Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I honestly don’t know but guess we’ll find out eventually how he does with a good QB

Every single game that he’s coached has been with not even a below average starting QB but a backup QB caliber (Tannehill) at best

Please show me the coaches in recent memory that have lit up the scoreboard with backup or worse quality QBs

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The rest of us have been watching the players he puts on the field and the plays he calls.

3. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I agree with you for most of the other sports.
    But in football, coaching is HUGE.
    If you don't think so, look at what Parcells did with Kotites's 3-13 / 1-15 roster.
    Look at what Sean McVay did with Goff and the Rams after Fisher got fired.

Coaching is everything in the NFL.

horsehead and JeTsInTexas like this.
  4. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

And when Vinnie went down they lost six in a row with a better roster than they have now. Goff was a first round choice Falk isn't. When the talent is equal coaching can make the difference. But the Jets are really short handed. But hey if it makes fans feel better blame the coach and fire him.

5. truthbtold

Nobody is talking about lighting up the scoreboard.
    We have one of the most dynamic RB's to hit the NFL in the last 20 years and we still can't even get a goddamn first down! Even those horrible Lions teams managed to move and score when they had nothing but Barry Sanders.

If you don't think Gase a big part of our problem, then we'll have to agree to disagree.

6. truthbtold

You have no idea how much better it will make me feel.

JeTsInTexas and Since1969 like this.
  7. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Fire him tomorrow. Wait it's still Sunday. Fire him today.

8. truthbtold

Too bad we can't go back in time and fire him 6 months ago.

9. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Dude

You are so wrong

Watch the games

We are literally incompetent and uncompetitive

These are professionals

We couldn’t score an offensive TD for how many drives? 30?

No one is saying Gase can make Falk good

We are saying there is nothing there from Gase- zero

10. King Koopa

Luke Falk and our o-line is a disgusting combo right now and no coach would do much of anything with that to work with...Maybe some guys could do a little better but who even knows

Gase is probably not even a good coach but I’d like to see a few games with Darnold healthy before I toss him in the dumpster. If they were to fire him tomorrow I wouldn’t care honestly but the criticism is a little much considering the circumstances

11. 50 years & Counting

50 years & Counting New Member

Its been a long time since Iast posted about my beloved Jets (for many unimportant reasons), so please excuse my jumping in on page 48, especially if someone else has already said this but...

It seems to me that he is coaching scared. I think that he is thin skinned and hypersensitive to any criticism. So he's trying to avoid it by calling a 'safe' game plan. Of course its resulting in opposite, but how else to explain the lack of ingenuity and risk; the failure to employ Montgomery.

I don't think he is strong and self secure enough to coach in NYC.

12. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Ok fair point buddy

But one question

Did you see any offensive improvement or creativity or strategy today EVEN with 2 full weeks of planning? Nope....nothing.

That’s on coaching.

Not saying they could win, or even compete.

But come on..This is some hapless shit.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. mute

mute Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

14. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

15. King Koopa

I hear ya but unfortunately it’s the reality of the NFL playing with a 3rd stringer and horrid oline..hard to be creative when you can’t do basic shit right

Just look at the video above...Winters gets beat and Falk doesn’t get rid of the ball

A combo of those kind of plays throughout the game...what do you want Gase to do?

16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Gase saying he will get it fixed basically is, Darnold is coming back, we will be fine. Also Herndon returns.

17. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I tend to agree. You could get by, not be good, with one of those things but not with both. Then you add on that the two bigger bodied receivers who can go up and win the ball are out then how many options are there. Gase shouldn't be getting a free pass though. It is on him to do the best he can with what he has and he is clearly not doing that.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

It's a reality that many on here are having a very hard time understanding.

It's easy to point blame at one person. Many posters on here never wanted Gase from the beginning and were on the "fire Gase" bandwagon from day one. Anything that goes wrong, they will jump on calling for his head, instead of taking the logical and level-headed approach and evaluate the enitre picture.

Hell, even Boomer said the same shit at half time. He said you can't coach a team with this bad of an offensive line and a QB who doesn't belong in the NFL. That's the cold hard truth.

I feel bad for Gase, in all honesty. I still have yet to make up my mind on his future here, but to come into New York with such high hopes and then your entire season gets tossed upside down with injuries, has got to be hard to deal with.

The worst part, and maybe the best part for our future, is that these injuries exposed just how poor Mac was at drafting players and putting together a roster. There is ZERO depth. And at this point, even the so called "depth" is getting hurt, enter Falk.

And I can guarantee you I will be replied to pointing out his play calling and his horrible decisions, etc. etc. But when you have a QB who again, does not belong on an NFL team, and an offensive line that can't block their own shadow, it's tough to call any play and be successful. Why do you think he decided to take a shot at an almsot impossible FG? You think Falk would have took us down the field and scored? LOL

King Koopa likes this.
  19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Washington just fired Gruden, why haven't we fired Gase???

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Because after 6 years he couldn't put a competent team together. Not 4 games....

mute likes this.