Idzik vs Mac Deathmatch

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Zach, Sep 23, 2019.

?

Who is worse?

1. John Idzik

21 vote(s)
    51.2%
  2. Mike MacCaganan

20 vote(s)
    48.8%
  1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Ivory and Decker were a couple. But I'm not arguing Idzik made more good moves than Mac. He didn't. But the bad moves he made were fewer and smaller in scope than Mac's. Ultimately, a lot of that is because Mac lasted 6 years (I'm counting this year) as opposed to Idzik's 2. But I consider Mac's longer tenure a legitimate part of the comparison because unlike Idzik, he was smooth and likable. Which in the hands of a bad GM are disastrous.

JetBlue likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Do Jets fans get to flog the loser at the 50-yard line during half time? If so, I vote that we make it a tie, because they both sucked and are losers.

tomdeb and Stagman like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That depends upon the location of the nearest bathroom and how badly one has to go. ;):p

4. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Nobody was worse than Bradway. He completely disassembled the team that Parcells built in about two years, then he traded a first round pick for a BACK UP tight end, then used his second round pick that year on a kicker.

#24 Linebacker712, Sep 23, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    jetsknicks1 and tomdeb like this.
  5. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Are you related to Geno?

JetBlue and HomeoftheJets like this.
  6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Geno. Stop defending yourself. We all know how much you suck.

7. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Dear lord

If you can’t see the facts that the shit ass disgracefully moronic and stupid Johnson brothers are to blame .... I can’t help you

Please support the “sell the team” billboards

jetsknicks1 likes this.
  8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

In need of a QB, Mac passed on both Mahomes and Watson. Mac isn’t light years ahead of anyone.

All Gas No Shake, legler82 and dmw like this.
  9. twown

twown Well-Known Member

In one thread we have people discussing the possibility that we just employed two of the worst GM's in league history back-to-back.

In another thread (or five) we have people wanting to burn our new head coach at the stake because his offense sucks.

We are American football fans.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  10. HomeoftheJets

And both those complaints are actually legit.

We are Jets fans.

All Gas No Shake and twown like this.
  11. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

Don’t you dare, don’t you even fucking dare

[​IMG]

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

MacCagnan drafted Jamal Adams on that pick alone he beats out Idzik.

The jury is still out on Sam Darnold & Quinnen Williams hopefully those two turn out to be closer to Jamal Adams than Leonard Williams.

Time will tell.

13. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Idzik never had the “luxury” of drafting that high. Maccs 2nd round and onward picks were higher than Idziks and he whiffed on almost every one - even comparing to the infamous draft where Idzik had something like 346 picks to use.

Both these GMs stink but I’ll argue until my dying day that we have only just got rid of the worst drafter ever to take up residence in NY. I’ll grant you Macc was probably better in FA dealings (albeit Idzik had a worse cap situation to work with)

14. WarriorRB28

They both stunk.

Adams is a great player. I don't care how high he was drafted we've seen the Jets draft plenty of busts that high no guarantees.

MacCagnan hit on that one and for that he deserves credit. I'm hopeful he hit on Darnold and Quinnen Williams too.

15. HomeoftheJets

Except to take Adams, Mac passed on the guy who might be the GOAT when all's said and done.

16. WarriorRB28

He's not going to have a better career than Brady. Common sense tells me Mahommes cannot possibly keep up his current production for a entire career.

Andy Reid isn't gonna be around forever.

Who's to say that Darnold doesn't end up with more Super Bowl wins than Mahommes when it's all said and done?

Time will tell.

IF Darnold turns out to be the answer at QB for the Jets + Adams > Mahommes.

17. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Idzik's plan was not to build through FA, which frankly is a shitty plan in a salary capped league. When there's a cap you win with value. FA you typically pay market (i.e., no bargain) and if your team stinks you usually have to overpay to get a good player to come to a losing franchise. In contrast, if you're a winning franchise you get deals for guys chasing rings. So in a salary capped league FA benefits the winning teams more than the losing

You want the cap space to re-sign (hopefully) your own stud picks in the draft. Idzik's plan was sound. It was Seahawks 2.0. The execution sucked

Macc never had a plan, and his execution sucked. Sorry, saying "I'll take whatever QB is left at 3" is a shitty plan. KC moving up for Mahomes (Bills pick) because they knew the potential, and when they had A. Smith is a much better sign of a GM with a vision of what he wants from a player and team

18. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

No disrespect to Adams at all (love him) but picking a safety at 6 seems highly suspect when you have holes at every skill position, LT and everywhere else.

Legend has it that when Belicheck interviewed for the Clevland job (as a HC) he had a notebook detailing how he would build a team, how much each position was worth, where to focus on such in the draft, how much to pay etc.

for the life of me i have to imagine Macc (as a GM) would respond, what a great idea (sarcasm). Have a plan of what a team should look like, and another for how to actually build it. Some metrics to actually guide what makes one player better *under BPA) than another under your idea of team. Without such metrics BPA is meaningless. Are you looking for speed, strength, smarts, versatility, toughness, whatever. Some idea of positional value

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Mac, because he was here longer. Did way more damage.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Actual footage of the Mac v idzic death match
    [​IMG]