No more Falk

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longislandjetfan, Oct 6, 2019.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Not saying the dude is any good at all..... but it probably wouldve helped if the genius coach actually had him practice with the starters last week. :confused:

2. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I don't know. Would it have helped really? Box score might have been marginally more competitive, his stats might have been a little better, but would any amount of practice have made a significant difference? I'm not sure it would.

FJF likes this.
  3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Would it end in a victory? NO
    Would it show that the coach at least is attempting to handle the situation and TRY to be competitive? YES

Pepsiguy5 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. MoWilkBeast

I understand that but guess I see it differently. I'd rather he spend 100% of the reps on the guy who can, if he is fit, possibly, get us to a victory or damn close to it. I honestly can't see Falk doing anything against anyone and any rep he gets is wasted because there is nothing Gase, or anyone else for that matter, can do to make this team competitive with him under center. Not with this OL and supporting cast anyway. You could possibly make it slightly less shit, but at the risk of making the other guy far less prepared if he is fit.

FJF likes this.
  5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yep. QB's don't grow on trees. Remember 2005? Chad went down, then Fiedler went down, so the Jets were stuck with Brooks Bollinger. It was brutal to watch, just like it is with Falk. Then they signed Vinny out of retirement. Sometimes you just have bad luck and the Jets definitely have had it this season. I really don't understand blaming Falk or Gase. Only so much either can do. Blaming Joe Douglas is understandable, but they expected Sam back sooner rather than later. I do agree they should release Falk once Sam returns, then sign a veteran QB to back him up the rest of the season. Falk has no use on an NFL roster.

FJF likes this.
  6. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

No! No! No! Keep running Falk out there and let him get killed by our crappy O-line.

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Did he really do this?

What a fucking fool and that should nearly be a sacking offence in itself tbh

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Preach baldy

NCJetsfan and The Dark Knight like this.
  9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yep. That is why I don't see any use for him on the roster once Sam returns. No fault to Falk. It is hard to play QB in the NFL. You can look good against 3rd string Defenses in Pre-season, but a real game against a Bill Belichick D or even Jim Schwartz yesterday? No chance. QB's help the O-line too. Falk clearly can't read defenses or blitzes, etc. Makes the O-line look even worse than it actually is. Intelligent football people get it. Others say "Wow! Gase sucks! Fire him!"

NCJetsfan, MoWilkBeast and FJF like this.
  10. MoWilkBeast

Agreed. He's a practice squad QB. That's the extent of his talent. Sign an available vet to replace Siemian and put him back there once Sam is good to go.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

We should sign Kap. There is absolutely nothing to lose.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I dont understand why they signed Luke Falk in the first place.....Why not sign a legit veteran backup qb instead of this Adam Gase "guy" Adam Gase the offensive genius who gave up 10 sacks on Sunday.This is bad guys....Todd Bowles looks like a competent NFL coach compared to Gase...

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. FJF

They did, Siemian was a legit nfl backup. Signing another guy off the street to start what they thought would be 1 game bs having a guy you had in camp wasn’t a bad decision. It only looks bad because sams spleen didn’t shrink in time to keep falk from a 2nd start.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  14. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Do you really think that a QB of any value would agree to take snaps behind this horrendous OL in a game situation? Sorry, but a practice squad guy with no NFL future is all you can hope for at this point. That's all Folks!

15. MoWilkBeast

That said, they should sign another legit backup once Sam is cleared. I don't really want to see Falk active on game day ever again.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I agree. Once Sam is cleared I would be shocked if they don't bring in another vet to be the backup.

17. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

You can tell just by watching the game that Falk had no idea what to do with the ball. He was holding it for longer than 2 seconds multiple times, he'd think about throwing it downfield, hesitate, and check it down to Bell out of pure panic.

That guy doesn't belong anywhere near a football field, he's not even a top 96 QB

westiedog1 and FJF like this.
  18. FJF

But who? It’s hard enough to get a legit starting qb.

19. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

dawinner127 likes this.
  20. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. I'm a bit late to this thread but from what I saw last Sunday all of what you say is spot on. In addition the guy has a weak arm. Seems the Jets have a knack for signing weak armed QB's. It's true that the O-line hasn't given him the greatest protection, but there have been plays where he has had time to throw and failed to get rid of the ball. His downfield tosses have "intercept me" written all over them. I think Nick Folk would be a better QB than Luke Falk.

CotcheryFan likes this.