Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

well run companies don't change CEOs after 1 month. that's a company in chaos

NCJetsfan and cval like this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I just can’t believe Paul Hackett never dialed up a 4th and 9 draw to Martin

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I've definitely been just as mad as most of this board after our 3 losses, Dawinner can attest to that, but this is the most fair take we can have. Gase is not Belichick, he won't win with a 3rd string QB that has a hard time making an NFL roster. If our O sucks once Sam is back then we can fire up the billboards.

dawinner127 likes this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Well run companies also don't hire the wrong CEO in the first place. In other worse, continuity doesn't cause winning. Winning causes continuity.

5. Matthew_McBride

Matthew_McBride Active Member

Lol what? This entire post is ridiculous...

"How" we've gotten the 0-3 record.....playing with a third string QB and not having our playcaller on defense...out of Gase' control.

"It's also that he had the same kinds of problems in Miami".....ah so he lost his 1st and 2nd string QB in Miami and inherited a terrible roster and had only 3 games before really ignorant fans started calling for his head.....that dang Gase, he should stop losing his players to injury.

This isn't rocket science, you can't win without good players, I don't care who the coach is.

FJF, Falco21 and mrjet80 like this.
  6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Of course it is ridiculous.

We are 0-3 because, with injuries, we have arguably the worst roster in the NFL. Our #1 wide receiver is, at best, a #2 anywhere else. Our best offensive lineman came out of retirement to play. Our best linebacker is injured. Our starting QB is sick. Our best defensive lineman is injured. Our starting TE is serving a suspension.

With Darnold playing with mono and Mosley healthy, we were up 16-0 to one of the best defense in the league. It should have been 20-0 had we had Ficken at the time.

You are completely right. One would think this isn't rocket science, but I guess it can be to some

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? Who has been running the Jets for only a month? Your red herrings don't help your credibility.

8. BrowningNagle

the Jets are concluding their first month of the first regular season under Gase/Douglas. Get a calendar bro

9. Ralebird

My calendar goes back more than a month. Both those guys have been running the Jets for months, where have you been?

If you have a problem with anyone claiming either should be fired now, take it up with them.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Is there any evidence that leads you to believe that either the Jets are a well run company or they are competent enough to hire the right guy in the first place? We're coming off of years of Todd Bowles, Mike Macagnan and John motherfucking Idzik. Sorry, I'm not kicking my feet up and saying - yea the Jets are a well run organization, obviously they got it right with this Gase guy the fucking Dolphins just fired. Nope. My eyes are open looking for signs of the incompetence we've all come to know and love.

If we're lucky Gase won't turn Darnold into captain check-down. Hell, if we're lucky he won't get him killed. Literally.

11. BrowningNagle

absolutely no evidence to believe the Jets are a well run organization. That's obvious around all circles of the NFL. and certainly giving a head coach only 3 games will add to that / make it worse

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  12. Ralebird

Is it such a terrible thought that they should endeavor to become a well run organization?

13. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Very true, but, but this was mostly due to the defense, not the offense. Bell aside, the offense was pretty anemic even in that game. O-line was awful. Bell kept turning nothing into 6 or 8 yards.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We wouldn't have gotten Douglas in January. The Eagles denied another team or two permission to speak with Douglas about their GM job. I strongly believe that if we didn't have Gase as our HC we wouldn't have Douglas as our GM.

I'm curious, what has Taylor done that makes you think he would have been a good hire? The Bengals offense supposedly sucks and Bengals fans are unhappy with him based on some things I've read. He supposedly has to beat the Steelers or he will be on the hot seat. They're 0-3 like we are. They have only scored 21 more points than us when we haven't had our starting QB, and they have given up 13 more points. Following are some headlines I saw when I just googled Zac Taylor. Granted they are only a few headlines, but they seem to suggest that Taylor and his offense haven't been much better than Gase and ours. What am I missing?

"Bengals chat replay: Is the Zac Taylor offense really bad? And more questions answered
    Tyler Dragon, Cincinnati Enquirer"

From the Bengals' own website:
    "Taylor-Made Takes: ‘Whatever We Have To Do To Get a First Down and Score Points’"

"Zac Taylor hears the message loud and clear: He has to beat the Steelers"

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

No it shouldn't, my friend, and you know it. That's just frustration and hyperbole speaking. Firing a HC 3 games into the season when he's had a OL that's shit on their best days and who had almost no practice time together prior to the start of the season, his starting QB was sick in the 1st game, and in the last two he was using his backup QBs would be insane and the Jets would be the laughingstock of the NFL. No NFL team is going to win or look good on offense with the OL situation we have and with backup QBs.

Further, McCarthy was criticized for unimaginative, conservative, predictable play calling in GB. That's why he's available now. He wouldn't have time to install his system in the middle of the season. It would be a total clusterfuck.

16. NCJetsfan

ROFLMAO!!!! Yeah, right. SMH

17. NCJetsfan

Siemian was the #2 because he had experience, a winning record, and couldn't go to the PS. Falk could. The plan was that neither would ever play, that Sam would play every game. So, I disagree that this is a reason why Gase is inept.

18. NCJetsfan

If I could like this post twice, I would.

NYJetsO12 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  19. NCJetsfan

Not true at all. Douglas doesn't look like a steaming pile of shit, and he will do more (or should or we're screwed) to turn things around than Sam will.

20. NCJetsfan

Sorry, but I totally disagree with this. Rex was a buffoon and an embarrassment. He never should have stayed as long as he did. He should have been run out of town two years before he was.

Wahoo likes this.