Brian Costello (NY Post) just hit it out of the park

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by wewantsapp, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Mark Cannizzaro looks fat to me

2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

More media nonsense.

All it takes is some common sense to figure this thing out.

Who in a right state of mind brings in a "experienced" head coach then spends a gazillion dollars in free agency one year after drafting a franchise QB then only three games into a brand new season tries to sell yet another multiple years rebuild?

Are these people out of their frickin' minds?

If Gase doesn't start winning games soon get 'em all outta here including Douglas who I view as nothing more than a Gase yes man.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That's fair. :confused:

FJF likes this.
  4. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

This season is still salvageable.

A win against Philadelphia would be special. The Jets have never done it. So not only would it stop the bleeding, be win #1 in 2019 it would be one for the history book.

Then come home and beat a beatable Dallas team.

That would set up a big rematch against New England.

I wanna see Ws not excuses or rebuild talk. This guy wasn't brought in here to lead a long rebuild.

Just like we need sacks from Leonard Williams we need wins from this guy Gase.

Do your jobs people.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Wow
    I want what you’re smoking

6. GreenInTheBowl

Feel like I'm staring at the credits rolling down the screen after a really bad movie. But they keep on making sequels. And they keep getting worse and worse and worse.

A Johnson & Johnson Production

7. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Article shouldn’t be news to ANYONE on these boards. Stuff written inside is exactly what has been posted here for at least 2, maybe 3 years.

It’s a dire situation and once again the team is just about at rock bottom....

What irks me most is that these bottoming cycles repeat themselves too often. That’s on the owners, period.

I’ve seen these wash outs happen every 4-5 years with this club going back into the 80’s. The lack of stability on and off the field is mind numbing. The current one is particularly disturbing and will take a miracle to correct.

Trouble is how does one measure “correct”....A blemished run to a WC game and back to the abyss or a blast into and thru an AFC championship??

Oh the pain. LOL

8. jilozzo

It is certainly a horror show.

9. GreenInTheBowl

PLAYOFFS?! Lol, I get what you're saying, but we've sunken far beyond the 4-5 year cycle to a brand new low with not a gleam of hope in sight.

Problem is all these other teams have passed us by exponentially as we let a couple of clowns draft for nearly a decade with absolutely no team-specific, structural plan except "BPA".

Realistically, this team hasn't made the playoffs in almost a decade, and who are the cornerstones that are going to get us there in the next half-decade? I could name a few, maybe, but even those are question marks.

The $100 mil wasted, years of bad drafting, bad coaches, have all set us back to where it may even ruin our young, coveted franchise QB'S career. It's compounded into the Jets being more than a laughing stock, just insignificant to the game of football.

My Mets may have something next year. I'll wait for the johnson's to get their shit together or sell.., but in the meantime, what fan can actually watch this garbage week in & and week out without driving yourself insane? You have to get sick of it after awhile. Watching a Jets game has become more like a dark comedy than a spirited competition.

These rich bastards take it for granted bc they own a professional team in a big-market city. They enjoy playing the New York media more than playing and WINNING and caring about the game of football.

Eventually people aren't going to buy the product until they sell or become less involved.

If I had a kid tomorrow, I'm hiding my Jets fandom from him. In fact, my own father has apologized for bringing it upon me.

10. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

It's been working pretty well for Dallas these last few years.

wewantsapp and Peebag like this.
  11. PabloJa likes this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Of course it's on the Owners!!

With hundreds of millions invested you would think they would learn something about football???smh 8xs

I swam and played Soccer as a kid, but I still recognized the term "build from the trenches" in Football

J and J must go to the Stanley H Kaplan football owner review course because their present knowledge is just unacceptable

I've posted before that these brothers are concerned more with the Teams value and revenue stream

The fact that a sh^tty loser Team like the NY Jets has tripled in value for them is like a giant unexpected boon

So ignorance is bliss for J &J ...all the way to the bank:/

The location of the Franchise, the NY market and the dumb suckers that watch this sandlot performance every weekend help them sleep at night knowing that if they had to sell the Team their profit would be astronomical

If the Fanbase stayed home...watch how fast things start to change!!

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Valuations can and will go down. The high end of the NY real estate market is correcting at a very fast rate. The NFL has reached a saturation point. The amount of really bad football that is played every Sunday is astonishing. They are getting a huge bump because of fantasy football and legalized betting but the game itself is turning into a shit show for the football junky who goes to the games.

Wahoo, ColoradoContrails and stinkyB like this.
  14. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

15. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I agree whole heartedly with much of your sentiment. Unfortunately the NY market is a different animal than the rest of the country. The Jets and the Knicks have two of the most clueless owners in all of professional sports. Yet because this is NY they can get away with it due to all of the corporate money/sponsors, TV contracts and the large amount of people living in a densely populated area. Basically it's the only city where these deadbeat, know-nothing owners can either a.) Not go after or invest in the best players (Knicks) or b.) Just have no clue how to build a well rounded, balanced young team (Jets). The reason being is they know they are still going to be highly profitable whether they put the best product out there or not. This is clearly a case of two sets of owners who should not be involved in professional sports where the goal is to win and not just make money. Sad.

16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Crack kills

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

LOL, I'll take Alabama +3.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

So he got paid to write that?

Anyone of us on here could have written that and in all probability have done over the last 12 months for free.

20. jilozzo