Is the season really over?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Sep 19, 2019.

1. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Who ever thought this was a playoff team is delusional. No depth at WR, OL, LB and DB. I said 8-8 at best. I have been watching football for almost 40 years now. I can tell a good roster from an average to bad roster. This is not a complete team. Douglas has a lot of work to do.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

I dont know. The line wasn't better when Darnold was in. It isn't better now.
    If they can't protect, it doesn't matter who is in there. Gase is gonna Gase with the play calls. There won't be enough time to get Robbie involved down field. Darnold can move, but with the way this team chews through QBs I'm not sure I feel good about him scrambling every 3rd fucking down.

Trumaine, Hairston...christ. Getting Mosley back will help a lot but there's no guarantee he'll be back after the bye. Groin injuries can linger.

Or yeah, after the bye they suddenly start winning and become a team that doesn't look like a shit fire..
    Hope brings shame.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

IMO it would be a foolish waste of draft capital to try to trade for OL help now. The time to upgrade the OL is during the offseason. We're just going to have to suffer through this season with the shit OL we have. The playcalling can definitely improve and that will help, as will Sam's return and his mobility. Having Herndon back should help as well.

Mac screwed us for this season.

CotcheryFan and legler82 like this.
  4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

If Sam gets through this season without a serious injury because of our shit OL, that is a HUGE win at this point. Poor kid has so much potential, yet, I feel he is about to be ruined. I hope I'm wrong.

5. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Yes!!! It was over after we lost to the Bills. Gase is so in over his head it's awful. Darnold will help and we might win a few but this team is awful. Why we didn't hire a coach who developed a qb and won a Super Bowl over a guy who ran half his team out of Miami and depleted the roster is beyond me. Embarrassing.

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

13 in a row! Let’s go!

7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Yes. I'm of the mindset to hold him out, even if healthy, until this line "gels". At least this is the bullshit they are feeding us, they still need to "gel".

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I am thankful for the hissie fit Gase pulled to relieve us of that deadweight Mac...(of course the Owner wasn't ready to fix it..smh)

Other than that , my Rose Colored glasses are off for this Season and it pretty disheartening :/

I am not sure when or where the next W is coming from even with all players healthy so it's dumb to predict anything imo.....Lev Bell wants to show the fans we can "turn it around" ...but he's one guy

Gase is sooo disappointing with his attitude, playcalling etc and trying to like him after they tossed a better (not perfect) product in M McCarthy is hauntingly painful to consider

Well this sucks... but what else is new rooting for the hopeless..praying for a miracle

9. Metstrife

Metstrife Active Member

The season is over if Darnold comes back, plays behind this shitty line and gets crunched. I hope they give Udoga a chance and get Harrison in ahead of Kalil who has been absolutely brutal in all three games so far.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

But I answered no fully expecting what happened yesterday, should i still reevaluate?

NYJFOREVER and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. NCJetsfan

Spot on. Why should yesterday's game change anything in our perspective? Anyone expecting a win or even a close game yesterday was simply fooling themselves and not being realistic. I can't believe the score was as close as it was, even with a pick six and a muffed punt, or Belicheat's deciding to get Stidham some experience.

nicg4360 likes this.
  12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Season starts week 5 if Darnold is back for that game, hopefully he is because it’s a winnable game.

FJF likes this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

The score was not as bad because for some reason ( I think it was injuries ) the Patriots put on the breaks. I mean think about it they scored on their first 3 possessions then Edelman went down and Gordon looked like he broke a finger or 3 and the Pats line was a mess coming in,,,I think we saw something like a unicorn yesterday and that was Belicheat hitting the breaks and punting on 4th and 2 before halftime. ps IMO the score and the game were NOT CLOSE at all

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Every season that begins with Gase calling plays and running the offense is over the second it starts.

Jetsfansince95 likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

Yeah, one thing I'm certain of is that Belicheat didn't suddenly develop some class and decide to take pity on the Jets and not run up the score. I truly expected a 50 or 60 point beatdown whitewashing yesterday. I figured there was probably a reason why he decided to play Stidham. I thought perhaps it was just to get him some experience considering Brady's age, and maybe BB thought that even Stidham could come in and light it up against the Jets and embarrass them further.

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

So what you’re saying is the pats couldn’t pull away because injuries started to pile up?
    Hmmm

CBG likes this.
  17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

NOT at all FJay--what Im saying is that the Patriots put on the breaks as they easily could have won this game by 30 or 40 points. Why would you want to continue to play your starters and hard when the team you are playing against is not even competitive ?

18. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

Maybe this season is some type of social experiment on our fanbase? How bad do things have to get to prompt an actual riot or some insane scene like Gase being chased out of the stadium, but while he is being chased he throws his headset on a screen pass to Gregg Williams who is tackled 200 yards behind the line of scrimmage. And yes the season is over, when is the draft?

CotcheryFan likes this.
  19. SmoothLefty21

SmoothLefty21 Member

Yes, it's over. Short of Bell going down with a season-ending injury, the season couldn't have gotten off to a worse start. Things look bad, really bad, but there is a glass-half-full perspective.

1. The kicking game being a disaster (a nice goodbye gift from Macc) is the biggest reason we lost to Buffalo, with Sam secretly under the weather. We should have won that game in 25 different ways.
    2. We're 0-2 with our third-string QB in the ensuing two games. Playing with your backup is one thing; not many NFL teams are winning games with their 3rd stringer under center.
    3. Considering we have no Mosley, no Quinnen, no pass rush, and have benched our most expensive CB, the defense has played relatively well, especially given how often they've been on the field.

In short, we've yet to play a game with a healthy Sam. Gase looks every bit as bad as he was in Miami--he isn't the answer here and most of the fanbase knew that in the spring when he was hired--but we will look better. The OL is a huge concern but one of Sam's best attributes is his escapability and knack for extending plays and making things happen when plays break down.

The playoffs are a pipedream but at least we should be watchable once Sam comes back.

20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I think we were just hoping for some sign of life on offense.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.