Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

Great, that has really cheered me up. Gase ball for the foreseeable. I'll just have to get absolutely steaming drunk on sundays for a couple of years to get through the games instead. Forget analysis.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Hard to watch when your offense has 105 yards and have not converted a 3rd down in three games.

3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Being numb for the games works wonders.

cval likes this.
  4. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I don't disagree. I think it's unfair to kill a new coach who has only had the off-season to implement a new system before his team disintegrates before his eyes. He's been complete crap so far, but if he was here for a couple years where the team would have had more time to know the system before this all happened, I'd think it'd be much worse. When Darnold comes back and a few of the other pieces are healthy, if the team still plays like crap then I'll 100% say that Gase sucks. Until then it's too early to say he's worse than Kotite.

5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I was out of stash.. I felt so vulnerable. lmao

KurtTheJetsFan and dawinner127 like this.
  6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

7. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

An offensive genius is someone who comes up with a gamplan that plays to the strength of whatever talent he has. All of this "wait until he has Sam again" is just an excuse for Gase's lack of game planning skill. He clearly only knows one offense. He is the biggest farce in the NFL right now.

We have one of the best running backs in the league, a guy who can make plays and move the chains. Instead he gets wasted in these moronic gameplans.

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That's not fair.

We got a few 1st downs on penalties... :confused:

stinkyB likes this.
  9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Gase might have helped bring Douglas to the Jets, but that doesn't mean that they should be tied at the hip.
    1. Gase has a track record as a HC and it's not a good one.
    2. Douglas arrived at a point where he couldn't make any moves that could move the needle. Gase was hired in January and while he and Macc may have clashed during FA and the draft, he must've approved some of the moves.
    3. Douglas has a 6 year contract. How long is Gase's?
    4. We don't know who Douglas would've hired as HC if he had the chance.
    5. Our offense this year has made Jeremy Bates' offense look like a juggernaut. Yes we've had injuries and our OL isn't good, but other teams have competent offenses with key players hurt.

I'm sure there are other reasons I've left out.

#589 CotcheryFan, Sep 23, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  10. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Bell is like a receiver but we only use him on screens and behind the line of scrimmages throws.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. Doreblade

Doreblade Active Member

Many of have been doing that for two or three decades now. Not sure my liver can take much more !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

12. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

You can see the Martz influence by how he's getting the QBs killed.
    Leaving defenders unblocked on certain plays, barely any RB or TE help in pass pro, etc..

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Losing isnt the biggest problem.... HOW they've been losing is.

14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Gase may be here through 2020, but if things don't improve when Darnold returns and he's still here, I won't be.

ColoradoContrails and NYJFOREVER like this.
  15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Ive just checked a Forbes article when hired and Gase has a 3 or 4 year Contract with Jets. Hopefully its 3 ahahaha

Everyone was skeptical about the hire over MM..esp on Twitter

When asked, Chris J said "hes not concerned about winning Twitter"

The Johnsons prob would have been forced to give up some control/decision making to McCarthy and they are both Control Freaks so they got "offensive whiz" Gates to keep under thumb...Its a Political move..no consideration to the hoi polloi mass of nobodies fanbase

I ve figured it out ..like most big companies the Jets are about power and control...the only thing worse than a control freak snob and his brother are a stupid control freak snobby duo

If theres a Vacancy at HC one day this is the prob we are facing

#595 NYJetsO12, Sep 23, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I don't know. Week 1 was a collapse. The offense did not capitalize on turnovers, yet the defense dominated until Mosley's injury. After we learned Sam was playing with mono, which could have explained why he looked off. Week 2 Siemian is injured early. Forced to play with a 3rd string QB from the practice squad the rest of the game. Week 3 AT the defending Super Bowl Champions with a 3rd string QB.

I am not sure what anyone else could have expected but an (0-3) record with the offense not playing great. I wish the O-line was playing better and helping Falk. I wish the WR's were getting open. The play calling and creativity could be better by Gase, etc. Besides that, it is what it is.

I am still optimistic if the team can get healthy. I like how Gase talks off the field. Just haven't seen much on it yet.

17. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

For CJ, the amount of years on Gase' contract should mean absolutely nothing. If we go 4-12 again, he should be fired. Spare me the injury nonsense, this is the NFL. No matter what card you're dealt you have to coach what you have available.

Also, you're 100% correct. The Jets power structure is absolutely asinine. CJ hiring Gase first was a huge mistake, and although Joe Douglas was hired, he was never given the power to hire his own head coach. The johnson bros didn't learn from their experiment with bowles/maccagnan power structure, so they went ahead and tried it again with Joe/Gase.

Although Johnsons poor a ton of money into Jets, their ideas behind running the team are absolutely ridiculous

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah you will.. everyone says that

19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Let's be honest who would have believed that remotely possible.

Morton>Masterbates>Gase :mad:

CotcheryFan likes this.
  20. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I agree with you. It's hard to kill him with all the injuries. That being said the first three games have been a continuation of last year. Unispired play, outcoached and no imagination with offensive play calls. I'll give him time but for many Jet fans history is repeating itself and we've become impatient because we're passionate fans and have gotten nothing out of this team the last 7 to 8 years while crappy teams have turned it around in 2 or 3. Time will tell but we are seeing a Mangini, Rex Ryan 2.0 manifest in front of our eyes.