The Johnson Bros

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Stagman, Sep 10, 2019.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Poor city.

2. HomeoftheJets

At least we had some nice seasons in our first decade with Woody. Chris has given us nothing but trash.

3. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Those first few woody seasons were mostly because of parcells’ guys. I mean we drafted a kicker in the second round with herm/bradway. Once Penny’s shoulder died that was all she wrote.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

I know. There was the Rex era though, fleeting as it was.

cmcm750203 likes this.
  5. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

I will admit probably my favorite two year stretch of watching this team. I guess 97/98 is close but losing to the lions on that horrible int in 97 was such a soj moment

sackexchange and HomeoftheJets like this.
  6. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I agree. It was great not only because they made it to the AFCCG 2 years in a row but moreso because you thought they had had found their guy at both HC and QB and that they were building toward something big. Amazing how quickly it all unraveled,

cmcm750203 likes this.
  7. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I wish that the Jets would get sold and move to another city then I could drop them and start to follow another team as there would no longer be a NY Jets to follow

rickjet likes this.
  8. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

It's because we've had a bunch of save-asses for GMs. They pick up non-impact positions so that it becomes less apparent when they're underperforming. They also draft the best player available so that if that guy is a bust, the GM can say that everyone was wrong and it wasn't just their bad call. They put more stock in free agency than the draft because they view it as safer. They don't go for more than one or two big free agent signings, but they want at least a couple big names to make it seem like they made the deal of a lifetime. Other than that, it's a bunch of small name signings to fill in the gaps. All in all, it's nothing but trying not to lose.

To be honest, I get the impression that our recent GMs haven't cared about winning at all. I don't think they're really even trying to keep their jobs. They know that, in pro sports, the front office and the coaches are ALL going to be either fired or forced to retire at some point, even good ones. They just want to ensure that they can keep getting jobs and that they don't make some huge error that prevents them from ever working in the NFL again. So the build the team really conservatively; that way, if it's a success, they can point to that as their own genius. If it fails, they can claim in future interviews that they did their homework, crunched the numbers, and took the most logical path to making a good team, so the new team can't place the GM's former team's failures squarely on him.

9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Just fucking...

[​IMG]

KWJetsFan likes this.
  10. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

I think this team is worse than the 1962 Mets, who won 4 games because one football game is like 10 baseball games.

11. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

So glad I unloaded my season tix a few years ago. Shit franchise.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  12. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Talk about "playing it safe", the last time the Jets traded their First Round Pick for an established player was 14 years ago, and that pick was #26, at the bottom of the round. When you keep getting bonehead GMs who cannot build a team through a combination of drafts, trades and FA signings, and who do not even consider trading a high First Rounder, then you have a recipe for perpetual disaster.

13. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

I know. I can dream though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Cman68 likes this.
  14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

jilozzo and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

It’s going to be very difficult for me to re-up my group tickets for this product.

they would have to give me 85% off and let me flip the coin for me to re-up.

16. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Told you. Throwing your money down the toilet. I am sure you will not be renewing your plan anytime soon. You can be at home and drink as much as you want and have no worries of driving. If the team shits the bed you can just change the channel. This is one of the worst Jet teams I have ever seen. Totally unprepared as a unit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

There's nothing like watching a train wreck live.

18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I won’t renew them my friend no worries. Learned my lesson.

AJW likes this.
  19. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

And that was just a moronic move. The "established player" was a back up tight end. Then they used the 2nd pick that year to draft a fucking kicker...who wasn't even that good! If you're going to trade a 1st round pick, it needs to be for an All-Pro; a not a guy who barely got off the bench. Bradway's problem wasn't that he was a coward, it was that he was a fucking idiot. To his credit, he DID get us a few decent players prior to his 2005 debacle (Jonathan Vilma, Lamont Jordan, Jerricho Cotchery, Jonathan Goodwin to name a few).

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  20. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Every year I get trapped by the preseason hype. By August the media and Jets spin machine pumps up my hope and expectations for a better season to a fever pitch.

OK we will not win every game. We play teams with greater talent. Better coaching. We loose to those teams and it’s understandable.

But how long can I support this miserable entity.

I have been a season ticket holder for 10 years. I enjoy my tailgate crew. The stadium might be more tolerable if this organization had a winning record. I normally leave during the 3rd quarter to avoid the exiting scrum in the parking lot.

Now I contemplate selling my PSLs and tickets for what little value they may bring.

I will only miss the tailgate experience.