Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I can see that - WR is a huge need especially a guy with that size.....and we have to trust in Douglas until he proves us wrong. As long as the OL is rebuilt.....

#721 mrjet80, Sep 24, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yeah our o-line is trash. no if ands or buts about it. You can't blame that on gase or JD yet really with the only exception that kalil should be benched. harrison was better. this offseason should be all about improving the o-line. we have edoga waiting in the wings and he should start somewhere next offseason. likely RT. it's a great draft for LTs as well. we can get a franchise 10 year LT in the 1st round easily. probably like 3 of them in this draft coming up. osemele is fine and I can take 1 more year of winters at RG or maybe lewis/compton win his spot to save money which means C is the big concern. hopefully we can find one or draft one in the 2nd/3rd round. I have to look at possible Cs in the draft I fully expect to see 3-4 new starters on the o-line next offseason. CB/Edge probably won't be addressed but I like the edge we have right now in rotation with jenkins, langi, basham, and copeland coming back. CB is a bigger need IMO then edge. look at the broncos. 2 elite edge rushers (von miller and chubb) and 0 sacks as a team

mrjet80 likes this.
  3. mrjet80

The only problem with bringing Winters back for one year is he will be a FA. I doubt he takes a one year deal. It wouldn't surprise me if Edoga were slotted into RG I think he'd have more success inside. But they definitely have to start at LT and C.....I can see an off season where the Jets add 3 new starters to the line, find some CBs ( hopefully 2 ) and add a big WR to the mix. Along with the usual depth FA signings. That would be a very successful off season and a great start to the rebuild...

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he's not a FA. he still has 2020 left on his contract which is the final year. 0 guaranteed 7.5mil salary. We could release him and save the 7.5mil but i'd rather keep him a year and let him walk since we need an upgrade at C more then we need to upgrade winders at RG. plus shell and beachum are also FAs. The only 2 positions not FAs on our starting o-line are the LG/RG so no need to make 2 more holes when we have enough to fill. The good news is it's a great draft for OT especially LT, and edoga can hopefully win a starting spot which means C is the main issue. we could cut winters and resign the cheaper backups of compton and lewis and have them battle for the job. honestly i don't think lewis would be a step down so that's an option too but lewis and compton are also FAs. I've been looking at our options and honestly, not too bad of a position. I have a plan i'd like to see JD follow but it's too early to get into that. I'll wait for the offseason

5. mrjet80

Oh well in that case the Jets may have to hang on to Winters while other slots are taken care of. I know it's supposed to be a good year for tackles.....in a perfect world the Jets draft their new LT and C and Edoga settles in nicely at RT but we'll see.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  6. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Browning! Dude, you are not allowed to respond sarcastically to a post in which the sarcasm went right over your head. Mods, is that allowed? That should be a 30-second ban.

;)

BrowningNagle likes this.
  7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

And just a fact, the offensive line is definitely not the healthiest of all the units on the offense.

The week of the New England game, Kelvin Beachum was limited in practice for an ankle injury. Brian Winters was limited in practice from a shoulder injury. Both of which were listed as "questionable" on the injury report

The healthiest "unit on the O" is running back. The only person who did not practice was Cannon. Other than that Bell and Montgomery were full go on Sunday.

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

9. mrjet80

That is correct - but when you combine a slightly below average OL with injuries...…..even worse results.

10. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Oh I agree but my remark was in response to the claim that the offensive line is the healthiest unit on the offense. That's not true.

In fact, health issues is what prevented them from playing together as a unit during the preseason.

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I am no Coach but taking 25 % of the blame for any loss and calling out players for inept performance might not get your vote with the boys...just bad psychology.

From the Bear:

"If anything goes wrong, I did it. If anything goes semi-good ,we did it. If anything goes really good,then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you."

twown and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. mrjet80

I know. That's why I said injuries coupled with that unit isn't a good result. Regardless, the OL needs to rebuilt once and for all.....

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It’s like inception. A dream on top of a dream

twown likes this.
  14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The only thing I'll point out here is that by NFL rules all players MUST be given the bye week off.

SOJAZ likes this.
  15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

How is it absurd to believe the HC should be kept or fired based on his performance and the GM should be kept or fired based on his own performance?

At what well run companies do people get fired for who they have lunch with?

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The idea that when there is a miss match in talent scheme can execute in spite of it disregards the fact that superior talent blows up execution in the NFL on virtually every play. Good players are faster stronger and see what’s happening faster than scrubs. Backup players get less work within the team concept then starters. That reduces the ability to execute against superior talent that is getting more reps.

The option is to simplify to execute. Another obvious advantage to the superior athlete who is able to execute in a more complex scheme.

The jets are fielding a scrub team right now. They will be out executed and physically mismatched.

17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The roster sucks. The money to bring a center out of retirement wasted. The trade with the Pats a wasted pick.

He’s the Jets GM. If he can’t fix it in 3 games he is as guilty as Gase.

FJF likes this.
  18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Jesus people, even Manish gets it:

An offensive genius should be able to score more than 11 points in three games no matter who is out there. At some point all you folks in denial will wake up.

19. thatisjetsfootball

thatisjetsfootball Active Member

20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Just going to play devil advocate here for a second against Manish.

Exhibit A - Panthers entire offense is better than ours. It isn't even close in terms of skill players and according to PFF the Panthers have the 16th ranked OL after 3 weeks. Even Muck Sanchez looked like he could have been the answer to our QB woes in 09 when we had the best OL in all of football.

Exhibit B - Jaguars have the 21st ranked OL and the only reason they aren't higher is because they lead the league in penalties as a unit with 13 (9 offensive holding calls).

Exhibit C - Clearly Manish didn't watch that game. The 49ers had 4 first half turnovers and another one in the second. That game was way closer than it should have been and Rudolph looked like shit. He only completed 2 passes that were past 3 yards of LOS - the 2 touchdown passes which went to JuJu and Johnson EDIT -- PFF has the Steelers ranked 5th in terms of OL play after 3 weeks BTW

I've been lenient when evaluating Gase these first 3 weeks, but after the bye (if Sam plays), and we are fully healthy I expect a change. The offense better show the F up or I'm going to be right alongside the rest of the board calling for a change.

#740 dawinner127, Sep 25, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2019