Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Again, not saying Adams should be traded, but which guy is the bigger difference-maker: Adams or Mahomes?

Had Macc been fired after that mistake we'd be so much farther ahead now. And anyone who still argues for taking BPA over a FQB knows nothing about football.

2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I love this guy.

The passion, effort he gives out there even when the game is well out of hand is truly awe inspiring.

His talent & effort is being wasted on these losing teams but this is the type of player the Jets should lock up long term. This is the type of player you build around. A real Jet not one of these mercs who come here for the payday then take it easy.

Mr mittens likes this.
  3. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

That was an intentional pick thrown by the Pats backup so the Jets could cover the spread. If the point spread wasn't an issue, no way would you see the Pats gift the Jets 2 TDs, like they did in the 4th quarter. Not to mention that the Pats also took their foot off the accelerator after the first 3 easy scores. They obviously had to keep the game in range so the Jets could cover the sucker's bet. But the Jet players should go ahead and celebrate the gift pick 6 anyway, because they probably won't have many opportunities to celebrate much of anything this season.

ColoradoContrails and Jets69 like this.
  4. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

People don't understand how much Vegas controls sports, Jets fans love the Moral victories.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

He's my favorite Jet right now. Plays hard, plays the game right a team leader. That being said this league is qb driven league. We didn't have qb when we drafted. Deshaun Watson, Pat Mahomes were available draft them. You wonder why we never get better. We always picked defense. Never took a 1st round qb. We are paying for it now. Only the Jets.

6. Metstrife

Metstrife Active Member

I do worry how long Jamal’s patience is going to last with the Jets. I admire the way he plays the game and seems to bounce back from defeat after defeat. But losing almost every week hurts and you only get one career. I don’t see a Jalen Ramsey type situation because he’s not that kind of guy, but I do fear he won’t re-sign with us unless Joe Douglas can really draft.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  7. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

That was strange; they never take their boot off our necks.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

He had a chance to blow Brady the fuck up and off the face of the planet when that homo was leading on a reverse and he didn’t do it. Calvin Pryor.2. Dead to me.

9. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

?? But we did take a 1st round QB..
    And we got a really good defensive player.

The Jets curse of course looms with that talented QB getting mono, and effectively ending our season by mid Sept.

FJF likes this.
  10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I am confused with Adams' attitude right now. I read he cancelled his weekly interview on WFAN for the season. Not good to see a defensive leader acting like this. Sam has handled things really well. Bell has too. Adams has been immature and disappointing. Maybe he hates Gregg Williams?

rohirrim665 likes this.
  11. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

What do we think the Jets could get if they traded him? I feel like we're trending in that direction if the team doesnt turn it around.

I would imagine they could get at least a first, especially since he's got 3 years left

12. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

Please refer to the thread pertaining to Adams and Bell potential trades.....

13. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

So you're saying Darnold would have made a difference against Browns and Pats?

14. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Jamaal is a good player. I would trade him today if it gets me a 1st rounder. I believe Douglas can take us from worst to first. But he'd have to bring in better coaches too.

15. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

The chances of a first rounder next year turning out to be a better or equal to Adams is very slim.

Adams is a franchise defensive player that doesn’t come around often, you build around that not discard it.
    If the Jets want to be a contender they need to figure out a way to improve enough as to Adams wanting to sign a second contract.

rohirrim665, Aero and FJF like this.
  16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Against the Browns. Yes.

rohirrim665, HomeoftheJets and FJF like this.
  17. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I do agree with @TheDarkKnight when he talks about Adams attitude. It has most been definitely disappointing and a total downer. Some will sneer at this but its true when I tell you positivity can have a huge effect on a team. Darnold and especially Bell have been super positive throughout this, and I strongly think that type of attitude from your captains can have an effect on the team. Adams acting like what is now a very typical case of being Diva (which is ruining the NFL by the way). I am sick of players with this type of attitude.

However, I also agree with @Section336 when he says Jamal is the type of player that you build around and you make sure that your team is good enough to not want to have your own superstar players mutiny, even if they are divas. There are exceptions to the Terrell Owens, Antonio Brown, Randy Moss types. I don't think Adams is in that category, but he's definitely a crybaby. It's just sad that we are in a position that nearly justifies his angst. This team needs to piece it together and make a season of this.

18. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Jamal Adams is a great defensive player, his attitude at times is a bit over the top, and I genuinely think that he is tired of being on this team due to the losing. When he said last season that we needed more dogs, he meant we needed more players like him. Clearly, we are 0-3 and a lot of the dogs he was talking about are either not on this roster because of bad drafting/bad FA decisions, or flat out injured (CJ Mosley).

My worry with Adams is when it comes time for him to re-sign, he will decline his option in hopes of going to a winning organization. Jets ownership have to be embarrassed and alarmed at the state of the franchise. All we heard all offseason was a crazy amount of propaganda how the team was going in the right direction, how gase was a innovative coach that is coaching to the future of where football is going. Had Adams continued his spot with Maggie and Bart on WFAN, he probably would have given sugar coated answers that he actually doesn't mean. We all know what Adams feels. He thinks the talent level on this team sucks, and he thinks the coaching is ass too.

19. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Probably because if he rocked Brady he would've been banned from the league knowing the NFL

20. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I dont think I'd really hesitate to move him if the Jets could get like a mid first round pick and maybe another pick elsewhere. Admittedly, I dont really know how realistic that is, or how he is viewed by the rest of the league.

Maybe its the pessimist in me, but I feel like he's right around the corner from demanding a trade.

But its clear this team needs offensive linemen. Its also becoming pretty obvious that really good linemen really dont hit the open market. I would love if the Jets could acquire 2 first round picks and use both on the offensive line.