Trade Rumors

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Oct 7, 2019.

1. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

He showed enough progress as a rookie to beat Mahomes in QBR over the last 4 weeks last year, with much inferior talent and coaching around him.

So there's that.

And he looked better than Wentz in his rookie year.

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I’m a huge believer in Sam but I’m not ready to deem him a top-tier starter like the two guys you mentioned. He looked very good the last four games of last year and we have all the reasons in the world to be confident that he is going to put it all together. What we really have to worry about is a Colts situation: Bad coaching and bad roster management which makes the quarterbacks life that much harder. I have zero faith in this coaching staff and nobody else in their right mind should either.

If Sam doesn’t make it, it’s because of the people who “developed“ him.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Yes, he showed amazing progress the final 4 games, but let's not compare him to Wentz or Mahomes quite yet.

I need a lot more than 4 games to put him in the same conversation as those 2 guys

4. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

lets face it we're not getting anything better than a 7th rounder back for anyone who we're willing to trade leo included

grkmanga31 likes this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Maybe he wasn’t comparing Sam to them but more using them for reference as to where sams growth was at the end of the year?

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Can we get anything extra for Leo's hair or his acting ability for TV commercials?
    (New team spokesperson..??)

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

With the way he's playing, what do you see us getting in return?

8. NCJetsfan

You could be right, but I'd put more faith in any 7th rounder that Douglas drafts developing and contributing over any 2nd rounder (or lower) that Mac drafted.

9. NCJetsfan

We have to have some talent around Darnold. There are a few other players that I wouldn't trade: Adams, Herndon, Q. Williams (but only if we switch to a 4-3 with the new HC), Cashman (we wouldn't get value and he has shown a good bit of potential), Mosley (we probably wouldn't get a decent offer due to his contract and Bell (because I don't think that we'd get anywhere near value for him). Anyone else is fair game.

I think probably the only other players other than Adams, Herndon, Q. Williams and Cashman that any other team would be interested in trading for are L. Williams, M. Maye and R. Anderson, and we probably won't get much for any of them. We'd just be creating more holes that had to be filled, but I would trade L. Williams because I sure wouldn't pay him big money to come back.

10. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I want Darnold out there as much as anyone else so we can continue the evaluation process on him. However with this dumpster fire OL and awful offensive coaching philosophy he's just asking to get injured. So we have to wait until the Jets revamp the OL this offseason and then go back to judging Darnold next season. Another year of waiting. Rinse and repeat.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

This and we need some real edge rushers here for once.

CotcheryFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

I want them to trade Robby, but by the same token while this is obviously a lost season I would still like Sam to get some valuable game action and success under his belt. While I do not like Robby by any stretch, it will be kinda hard for Sam to do that without him. It's just the truth.

13. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Other than high draft picks, the Jets have very little value to offer in a trade. Therefore, they are dealing from a position of weakness and the other teams who know this will be looking to take advantage of them in a trade. Of course, the Jets will never risk trading a high draft pick because they seem to enjoy selecting and overpaying colossal early round busts, no matter who the GM is.

Look for the team to make some insignificant cosmetic transactions, which as usual will be sold to the faithful as moves which are necessary in putting together the building blocks of a winning foundation...or some bullshit like that.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Just thoughts. The next few weeks will tell. Leonard Williams to the Texans. I know the Texans gave up alot for Tunsil and Stills so they might not be able to do it but they could use Williams. Ideally a 3rd would be best but I don't think we'd get that. A 4th or a 5th maybe.

Osemele was mentioned too. Maybe a team like the Chargers who have line issues. At best we get the 5th rounder back for him. Not sure.

I think Anderson too. With the return of Herndon and Thomas seeming healthy and getting 9 targets last week I can see him going somewhere. Not sure of a return. Maybe a 3rd.

I heard Henry Anderson mentioned too. With the injury not sure if they can or if his contract is prohibitive but I could see them trying to trade him. Not sure they'd get enough though.

Those are the 4 that I can see a return for. Nothing huge but something. Two weeks shall tell.

15. Jetsfansince95

if we get anything higher than a 7th then JD deserves GM of the year !

16. Jetsfansince95

Gotta take off our Jet goggles

PickSix likes this.
  17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I say we also jettison - heh - Robby "The Literary Genius" Anderson. It will give him ample time to pursue his lifelong dream of penning the Next Great American novel.

EDIT: Plot: Robby, an NFL wide receiver, is employed by the New York Jets. Little does everyone know that he is like Claudius Augustus, pretending to be an idiot for his own survival. He tries to punk some guy for some custom cleats and then publicly pats himself on the back on social media that he paid him when he gets busted for trying to screw the guy.

Not done yet resurrecting his tarnished reputation, he speeds like an idiot and gets pulled over by a racist cop who forthwith accuses Anderson of exclaiming that he is going to ejaculate in the arresting officer's wife's eye. It was all lies, and he is exonerated (except for the speeding part).

Later on, Robby and his friend George buy some land and raise rabbits on a farm. The End.

#37 jetophile, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  18. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

and yet, I would be ok with a 7th rounder. At this point, it's not even about compensation.For Joe Douglas its a means to make a statement that people who were drafted under macc or re-signed under macc are not safe, assuming their production doesn't match their contract.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

sure shell, herndon, jenkins, cahsman, Maye, Lac are all bums huh?

20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

kind of an off the wall idea, but i'd call up the giants and try to get a 6th rounder for powell. He would start for them in 2 days and provide a solid veteran backup for barkely. barkley is still a few weeks out and gallman isn't good and also in the concussion protocol. they are also missing shepard who may be done for the year. they could really use a guy like powell right now and we have no use for him. he's been active all but 1 game as a healthy scratch and is the 3rd RB on the depth chart who doesn't play special teams and on a 1 year deal and not in our future plans.