
    of the second game and they still won, then *rookie* Brisette comes in and wins his first game *27-0*, injures his thumb in that game
    and only then loses 16-0 the next game. Come on now, you can at least coach up the offense *and* defense so that it's at least close.
    Instead our guy doesn't even give the backup a chance at all to win.

Ron

Yorkshire Jet, NYJetsO12 and SOJAZ like this.
  13. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Bienemy, or Rhule or even fucking Fangio would have been a better hire than Crazy Eyes.

Bellys Lies likes this.
  14. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

You need a coach who can inspire and galvanize a group of young men and a diverse locker room. These coaches are good communicators and can make connections with players...then players WANT to run through a brick wall for them. We seen this a bit with Rex.

McVay, Gruden, Harbaugh.....Shaw, Riley, Sweeney from college all have that trait. If your a leader of men--you can attract top talent to your team, keep them on your team and most importantly...keep them inspired on your team.

I really think we have that in Joe D. I don't think we have that in Gase.

15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Don't quote me on this because I didn't look it up. I'm guessing that Pats team went to the SB that year, the year before and the year after. It's just a guess but I think they were good teams.

16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

[​IMG]

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

You should've accepted the offer and drawn a play with a four receiver formation, two bunched together on each side of the line of scrimmage. On the left side, the receivers run dig routes, with the same stem and one cut deeper than the other. On the right side, the receivers run wheel routes, but in opposite directions. This will spell FU.

18. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

This week is interesting to me

Gase has a legit chance to make adjustments and he has not made them. Even after a bye.

But yes, his FQB has been out (perfect excuse)

If we continue to look like shit this week on offense, he should be eliminated

Fuck him

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Anyone wanna let him know he controls the plays and personnel?

AJW, NY Jets68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

im just getting to this thread and as much as i know i shouldnt delve into it because i will become fixated on it i am going to do it anyway... i didnt like the gase hiring, i think that even if the jets win 2 games this year his master manipulation of the gm position this spring bought him 2-3 years of disgusting football because he will claim he needs his guys and the roster needs to be rebuilt. he is going to run leveon bell into dust and doesnt care a single bit and the jets will continue to be the laughingstock of the league. just dont manage to lose to miami...