Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It's inevitable..why wait? When your RB leads the team in targets and receptions there is something wrong with the scheme.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

What about not being able to put a competent offense together after 6 years?

People need to stop pretending it’s about the 4 games.

Ralebird, SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

Tremendously stupid to have Montgomery play only eight snaps. But tell me more about how we can’t judge Gase until Darnold is healthy.

ColoradoContrails and stinkyB like this.
  4. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

Fire now while Washington have also fired someone. Bury the news and put Gregg Williams in charge for the rest of the season as he did in Cleveland, or go hire Mccarthy or Jack Del Rio until the end of the season only and then they can have an interview with any other prospects after the end of the year. Will cost us money but Gase is an absolute disaster. get rid. Wrong man at the time, wrong man every week since, needs to go.

SOJAZ, ColoradoContrails and AJT73 like this.
  5. Well if hes as incompetent as you & others say..and im not suggesting your wrong..what harm will it do in actually waiting for Darnold/Herndon to come back to prove it?

This is where the anti gase crowd is losing me. Hes playing w a PS QB, a non functional OL & other key injuries(Enunwa/Herndon).Why is it such a race to bury the guy? Surely if hes as dreadful as he seems it will be more of the same when the actual starting QB & arguably his fav weapon return.Doesnt that carry more weight than 3 games of Luke Falk??

Its not like anyone here is singing the praises of Gase..let the Knucklehead Brothers see their prized young QB run for his life & look clueless in this offense(injury free of course)..Thats the time to twist the knife..not when we’ve played 3 games now w 3 Non starting Qbs..one a Practice squader & one signed off the streets

#965 KurtTheJetsFan, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2019
    NCJetsfan and Falco21 like this.
  6. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

Probably one of the worst games i watched as a Jets Fan in a very long time. There were times during the game I was yelling for the QB to stay down. Dont get up they are killing you. Then I thought of Sam saying he did not want to die. VERY Smart young man. You have to know for the past 7 years maybe longer we have not drafted an offensive linemen, HELL you have to go back to Nick and Brick I think that was 2006. Until the is addressed by our new GM just expect the same thing the rest of the season. I hope we dont get our QB killed and YES I mean that.

7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Why is it inevitable? Because you and other posters believe that? Lol

Our RB leads the team in targets because the guy running our offense on the field should never see a football field again in his life.

You can blame the scheme all you fuckin want. But when you have one of the worst offensive lines in the league and Luke Falk quarterbacking the offense, no scheme on this earth would fix our problems.

8. Falco21

You do realize that Darnolds comment on "not wanting to die" was about whether his spleen was enlarged or not. It was about him playing even if he felt great despite his spleen being enlarged.

9. BroadwayAaron

Again, the guy is making awful decisions that have nothing to do with the quality of the players under center or on the line. I’ll stick to just yesterday:

55 yard field goal into the wind?
    Taking a TO because the team wasn’t ready for the FG?
    Not playing Montgomery when you can’t get any offense going?
    Bell saying the team wasn’t prepared or motivated (“we’d break the huddle and guys wouldn’t even line up”)?
    4th and 1 designed roll out and pass when your QB can’t roll out and barely throw?

That’s 5 things off the top of my head that we would absolutely annihilate Bowles for doing this time last year.

10. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Even if Gase survives this season and that's no sure thing I would think Doulgas would want to bring in his own HC for next season. This has been a total disaster so far. I get that he hasn't had Darnold for most of the year but they aren't competitive at all. I actually thought if things went right that they could compete for a WC. Was I wrong on that one.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. BroadwayAaron

Here’s the key. We aren’t even competitive. We have been embarrassing ourselves for the last three games and it seems sometimes like the coach isn’t even trying. How can you expect the players to try when the coach clearly isn’t? And if he is trying and he’s still making his head scratching decisions then he is a bad coach that needs to be fired as soon as the season ends.

12. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Agree

13. Falco21

Please point me to where that Le'veon Bell quote is from.

Where did he say "we’d break the huddle and guys wouldn’t even line up"

I'd like to read that

14. BroadwayAaron

Here you go

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/...0191006-iueyxcxctzeijnwzuf5y3jdm7u-story.html

“Gase ran a clinic in bad coaching.

“We’ll break the huddle and guys were not getting lined up,” said Le’Veon Bell, who had 88 total yards on 22 touches. “So, he was getting guys lined up and then he’s got to go to the line of scrimmage and make sure the linemen know the protection and who the Mike (linebacker) is.”“

SOJAZ, ColoradoContrails and 4jetfans like this.
  15. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Absolutely.

[​IMG]

Yorkshire Jet and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. Falco21

That's interesting.

Gase definitely deserves blame for that.

4jetfans likes this.
  17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

and after a bye-week too.........BRUTAL

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Okay, Devil's advocate time:

FG - Gase knew there was no chance of making it, might as well hit & hope.
    TO - was called on the field I think.
    Montgomery - you try and get the ball in the hands of your best O player as much as possible and hope he makes something happen.
    Bell - Falk not communicating effectively in the huddle.
    4th and 1 - Bowles would have punted and got crucified for that. At least it wasn't a dive up the gut behind this OL.

Not that the criticisms aren't valid, just that - in isolation - you can see why some things are happening. It is not a good team, nor is it well coached but until you at least see what it is like at something like full strength then I don't think you can really close the book.

NCJetsfan and 4jetfans like this.
  19. Falco21

The field goal was obvious. Falk couldn't lead the offense past 10 yards. I had ZERO faith in him scoring, just as Gase did.

The timeout was taken because we were lined up overloading one side of the ball and leaving the other side wide open. I don't know if that's Gase or just horrible foresight by the line.

The Montgomery thing I don't understand. Montgomery wouldn't have done jack shit to help this team get a win yesterday. If Bell couldn't get anything going, why would Montgomery?

Again, not looking at the entire picture is becoming a common thing on this forum. Gase has made some poor decisions, I don't think anyone is denying that, but ignoring how piss poor the talent is on this roster and the unreal amount of injuries is what is so mind blowing

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The bright side is we are not only on pace to break the record of fewest offensive points in a season (140 by the ‘92 Seahawks) but our pace of 68 is going to fucking obliterate it.

Yorkshire Jet, SOJAZ and 4jetfans like this.