No more Falk

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longislandjetfan, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Longislandjetfan

Longislandjetfan Active Member

Now in the event that Sam still can t play next week this team has to sign some veteran qb of the scrap heap just to somewhat compete. They cannot trot out Luke Falk out there anymore. The guy is not a professional qb at all. Not a backup not a 3rd string not even a practice squad guy. When you put this guy out there your essentially forfeited the game before it started. I’m sure he’s a nice guy but he does not have the ability or skill to even get a first down In the NFL. If Sam is out again they gotta sign someone who has a little bit of skill to play the postion just to Remain somewhat competitive for a portion of the game next week. The options are limited but I’d

LAJet likes this.
  2. Longislandjetfan

Longislandjetfan Active Member

Sign someone like a Brock Osweiler or literally anyone with some experience. I’m not saying we will win or even come close but we can’t embarrass ourselves with a guy who shouldn’t even be a practice squad guy starting. Sorry I hit the post button before without finishing the thread.

FlaJet likes this.
  3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I'm sure the shit tier o-line or shit-tier playcalling has nothing to do with his lack of production.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  4. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

No point. The season is lost at this point, and with the ineptness of Gase's playcalling, they might as well tank hard with Darnold gone.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  5. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Yep

Sad thing is

They don’t have to TRY to tank

Just be themselves

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  6. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

No, keep trotting him out there. The team needs to continue to look as bad as they've looked the last couple of weeks. The worse they look going forward, the more pressure it puts on the Johnsons to get rid of this incompetent "offensive guru".

7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I'm not shooting the messenger, but how about Rex Grossman while you're at it? I honestly can't see what makes you think that we wouldn't be 0-5 with Brock Osweiler or even Josh McCown. 1-4? Yay, wheee.

It has become glaringly apparent that a big part of the Jets' problems - amongst all of their other problems - is the paucity of talent. The talent just isn't there, pure and simple. Even alchemists can't make gold out of a pile of shit.

themorey and MoWilkBeast like this.
  8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

If you had gold I'm sure the Head Alchemist here could turn it into a pile of shit though.

Acad23 likes this.
  9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You can beat that drum all day long if you want. But he was awful with time, with open receivers, with short passes, He is not an NFL capable starter and he is not helping the Jets one iota.

10. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Exactly.

One of the many reasons the Johnsons are so terrible is that they're fine with mediocrity. They think like the Wall Street guys they are: Even if we offer a shitty product that doesn't work, if at least some people are spending money on it, we've succeeded. "Better than expected, however bad it is," is considered acceptable to the Johnsons. That's why they kept Rex after a season where his team not only couldn't string consecutive wins together, but couldn't even be competitive in back to back games. It's why going 5-11 when 1-15 or 0-16 was expected was enough to keep Bowles for another year. It sucks to say, but any improvement, however superficial and insignificant, is going to be a death blow to the Jets' chances to actually move on from Gase and actually improve. The Jets only have two options right now:
    1) Turn things around 180 degrees and make Gase actually look like an offensive guru.
    2) Have a season so humiliating that we'll be longing for the days of Rich Kotite so the Johnsons will have to get rid of the bum.

tomdeb, NYJetsO12 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  11. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Sad thing is they are not a competitive team. Defense wasn’t that good. Yes all the blame should go to the offense and Gase but defense can’t keep them in games.

12. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Luke Falk was a 6th round pick and is on his 3rd team in two years. The fact that this guy even is starting in the NFL is insane considering that there has to be someone out there who actually has NFL starting experience that the Jets could have picked up to play. Falk should have never played beyond the game that Siemian got hurt. Crap, I'll even bring Vinny Testaverde off the couch. It's like these guys are tanking on purpose.

FlaJet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  13. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

As soon as Siemian went down there should have been some kind of movement on a QB. Falk is a practice squad QB and it shows. Gase pretty much acknowledged that by not even giving him the 1st team reps this week.

Hoping Sam would return early was a big mistake. Hope is not a plan.

They should have expected Sam to be out for 8 weeks, minimum. If he returned before that, great. In the meantime the Jets have no QB, no answers, and no prayer. That falls on Joe D as much as it falls on Gase.

14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

They're not "Wall Street guys," they don't work that hard.

BrowningNagle and NYJetsO12 like this.
  15. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

I'd actually prefer we just get rid of the Johnsons.

NYJetsO12 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  16. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

This is soooo spot on. To think that Sam would come back quickly from such a serious illness, is to have your head firmly implanted up your ass.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

So what you're saying is ...
    It doesn't take Columbo to figure out that Falk can't play?

:)

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That card's already been played.

Nice try though...

19. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

It’s a good card though! I still chuckled.

Acad23 likes this.
  20. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

Good call. A few other things we need, a new o-line, a new head coach and new owners. if we can get all that sorted before Dallas next week that would be swell. ;)